TV: Game of Thrones | Season 8 (Final) | Part XII -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I'm inconsistently not including Bran as a "main character" in this, but yeah he obviously survives. Arya most likely does - there might be *some* comeuppance but I'd say a more likely end for her is some sort of behind the scenes presence. I *don't* think she gets the happy ending of putting down the knives/subterfuge and living happily ever with Gendry, but it's a possibility all the same.

Maybe Arya becomes Lord Commander of the King's Guard if Bran ends up as king.......

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I don't see anything revolutionary happening politically. A few possibilities:

* Dany attains the throne after a bloodbath and struggles to consolidate power
* Dany dies before she can attain power and Jon refuses to take the spot leaving a power vacuum
* A 3rd party emerges as a candidate and is enthroned with a new council
* The Iron Throne as we know it is toppled and the realm reverts to regional rule
I think the main inspiration behind this is the War of the Roses, so your third option is *kind of* what happens with the Tudors. I think it would be disappointing, just because you invest all of this time into getting attached to characters, and to then end up with a no-name becoming King/Queen is a bit of a blue balls ending (I guess unless it's Gendry, but still).

I think - and this is pure wishcasting - the end of the Iron Throne makes the most sense. The Seven Kingdoms is pretty huge. Centralized rule doesn't make a ton of sense absent dragons, and if the ruler doesn't have dragons, I don't think the Kingdom can stand. That's what was happening with the Barthenon rule anyway - it's too unwieldy to administer.

Edit: Also - Song of Ice and Fire. Throne was united with fire (Targaryen conquest). It is broken by ice (White Walkers topple central rule). Meh, whatever. Like I said wishcasting.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
To go the other way, who would oppose her? All the great houses and their armies are decimated. Sure, I guess someone could buy some more mercenaries, but so could Dany, like the Iron Bank wouldn't give $$$$ to her? Especially if it kept her from returning to Essos.

That's a fair point. There's not really many strong personalities left to oppose here. They've all been killed! LOL. What that could allow for even if Dany isn't the one who ends up on the throne is a reboot.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm inconsistently not including Bran as a "main character" in this, but yeah he obviously survives. Arya most likely does - there might be *some* comeuppance but I'd say a more likely end for her is some sort of behind the scenes presence. I *don't* think she gets the happy ending of putting down the knives/subterfuge and living happily ever with Gendry, but it's a possibility all the same.
I saw her rejection of Gendry not as a rejection of him, but of what he wanted them to be. She isn't interested in being the lady of a castle, but if Gendry sets that aside I can see them ending up together.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I think the main inspiration behind this is the War of the Roses, so your third option is *kind of* what happens with the Tudors. I think it would be disappointing, just because you invest all of this time into getting attached to characters, and to then end up with a no-name becoming King/Queen is a bit of a blue balls ending (I guess unless it's Gendry, but still).

I think - and this is pure wishcasting - the end of the Iron Throne makes the most sense. The Seven Kingdoms is pretty huge. Centralized rule doesn't make a ton of sense absent dragons, and if the ruler doesn't have dragons, I don't think the Kingdom can stand. That's what was happening with the Barthenon rule anyway - it's too unwieldy to administer.

Gendry is interesting. If he is in fact legitimized he's the true heir! LOL.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I saw her rejection of Gendry not as a rejection of him, but of what he wanted them to be. She isn't interested in being the lady of a castle, but if Gendry sets that aside I can see them ending up together.

Yeah, she doesn't want to fulfill the typical female role in Westeros (wife, mother, lady). Never has, never will. Maybe they can open up a smithy where he builds and she demos.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I feel I'm in the minority since everyone online seems to care so much about it, but I could not give a single care about the Scorpion's trajectory or accuracy against dragons mid-flight. I just don't. Just like the "bad strategy" in the battle of Winterfell. I'm not a war tactician. This isn't history. The Scorpion is a made-up ballista style weapon designed to kill dragons. I just... don't care.
Same here, but I don't like how they just killed the dragon out of the blue. Just gimme a second of build up.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I do agree with this. Rhaegal could have died in battle after the dragon duel and subsequent crash. But I think they wanted to show how powerful and effective the Scorpion is.
But at that point Jon was still in the North. Now he has lost the connection to both the North and the South in one episode. The animals have always been a symbol with the Starks.

Brodie

the dream of the 90s is alive in Detroit
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
people in this thread have read spoilers and are passing them off as speculation

not calling out anything specific, they know who they are

Reactions: Rabid Ranger

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
One thing I thought was a little silly is how Bronn knew exactly where Jaime and Tyrion were in Winterfell

Was he walking around with that crossbow asking people where they were?

Yeah if I'm looking for Tyrion I definitely wouldn't check a tavern

Lazy writing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->