GDT: GAME ONE...of the 2nd half: Big Apple vs. Big Mess

Who will be the Goat of the Game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
After the Evander Kane goal I came upstairs and the wife and I continued to binge "The Haunting of Hill House."
lol I got 26 minutes into the first episode and was like
images

Reactions: Pokecheque

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I feel dumb for thinking that lineup could snag 2nd in the central. Now that the goggles are off it looks like complete crap.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Frank has earned a start at some point, but the Avs really have to see what they have in Grubauer. It may not be good for results right now, but knowing the answer to his abilities is pretty important for the next 2.5 seasons. He needs to be given (another) opportunity to bounce back.

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
Not sure if they Avs will finally figure it out and blow these guys out of the water or lose 8-6 after being down 7-1 but, at least i have enough whiskey for either outcome.

Reactions: avsfan09

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Frank has earned a start at some point, but the Avs really have to see what they have in Grubauer. It may not be good for results right now, but knowing the answer to his abilities is pretty important for the next 2.5 seasons. He needs to be given (another) opportunity to bounce back.

Yeah, but they need to stop this slide. We do also need to find out what we have in Frank too.

Reactions: AvsWraith

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah, but they need to stop this slide. We do also need to find out what we have in Frank too.

Starting a rookie goalie is not usually a good way to stop a slide. They should find out what they have in Frank, but they have over $9m reasons to put Gru as the priority.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Am I a bad person for hoping Varly won't be ready for next week's b2b so Francouz will get a start? Who am I kidding? Bednar will just start Grubauer both games.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

I understand the reasoning and for the most part agree with it. My only issue with it right now is that Grubauer himself isn't who concerns me, it's the way the team is playing in front of him. They clearly lack confidence in him, as evidenced by how much frickin' harder they played in front of Frankie both against the Coyotes and Sharks.

I suppose this is Bednar's way of saying "Figure it out, guys." Probably not the dumbest thing to do, even though it still might cost them games.

It should also be said that starting Frankie could have completely blown up in their faces as well.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Far less important at the moment. Grubs needs to be given all the opportunities to win and take the reins, we've invested too much on him.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Far less important at the moment. Grubs needs to be given all the opportunities to win and take the reins, we've invested too much on him.

Well I guess I feel like hes not going anywhere, soo... lol

I get it, but I'd like them to stop losing.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
What the hell does Francouz need to do to get a start? We're playing the rangers, and I know we've lost to bad teams lately, but it's not exactly a very important game. Give the guy a shot.

Both times he's been put in, the team was pretty much already out of the game, and both times he gave us a shot at a comeback. I don't understand Bednar on this one.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

Grubauer will be around next year regardless.
Francouz, on the other hand, could be gone before we get to adequately evaluate him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad