Game Rant: Call of Duty: Warzone (PC) Hackers are getting out of control

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I've played a ton of this game on PS4. I've got a good amount of wins in quads. I've run into people I've suspected to be hacking 4-5 times in total. These were blatant "WTF JUST HAPPENED" moments. There have probably been a lot of other times where it's happened but the person doing it is better at covering it up. That being said, my group has been very succesful in Warzone and it's never been bad enough to make me want to leave.

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
It’s getting to be like PUBG at the height of their hacking issues. Every death seems suspicious. It’s not as blatant as a lot of PUBG hackers who would kill you from a flying car, or with a revolver from three towns over, but it’s definitely making me play more on PS4 over PC, which is not my preference, but it seems like we run into far fewer issues with it.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Apex Legends is getting hit pretty hard with the hackers on PC right now, as well as some pretty bad DDOS'ing in PS4 ranked.

It seems on PC most of the hacks are aim-bots, which can be pretty easy to hide for some experienced users. S0me of the higher tier content creators are starting to personally report these players to Dev's directly, as the reporting system doesn't seem to be working really.

Sep 19, 2008
:laugh:

I play Warzone for hours every day

IW won't do shit sadly...and if you watch as many streams as I do every day it's ridiculous. They just report the hackers and move on

Honestly I've rarely run into them. Mostly stick to MP grinding for gold guns.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Luckily I don't give a shit about "competitive" online games, because it is a problem on PC. However it is a lot better than it was 10+ years ago, some of the anti-cheat software is quite good.

Reactions: GreytWun

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I don't understand the thrill people get from cheating and ruining everyone else's time, but it's reason #3 on the list of why I don't play much in the way of competitive multiplayer games anymore.

It is immediately preceded by

2) The in-game pop-up adds for lootboxes, battle passes, and whatever other digital bullshit they want to sell you

and

1) I simply prefer single player or co-op games these days

Luckily I don't give a shit about "competitive" online games, because it is a problem on PC. However it is a lot better than it was 10+ years ago, some of the anti-cheat software is quite good.

And some are very intrusive. :laugh:

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
It’s just an aggressive form of trolling. They get a thrill out of pissing people off and knowing they’re the direct cause of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad