TV: Game of Thrones | Season 7 | Part VI -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS #654

Status
Not open for further replies.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
The fact that everyone on the show seems to believe that showing Cersei a wight would make her stop doing Cersei things is baffling to me.

What i'm thinking is that she accepted have the summit because she has something else in mind. LIke get all your enemies in one place and then try to kill them all at once. This is Cersei after all.
I almost expect her to try to pull a Sept Of Baelor Part 2 except that this time it won't go her way. Maybe Jamie kills her to prevent it or or something like that. But i have an hard time believing Cersei doesn't have some sinister plan in mind. Havig Jon , Dany , Tyrion etc all in one place is a golden opportunity for her much like having the Tyrells , HIgh Sparrow etc all in the Sept when she blew it last season.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
What i'm thinking is that she accepted have the summit because she has something else in mind. LIke get all your enemies in one place and then try to kill them all at once. This is Cersei after all.
I almost expect her to try to pull a Sept Of Baelor Part 2 except that this time it won't go her way. Maybe Jamie kills her to prevent it or or something like that. But i have an hard time believing Cersei doesn't have some sinister plan in mind. Havig Jon , Dany , Tyrion etc all in one place is a golden opportunity for her much like having the Tyrells , HIgh Sparrow etc all in the Sept when she blew it last season.

I dunno. There's no way Danaerys doesn't come to that meeting with at least Drogon or all the dragons as a show of force. If Cersei tries anything she'll get torched and so will the few allies she has left. I assume Euron will be at this meeting also so his fleet will be ripe for torching as well.

I'm thinking it's more likely she promises to help but then reneges on it later. Why help Jon and Dany? Let the WW wipe them out then she'll have fewer foes to fight.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I dunno. There's no way Danaerys doesn't come to that meeting with at least Drogon or all the dragons as a show of force. If Cersei tries anything she'll get torched and so will the few allies she has left. I assume Euron will be at this meeting also so his fleet will be ripe for torching as well.

I'm thinking it's more likely she promises to help but then reneges on it later. Why help Jon and Dany? Let the WW wipe them out then she'll have fewer foes to fight.

I guess she could always stealth set up ballistas around KL and try to kill the dragons. A very dangerous gamble but....

I don't know but after the Sept of Baelor i just wouldn't trust Cersei in any scenario

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
im more surprised they didn't think about kidnapping cersei and taking her to see a wight vs. bringing a wight to KL. either way is dumb but i mean..I would think Cersei is the "mohammed" in the Mohammed and the Mountain analogy here. why bring the mountain that is the wight?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
im more surprised they didn't think about kidnapping cersei and taking her to see a wight vs. bringing a wight to KL. either way is dumb but i mean..I would think Cersei is the "mohammed" in the Mohammed and the Mountain analogy here. why bring the mountain that is the wight?

How do you kidnap Cersei when she has a Mountain guarding the Red Keep, not to mention the rest of the Kingsguard and the Gold Cloaks?

I think it's a good plan, Cersei will **** her pants if she sees a wight.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I think Cersei is too far gone to give a **** about anything but being ruler.
I agree the meeting will just be the bait she needs to try to finish them all off.

She's consumed by hate, power and revenge.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I think Cersei is too far gone to give a **** about anything but being ruler.
I agree the meeting will just be the bait she needs to try to finish them all off.

She's consumed by hate, power and revenge.

I'm willing to bet that she'll be scared ****less by the wight, as every other character was when they first saw one. She might not want to help Daenerys and Jon though. It could be the perfect opportunity to wait for Dany to be weakened by the army of the dead.

Also, Cersei dying in childbirth would be poetic justice for what she did to Tyrion.

Arturs Irbe

Not The Real Arturs
Jan 22, 2017
This show has my favourite foreshadowing. It's usually so subtle but then I re-watch old episodes and it's so clear.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I didn't read the last thread, but what main characters does everyone think will die by the end of the season? Two episodes is a lot of time, but I don't really see how they'll be able to fit a Cersei death in.

For me, I still think Arya will kill Littlefinger, and a couple from Jon's North of the Wall search party will bite it as well. For those, I'm guessing one of the Brotherhood guys, and Jorah. The goodbye between him and Danaerys seemed to set the stage for that, IMO.

Transplanted Caper

2x ATD Co-Champion
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
I highly doubt Cersei, if pregnant, will last long enough to deliver the baby. Would go against the prophecy.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
I'm willing to bet that she'll be scared ****less by the wight, as every other character was when they first saw one. She might not want to help Daenerys and Jon though. It could be the perfect opportunity to wait for Dany to be weakened by the army of the dead.

Also, Cersei dying in childbirth would be poetic justice for what she did to Tyrion.

I agree. I can't remember if it was the books or the shows but isn't it mentioned a couple times where Cersei is terrified of the White Walkers, the stories from her childhood, etc? She has openly mocked them each time they're mentioned but I think deep down she doesn't want to believe they're real.

But I agree with your guess that Cersei being Cersei, she'll be perfectly happy to say f* off to the alliance and let the Walkers and Dany/Northerners fight it out before she has to deal with them.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I didn't read the last thread, but what main characters does everyone think will die by the end of the season? Two episodes is a lot of time, but I don't really see how they'll be able to fit a Cersei death in.

For me, I still think Arya will kill Littlefinger, and a couple from Jon's North of the Wall search party will bite it as well. For those, I'm guessing one of the Brotherhood guys, and Jorah. The goodbye between him and Danaerys seemed to set the stage for that, IMO.

Consider yourself lucky for not reading that ****show of a thread.

To answer your question, I have to recuse myself from the Magnificent 7 as I read a spoiler accidentally on them. I don't know if it's accurate or not but don't want it to cloud my opinion.

I don't think LF makes it out of this season. It's my suspicion and not from any prior knowledge. I just think they wrote him into a corner this season and this little bit to write him out, is too little too late for Littlefinger. Arya is going to wear his face and mess with Sansa.

Also to clarify, Tyrion's not too smart of a plan wasn't to kidnap a ****ing White Walker, they're going to steal themselves a Wight. I saw several people say how stupid the plan was to kidnap a WW, yes that plan is almost as ****ing stupid as actually thinking that was the plan.

Transplanted Caper

2x ATD Co-Champion
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
They already screwed up the prophecy when they had Cersei tell Catelyn in season 1, episode 2 that she had a child that died in infancy.

That's more a plot hole, really (or by children they mean survived past infancy). They didn't show the prophecy until S5. If she had another child at this point it would be a ridiculous decision that ran contrary to the narrative.

Last edited:

Arturs Irbe

Not The Real Arturs
Jan 22, 2017
Also when Jon and Jorah left Dragonstone, Missandei wan't there. Tyrion, and Dothraki were.

I get that she might be busy but that's interesting. Isn't she usually at Danny's side?

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram

- Berric
- Thoros
- Gendry
- Tormund
- LIttlefinger

The first four i expect to die next week. LF in the season finale. Cersei , Jamie , Varys , Mellisandre and Euron will die next season. Don't see Jorah or The Hound dying next week. Jorah because he just came back from the whole greyscale thing and I think The Hound will take over the Brotherhood and become a Lord Of Light follower after Berric and Thoros are gone.

But this is GOT so i'm probably completely far off. Wouldn't be the first time time

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
My criticism/observations:

I love the how for what it is. However, I honestly think that this season should have been 10 episodes. This stuff is way way too rushed. With a little more dialogue and story this season would have had no problem getting to 10 episodes. It would have been much better story wise. imo

For 2 at times wooden actors, Jon and Dany do have plenty of chemistry when they're on screen together. I am really enjoying their scenes.

They also could have had more scenes with the Hound and the Brotherhood.

I loved the fact various Magnificent 7 had personal beefs with one another. It made their joining together all the more meaningful.

I would like to know what Bran put in his ravens scroll to the Citadel and Jon. He put enough detail in it where the right people either believed him or understood some of his powers.

**** Cersei, I am kind of sick of Kings Landing and I hope Dany melts that city into the sea. Kill that crazy *****.

The North is all sorts of rushed and it makes it feel like once Jon left for Dragonstone, D&D said, "Crap we forgot about Winterfell, how can we get them in the episode?".

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
That's more a plot hole, really (or by children they mean survived past infancy). They didn't show the prophecy until S5. If she had another child at this point it would be a ridiculous decision that ran contrary to the narrative.

Which is why i think she will either die before giving birth or will die in childbirth.

I still fully expect Jamie to be the one to kill her if the prophecy is true. Tyrion is too predictable. I think we are going to see more and more cracks appearing in the Cersei - Jamie relationship. That or he will have to kill her to prevent her from doing something stupid.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Beric is a goner. Love the character (awesome voice to listen to) but the main thing he's done on the show is die six (or is it seven) times and get brought back to life. If I remember correctly he said that each time he comes back not all of him makes it and the next time he dies would be the last? No better time than now.

I think Thoros could serve some purpose to the plot if they need a Red Priest around- perhaps to explain Jon's resurrection to Dany? Gendry and Tormund have to survive to deal with unfinished business with Arya and Brienne. If someone else dies next week my vote would be for Jorah. I don't know that he has much of a role to play from here on out and a noble death in service of his queen would be a good way to go.

I don't think they'll kill off more than two of the Mag7 but then who knows? (other than Bran)

Last edited:

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
The 7 should have brought Mel with them beyond the wall.

2 healers and 6 tanks. Perfect for MMORPG style raid

:sarcasm:

Transplanted Caper

2x ATD Co-Champion
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
My criticism/observations:

I love the how for what it is. However, I honestly think that this season should have been 10 episodes. This stuff is way way too rushed. With a little more dialogue and story this season would have had no problem getting to 10 episodes. It would have been much better story wise. imo

For 2 at times wooden actors, Jon and Dany do have plenty of chemistry when they're on screen together. I am really enjoying their scenes.

They also could have had more scenes with the Hound and the Brotherhood.

I loved the fact various Magnificent 7 had personal beefs with one another. It made their joining together all the more meaningful.

I would like to know what Bran put in his ravens scroll to the Citadel and Jon. He put enough detail in it where the right people either believed him or understood some of his powers.

**** Cersei, I am kind of sick of Kings Landing and I hope Dany melts that city into the sea. Kill that crazy *****.

The North is all sorts of rushed and it makes it feel like once Jon left for Dragonstone, D&D said, "Crap we forgot about Winterfell, how can we get them in the episode?".

I think I mentioned in the previous thread that for as much as I still really enjoy this show, and my willingness to defend the plot pace and the jetpacking, that you can really tell how the lack of fully fleshed out source material is impacting the writing. While I think the truncated seasons are more a result of B&W wanting to move on and do something different, it's also a result of really not having the talent (and I honestly don't mean that as an attack, but just recognizing the reality of the complexity of GRRM's work) to fill in the gaps of how storylines are getting from the beginning to their conclusion.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
What the **** is bran doing in winterfell? Surely he can see what littlefinger is doing and what he has done. Why let him scheme and ruin **** in winterfell? Bran won't last long as 3 eye raven if littlefinger betrays the starks in winterfell.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Thoros, Beric and Jorah are my most likely candidates to die next week. LF is next up on the chopping block, but I think they'll reserve his death for the season finale. He can't be safe around Arya and Bran. They'll bust him and they'll chop his head off for plotting against the Starks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->