GDT: Game #PS7: Coyotes vs Ducks (Part 3) - 3:00pm - at TCC - Radio only KTAR 92.3

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
You get a goal…. You get a goal….
IMG_3517.gif

knich

Jan 3, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I attended the game. Too bad it wasn't televised because this was Yotes most complete effort. Setting aside the score, the Yotes dominated the Ducks. Although there were rumors the Ducks arrived shortly before game start, the game was very fast on both sides. This excuse IMO didn't do justice to how well the Yotes played. Oh..and Keller wasn't in the lineup.

They played 60 minutes. Backchecking was phenomenal, defense was tight, and the players were in sync. It just flowed really well for us. Almost every goal was a quality shot and not just a tap in. And the goals were scored after great set ups. We scored so many goals the fans (who all shouted loudly in unison) got tired of telling the goalie he sucked...lol.

Few quick notes.

Kerfoot looked great on line with Cooley and Zucker. They had much more pace without Guenther. Look for this line potentially to even start the season.

Maccelli was Maccelli.

Bjugstad played strong game in all areas.

Schmaltz was much more engaged, had lots of pace, and made nice plays. I am still not sold on Hayton centering that line, but perhaps his game will pick up.

Did I mention how fast and controlled the Yotes played?

Zucker is still trying to gel. Although he has played well (2A), we haven't seen him take many shots yet. I expect him to be even better once season starts.

O'Brien tried as he might couldn't find a dance partner. Ducks sat all their beef. So no Gordie for him.

Dumba, who looked more in sync, left late in game...so hopefully nothing serious.

Vej was very solid, stood tall, and no rebounds. He and Ingram look ready.

Only negative is we once again took too many penalties. They've got to clean them up.

The Ducks fielded pretty close to their opening night lineup (definitely top 6/4 off/def). Unfortunately, Leo Carlsson was injured and didn't play. That kid is going to be another Zegras.

Very frustrating and demoralizing game for Ducks....they have a lot of work to do in a week. I think they are happy to not play us for a couple of weeks.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I attended the game. Too bad it wasn't televised because this was Yotes most complete effort. Setting aside the score, the Yotes dominated the Ducks. Although there were rumors the Ducks arrived shortly before game start, the game was very fast on both sides. This excuse IMO didn't do justice to how well the Yotes played. Oh..and Keller wasn't in the lineup.

They played 60 minutes. Backchecking was phenomenal, defense was tight, and the players were in sync. It just flowed really well for us. Almost every goal was a quality shot and not just a tap in. And the goals were scored after great set ups. We scored so many goals the fans (who all shouted loudly in unison) got tired of telling the goalie he sucked...lol.

Few quick notes.

Kerfoot looked great on line with Cooley and Zucker. They had much more pace without Guenther. Look for this line potentially to even start the season.

Maccelli was Maccelli.

Bjugstad played strong game in all areas.

Schmaltz was much more engaged, had lots of pace, and made nice plays. I am still not sold on Hayton centering that line, but perhaps his game will pick up.

Did I mention how fast and controlled the Yotes played?

Zucker is still trying to gel. Although he has played well (2A), we haven't seen him take many shots yet. I expect him to be even better once season starts.

O'Brien tried as he might couldn't find a dance partner. Ducks sat all their beef. So no Gordie for him.

Dumba, who looked more in sync, left late in game...so hopefully nothing serious.

Vej was very solid, stood tall, and no rebounds. He and Ingram look ready.

Only negative is we once again took too many penalties. They've got to clean them up.

The Ducks fielded pretty close to their opening night lineup (definitely top 6/4 off/def). Unfortunately, Leo Carlsson was injured and didn't play. That kid is going to be another Zegras.

Very frustrating and demoralizing game for Ducks....they have a lot of work to do in a week. I think they are happy to not play us for a couple of weeks.
Hayton shouldn't be centering that line, but as of now, he is the best we have. I would expect we see Cooley at different times of the year taking this spot. Hayton does everything will with the talent he has, but he is not a 1C. Schmaltz is a vet, and it's preseason, but he has to really pick it up, and I hope he will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad