TV: Game of Thrones | Season 7 | Part VI -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS #654

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
Whites control the the wights. That seems pretty simple...

My only question is how at White is controlling of the captured wight

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
How many days did they stay on that stupid rock?

Ice can take a few days to freeze (obviously not cold enough for them to freeze to death without a fire/shelter, but it's still winter and cold), so it could have been a couple days.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
And yet Jaime and Cersei traveled from Kings Landing to Winterfell in 1 episode without anyone complaining

Did they travel all that way while someone sat atround and drank a beer in another scene?

Gendry runs X miles back to the wall. Then a Raven flies, what, 1000 miles south to Dragonstone? Then Dany flies back on a dragon? In ONE night.

Come on. I love this show, but its getting really ridiculous.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I wont complain about teleportation.

Dragons and Ravens in GOT must have warp drives installed

Even my wife complained the timeline was bad tonight

Won't complain about teleportation,

proceeds to make a complaint about teleportation the very next line. :laugh:

Though I'll say this, I've defended time jumps since the arguments have arisen but I can't defend the speed of that raven. It's just impossible. Gendry I can maybe understand, maybe they didn't get that far. Dany I can understand how fast she got there cause dragons. I cannot fathom how a small bird flew over the country in one night. That's the one time I absolutely cannot excuse it. Other times you know, I can infer that time has passed when characters jump from one spot to the next. The timeline just doesn't make sense here. Oh well.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

Though I'll say this, I've defended time jumps since the arguments have arisen but I can't defend the speed of that raven. It's just impossible. Gendry I can maybe understand, maybe they didn't get that far. Dany I can understand how fast she got there cause dragons. I cannot fathom how a small bird flew over the country in one night. That's the one time I absolutely cannot excuse it. Other times you know, I can infer that time has passed when characters jump from one spot to the next. The timeline just doesn't make sense here. Oh well.

I specifically didnt complain about teleportation, as warp drive is not teleportation.

;)

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Did they travel all that way while someone sat atround and drank a beer in another scene?

Gendry runs X miles back to the wall. Then a Raven flies, what, 1000 miles south to Dragonstone? Then Dany flies back on a dragon? In ONE night.

You don't know it was one night. There was no further reference to the passage of time. Gendry definitely wasn't traveling for more than a couple hours at most though.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

They weren't that far from Eastwatch.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Who said it was 1 night? I guess we should have gone back to Winterfell to watch more teenage fighting between Arya and Sansa for 20 minutes.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

Was it only one night though?

Arturs Irbe

Not The Real Arturs
Jan 22, 2017
I'll assume the chains were made of ice somehow unless these dudes have foresight.
Anything is possible. Who really cares about the timeline, this is a fantasy show lmfao.
This episode was FANTASTIC.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Ice can take a few days to freeze (obviously not cold enough for them to freeze to death without a fire/shelter, but it's still winter and cold), so it could have been a couple days.

No.

When i go ice fishing holes I drill in the morning are often frozen by the afternoon. And that isnt at particularly cold.

The implication I got from the show is that they spent one night (waking up, finding Thoros frozen).

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'll assume the chains were made of ice somehow unless these dudes have foresight.
Anything is possible. Who really cares about the timeline, this is a fantasy show lmfao.
This episode was FANTASTIC.

Does the Night King have the greensight like Bran? Definitely possible that their entire plan was to capture a dragon.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Terrible episode. I enjoyed the first 20 minutes and the 30 seconds where the Night King killed the dragon. Everything else was junk.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
You don't know it was one night. There was no further reference to the passage of time. Gendry definitely wasn't traveling for more than a couple hours at most though.

They would be dead if it was more than one night. Granted Jon should be dead with the time he spent underwater but still.

At this point I can't care about the time issue anymore but this episode can't really hide behind the usual excuses. There was one setup for almost the entirety of it.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012

The only gripe about that is why the wights needed to the rock (the hound threw) to see that the lake was frozen. Wouldnt the Night King and other walkers know if the lake is frozen or not?

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I wont complain about teleportation.

Dragons and Ravens in GOT must have warp drives installed

Even my wife complained the timeline was bad tonight

Agreed

This was really the first time that I've actually pondered the distance between Eastwatch and Dragonstone, plus the flying speed of ravens and dragons

Gendry's ability to run at altitude for hours straight seems a little too convenient as well

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I specifically didnt complain about teleportation, as warp drive is not teleportation.

;)

Fair enough :laugh:

In any case, this is the first time I'll say a "big" GoT episode left me somewhat disappointed. There were definitely some writing fails. But it was fun. The spectacle of it all was very impressive. I'm willing to give this one a pass if the rest can finish strong (who am I kidding, even when it's dumb this show is still a ton of fun)

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Does the Night King have the greensight like Bran? Definitely possible that their entire plan was to capture a dragon.

I assume he does because already entered into one of his visions (when he touched him) and he saw Bran's ravens spying on him.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Was it only one night though?

So the alternative is that they're standing there in extreme cold, without fire or food, for how long?

I got one night. Gendry arrives at Eastwatch in the evening (its noticeably darker) and then it shows them waking up.

Even if it was two nights, its still not long enough for a Raven to make that flight and Dany back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad