GDT: GAME ONE...of the 2nd half: Big Apple vs. Big Mess

Who will be the Goat of the Game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
While I agree there’s an investment in Grubauer and should get the chance to show he can be a starter, there’s a whole other half of the season to do that. Right now we are in a major slide so there’s no harm putting frank in for one game to see if he can do something to help.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Is the show gory, bloody, and gross?
Or just creepy scary?

(talking about Hill House, not the Avs games...)

Not really bloody/gory at all. Definite creep/jump-scare factor, and we looked online and realized we missed a whole ton of super-subtle things they threw into scenes that you'd totally miss unless you knew to look for them.

But episode five wasn't so much scary as it was absolutely soul-crushing. The "Monsters" in this particular story are a whole new level of evil and cruel.

kl35ha

Oct 19, 2017
Year after year, if the trend continue this team is going to break out of the slump soon and go on a decent 7-8 games win streak. Gub is starting this game so I think we're going lose! Here hoping Frank get the next start so we can start that winning streak. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Murzu

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

One might say they're not starting the game on time.........

267x267_Screen%20shot%202015-03-05%20at%209.01.20%20AM.png

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Really tough for a kid like this to have to answer some of these questions. I enjoyed his interview though.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It's not like they don't come out TRYING hard. The first period against LA wasn't even that bad. They just get frustrated by getting trapped in the neutral zone, can't finish the several chances they do manage to generate in spite of this, and run out of steam in the 2nd. They spend the second period hemmed in, then the character guys in the room give an inspiring second intermission speech, and they come back in the third ready to play again.

It's a pattern we see time and time again in the losing streak, and I still think Bednar holds the blame. This is the same roster, minus Z, that was winning games early in the year. The roster isn't the problem, it's Bednar getting out coached night in and night out and not having the ability to adjust his schemes to face the new reality that everybody knows how to slow him down now. Even bottom feeder teams can sit back at the blueline and force them to dump and chase. He needs to shake things up. Tell them to dump it on net instead of around the boards and force a faceoff instead of a clear, SOMETHING new to make teams rethink the clog.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
It's not like they don't come out TRYING hard. The first period against LA wasn't even that bad. They just get frustrated by getting trapped in the neutral zone, can't finish the several chances they do manage to generate in spite of this, and run out of steam in the 2nd. They spend the second period hemmed in, then the character guys in the room give an inspiring second intermission speech, and they come back in the third ready to play again.

It's a pattern we see time and time again in the losing streak, and I still think Bednar holds the blame. This is the same roster, minus Z, that was winning games early in the year. The roster isn't the problem, it's Bednar getting out coached night in and night out and not having the ability to adjust his schemes to face the new reality that everybody knows how to slow him down now. Even bottom feeder teams can sit back at the blueline and force them to dump and chase. He needs to shake things up. Tell them to dump it on net instead of around the boards and force a faceoff instead of a clear, SOMETHING new to make teams rethink the clog.

Was just thinking about that. Bednar has made no adjustments to his system and it shows

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
It's about f***ing time that FTC57 was scratched! Well deserved, he's been atrocious. (FTC = Failure To Clear)

Last edited:
Reactions: CobraAcesS

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Ghetto - Dries - LOC

I know I’m probably in the minority, but I get a kick out of our Mr. Potatohead 4th lines each night. I hope they do a “LEFTOVERS!!!” victory cry before each shift.

Also...

*glares at Grubauer*

...you’re going to f*** me, aren’t you?

4-2 Rangers.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
hopefully bourque sitting can him back to being good on the pk. it used to be a strong point for the avs. also that 4th line looks terrible.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
"Playing losing hockey is really deflating." How about making a team wide effort to stop taking dumb ass penalties, and also stop with the terrible turnovers.

It's nice that you want to play an uptempo style of hockey, but being responsible in your own zone is a fundamental step to getting to the next level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad