'Game Score' Fantasy League Starting Up, GM Spots Open

HockeyG22

Apr 20, 2020
This year I will be starting a fantasy keeper league where scoring will be based on something called "Game Score". I will be putting up $500 of my own money for the league winner. League buy-in TBD.

League motto is simple.....make this more similar to managing an NHL team than a fantasy team.

For those unfamiliar with game score, read more here. And for a list of who led the league in Game Score last season, find that here.

Essentially, a few major stat categories are given weights to measure a players single game performance. The biggest factors being goals and assists, with a mix of shots, blocks, faceoff differential and on-ice analytic impact measures sprinkled in as well. This gives you one single number to measure a players true performance in a single game.

One reason I love Game Score is because it makes good shutdown defenseman, or good two-way forwards valuable, where as they would be irrelevant in a regular fantasy league. This makes a 'Game Score' league far more realistic to managing an actual hockey roster.

Rosters will likely be as follows...
12 Forwards
6 Defenseman
2 Goalies
4 Bench Slots
1 IR

The league will be a season-long points race, where the team with the highest total team game score will win.

League standings will be updated every 2 weeks.

Other rules around transactions and day-to-day operations still in the works and I am very open to the league GM's opinions on how we should set this up for maximum success.

We will likely track the league rosters, standings and other material through Google Docs.

The draft will be held in August via Zoom and we will also be managing this through a shared Google Doc.

We are aiming to begin with 6-8 teams which will allow for stacked rosters. Also aiming for 3-5 keepers (detail on this tbd). The discussion around a prospects draft and a farm system has not been ruled out either (open to league GM's thoughts).

If interested in a fun, more analytic-driven, fantasy league that will force you to really think about strategy in managing your team, please reach out to me directly or reply to this thread with your email.

Best

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad