GDT: GAME ONE of 2019: Slumps vs. Sharks

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Well, at least they made a game of it at the end. Should never have gotten to that point, but hopefully they can build off of that comeback.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I don’t blame Bednar too much. He has zero roster options. That falls squarely on Sakic, as well as the scouting team.
This is the same roster he was winning with earlier in the season. He continues to use Bourque in key PK situations, Sakic isn't forcing him to do that. At this point, it has to be on him for not making adjustments. Trotz wrote the book on him, and now it's up to him to counter this neutral zone clog that's been killing them.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Maybe the other teams are letting up after getting leads?
That may be the case, but things seem to click for the Avs when they are down and want to make a come back. It's been like this pretty much through this entire losing skid

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I see grocery shopping was more entertaining than this game. First time I voluntarily did something else besides watch this team this season.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Well I guess at least they made a game of it. So sick of them looking like crap until they’re down 3 -4 goals

It's easier to play when you are down that much, other teams than us also do the thing where they try to defend the lead instead of pressing on.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Yeah but the Avs also played desperately. Just saying they should perhaps play desperately from the get go, specifically when they're trying to get out of a losing streak
They actually played well 5on5 in the first. But as so many times before they followed it up with an awful second. That's how they roll pretty much the past month.

Reactions: the_fan

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
2-7-3 in their last 12 games played. Ridiculous slide.
At least they're still in a playoff spot, just need to find their game. I know it's early but I'd rather be in WC1 than Central 3. Take Calgary over Winnipeg/Nashville any day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->