Booth Schroeder Higgins
Raymond Lappiere Hansen
Weise Malholtra Kassian

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Garrison
Tanev Corrado

Schnieder
(Random plug)

Luongo and Ballard sent for Picks & Prospects and yeah I have faith in Frankie!

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - A. Burrows
D. Booth - J. Van Reimsdyk - M. Raymond
C. Higgins - M. Lapierre - J. Hansen
M. Frattin - M. Malhotra - Z. Kassian

A. Edler - J. Garrison
D. Hamhuis - K. Bieksa
K. Ballard - C. Tanev

C. Schneider
E. Lack/UFA back up.

Not sure if the cap works. It would require trading Luongo (maybe a small +) for JVR + Frattin. JVR is not an ideal or experienced choice at center, but he is a big body, and has been practicing the position already. Could be interesting.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Dank - Hank - Burr
Booth - Higgins - Versteeg
Raymond - Lapierre - Kassian
Weise - Malhotra - Ebbett

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Ballard - Tanev
Ellerby

Schneider
FA backup

I'm basing this around Luongo and Schroeder to Florida in return for Versteeg, Ellerby +, don't know who else we would get back but it depends on how much Florida values Ellerby.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
With rumours swirling that Weiss isn't going to re-sign, even thinking of Huberdeau being traded at this point is insane.

probably going after Weiss is the better choice.........I believe Booth and him has some chemistry while in Florida no?

Higgins and Schroeder are the only choices unless a trade is made

Booth Kesler Weiss?? when all healthy

NoRaise4Brackett

But Brackett!!!
Mar 16, 2011
Lurking the Boards
Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Lappiere - Raymond
Booth - Shroeder - Hansen
Weise/Pinner - Malhotra - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Ballard - Tanev

Luongo & Schneider split starts until the deal

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

While I realize I've argued for Kassian on the 2nd line as the proper fit, with Kesler gone and Schroeder already being a playmaker, it'd just be redundant. In addition, it's probably not a great idea stacking two prospects on the 2nd line, and Kassian should afford the Sedins some much needed protection.

Booth-Schroeder-Burrows

This gives Schroeder two wingers who can score and skate, and Burrows can help pick up some defensive responsibilities for that line.

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

All three players have proven chemistry with one another. This is as solid of a third line as you can get with what we have.

Raymond-Malhotra-Weise

If Malhotra and Raymond can return to form, and Weise carries over some of his Dutch hockey flash, this could be a pretty potent 4th line that should hand bottom six forwards well enough.

I'm not going to even bother touching defense because that's all but given.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
probably going after Weiss is the better choice.........I believe Booth and him has some chemistry while in Florida no?

Higgins and Schroeder are the only choices unless a trade is made

Booth Kesler Weiss?? when all healthy

I'd like to have Weiss, but at the expense of Luongo? Maybe not. We'd have to re-sign Edler and Weiss, and I'm not sure how we'd be able to do that under a 64.3M cap next year. Weiss could very well walk from us too. Trading Luongo for essentially a rental player is not what anyone wants.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Kassian
Higgins - Schroeder - Burrows
Booth - Lapierre - Hansen
Raymond - Malhotra - Wiese

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Ballard - Tanev

healthy.....

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Kassian
Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen
Raymond - Malhotra - Lapierre

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

While I realize I've argued for Kassian on the 2nd line as the proper fit, with Kesler gone and Schroeder already being a playmaker, it'd just be redundant. In addition, it's probably not a great idea stacking two prospects on the 2nd line, and Kassian should afford the Sedins some much needed protection.

Booth-Schroeder-Burrows

This gives Schroeder two wingers who can score and skate, and Burrows can help pick up some defensive responsibilities for that line.

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

All three players have proven chemistry with one another. This is as solid of a third line as you can get with what we have.

Raymond-Malhotra-Weise

If Malhotra and Raymond can return to form, and Weise carries over some of his Dutch hockey flash, this could be a pretty potent 4th line that should hand bottom six forwards well enough.

I'm not going to even bother touching defense because that's all but given.

Bingo.

Cocoa Crisp

Mar 8, 2006
NYC
Kassian with the twins is a lot like Bertuzzi with the twins. It didn't work then. It probably won't work well this time either.

Characteristics of an ideal third Sedin:
1) fast skater
2) effective forechecker
3) has a knack for floating into dead areas
4) soft hands to finish in tight

A right handed Parise is in my mind the perfect Sedin linemate. Someone with a motor who does the things that the twins don't do and is smart enough to facilitate when needed.

Kassian is a playmaking powerforward with hands. I suspect he and a puck protecting triggerman like Jensen will do some damage when they hit their prime.

StringerBell

Kassian with the twins is a lot like Bertuzzi with the twins. It didn't work then. It probably won't work well this time either.

Characteristics of an ideal third Sedin:
1) fast skater
2) effective forechecker
3) has a knack for floating into dead areas
4) soft hands to finish in tight

A right handed Parise is in my mind the perfect Sedin linemate. Someone with a motor who does the things that the twins don't do and is smart enough to facilitate when needed.

Kassian is a playmaking powerforward with hands. I suspect he and a puck protecting triggerman like Jensen will do some damage when they hit their prime.

I don't think Kassian works well with the Sedins either. Jensen would be very interesting though.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Optimistic me:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Schroeder-Kassian
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Raymond-Malhotra-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Ballard-Tanev

Luongo
Schneider

Pessimistic me:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Higgins-Raymond
ridiculous vet signing-Lapierre-Hansen
Weise-Malhotra-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Alberts-Tanev

Schneider
Lack

Crows*

In the shortened season you should go with what you know works. Sedins and burrows. On the other hand I want Kassian to get a look with the twins. He can take some physical abuse for the twins.

Also Puting burrows with Schroeder may be a decent idea. He can be the defensive guy.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
It's really too hard to say what the lineup will look like because we don't know what, if any the return for Luongo will be.

I suspect Gillis will get a player who can play 2nd line Center (and Wing) in the package for Luongo.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Hank Dank Burr
Booth Lapierre Higgins
Jensen Schroeder Kassian (our line of the future)
Raymond Maholtra Hansen

Yes i know this is unfair to Hansen ... i could see him on the 2nd line as well.

I just really want to see Schroeder with Kassian and Jensen .....

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Hank Dank Burr
Booth Lapierre Higgins
Jensen Schroeder Kassian (our line of the future)
Raymond Maholtra Hansen

Yes i know this is unfair to Hansen ... i could see him on the 2nd line as well.

I just really want to see Schroeder with Kassian and Jensen .....

I don't think Jensen is available until the end of the SEL season though.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Actually was going to ask that .... when does Jensen fulfill his SEL commitments ... i know he won't likely be here for opening day, but I thought I heard somewhere that he could be back by the end of Jan. It makes decent sense for him to play in the SEL rather than the AHL, so the only question is does he make the Canucks if he comes back. And how does his salary compare SEL to AHL?

Crows*

Actually was going to ask that .... when does Jensen fulfill his SEL commitments ... i know he won't likely be here for opening day, but I thought I heard somewhere that he could be back by the end of Jan. It makes decent sense for him to play in the SEL rather than the AHL, so the only question is does he make the Canucks if he comes back. And how does his salary compare SEL to AHL?

I'm pretty sure he can't come to van or Chicago until march.

KidCanuck*

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Higgins-Hansen
Raymond-Lapierre-Pinnizotto
Weise-Malhotra-Kassian

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Garrison
Ballard-Tanev

Schneider
Luongo

Ex. Volpatti
Ex. Ebbett