TV: Game of Thrones | Season 8 (Final) | Part IX -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
These episodes age well,I didn't notice or care about time jumps etc on rewatching the newest season.
I was never bothered by the time jumping to begin with. There is way more of it in season 7 than previously, but the show has always had time jumping. It's just less noticeable when only one or two characters are jumping around than all of them. The only jump that I thought pushed believably was the sitting on the ice part.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I was never bothered by the time jumping to begin with. There is way more of it in season 7 than previously, but the show has always had time jumping. It's just less noticeable when only one or two characters are jumping around than all of them. The only jump that I thought pushed believably was the sitting on the ice part.
Random mention.
I dont know the distance from North of the wall to Dragonstone but I clocked a raven doing 50mph on my motorcycle.It was right above me in a nice straight line with no noticable wind.I mention because somewhere in this thread or another about that time jump someone did the math.
Not because of your post but you reminded me to post this info.I confirm a Raven can fly at least 50mph. This was also 9k feet in elevation in thin air.:laugh:
I have clocked different birds I think because I can see better on a bike then in a car.50mph is ptetty quick for a bird,most seem around 35-40mph:laugh:

Reactions: tacogeoff

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Random mention.
I dont know the distance from North of the wall to Dragonstone but I clocked a raven doing 50mph on my motorcycle.It was right above me in a nice straight line with no noticable wind.I mention because somewhere in this thread or another about that time jump someone did the math.
Not because of your post but you reminded me to post this info.I confirm a Raven can fly at least 50mph. This was also 9k feet in elevation in thin air.:laugh:
I have clocked different birds I think because I can see better on a bike then in a car.50mph is ptetty quick for a bird,most seem around 35-40mph:laugh:
I definitely posted math from reddit for that and some of my own for some other scenes as well. The ice scene is pushing it, the rest of the scenes were fine.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
This show is way too rushed now. They could've easily made another 3-4 seasons instead of cramming it all into these last two shortened seasons. The fact that everything is hitting the fan after so many episodes/seasons and somehow everything gets resolved in 6 episodes kind of seems like a slap in the face...well unless the white walkers kill everyone. :laugh:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
On last week's episode of Running Wild with Bear Grylls, Lena Headey was featured. Bear asked her what her favorite or most sadistic (I don't remember exactly which adjective he used) death that she'd ordered on GoT was and she said, with a wry smile, that it may be to come. She mentioned that they'd begun filming Season 8, so she may've already had an idea of some of the things that Cersei would be doing. Anyways, it gave me the impression that Cersei is going to be even more evil than she's already been, if that's possible.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
On last week's episode of Running Wild with Bear Grylls, Lena Headey was featured. Bear asked her what her favorite or most sadistic (I don't remember exactly which adjective he used) death that she'd ordered on GoT was and she said, with a wry smile, that it may be to come. She mentioned that they'd begun filming Season 8, so she may've already had an idea of some of the things that Cersei would be doing. Anyways, it gave me the impression that Cersei is going to be even more evil than she's already been, if that's possible.

For most of the series, Cersei really shouldn't be considered "evil"

Unlikable? Sure

But most of what she's done could be considered justified on some level

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009

Sounds more like marketing

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
For most of the series, Cersei really shouldn't be considered "evil"

Unlikable? Sure

But most of what she's done could be considered justified on some level

Wow... a Cersei apologist ;). Just kidding. I think that using The Mountain to torture the lady who merely mistreated her in prison counts as "evil." Also, I'm not sure that blowing up the sept and killing probably more innocent people than ever mistreated her was very justified. Maybe "evil" is a bit harsh, but I think that I'd put her closer to that than just "unlikable."

Sounds more like marketing

I see what you're suggesting, but she wasn't marketing anything by being on the show, the season is nearly a year away and it was a candid response to a question that she couldn't have known was coming. It's possible that she said it, anyways, just to be mysterious, but I'm not sure that she would if, for example, Cersei is to have a redemption in Season 8 and join with the good guys against the White Walkers. I take her answer as a possible clue that Cersei is going to continue doing Cersei things and being the #2 villain in the show, even if it jeopardizes the kingdom's chances against the #1 villain.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Wow... a Cersei apologist ;). Just kidding. I think that using The Mountain to torture the lady who merely mistreated her in prison counts as "evil." Also, I'm not sure that blowing up the sept and killing probably more innocent people than ever mistreated her was very justified. Maybe "evil" is a bit harsh, but I think that I'd put her closer to that than just "unlikable."
I think that is what he's saying though, she's evil now but wasn't at the start. I'd definitely say she has been evil for a few seasons now.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Killing Dinklage would be the ultimate "bad guy" move if she implied that.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
I know supposedly each episode will be 2 hours long in season 8 but still so much to cover.

Have to finish Cersei and the golden company...just feels so out of place.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Watched the Purple Wedding after the game last night. Loved it, and the same fate might be awaiting the Purple Knights from Vegas. Cersei is great in that episode and Jeoffrey puts on a worthy final display of arrogance against Tyrion.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009

I see what you're suggesting, but she wasn't marketing anything by being on the show, the season is nearly a year away and it was a candid response to a question that she couldn't have known was coming. It's possible that she said it, anyways, just to be mysterious, but I'm not sure that she would if, for example, Cersei is to have a redemption in Season 8 and join with the good guys against the White Walkers. I take her answer as a possible clue that Cersei is going to continue doing Cersei things and being the #2 villain in the show, even if it jeopardizes the kingdom's chances against the #1 villain.

It just reeks of "stay tuned to find out!"

Yes, reek

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
One thing I realized when re-watching the series is just how good an actor David Bradley(Walder Frey) is. Don't know why I never noticed it before, but he is absolutely spot on in every scene.

Reactions: Neutrinos

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I know HBO likes using the same actors ,while watching an ep of the wire,who do I see?

Effing Littlefinger.:laugh:

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Rewatching the series again it still hurts me to see that dragon killed by the Knight King. Fake or not, it hurts to see such a precious thing die. I thought the Knight King was badass until that and now I just want him dead.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I know HBO likes using the same actors ,while watching an ep of the wire,who do I see?

Effing Littlefinger.:laugh:

A while back I watched a History channel show about various rebellions against the Roman empire. First episode featured Meryn f***ing Trant as a Roman general, second episode had Barristan Selmy and the Blackfish playing rebel leaders.

And then the other day I was watching Aliens 3, and there's Tywin Lannister of all people. It always seems a little weird when you see these actors pop up in different roles. Like I was half expecting Tywin to somehow talk his way out of getting eaten by the alien.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
And then the other day I was watching Aliens 3, and there's Tywin Lannister of all people. It always seems a little weird when you see these actors pop up in different roles. Like I was half expecting Tywin to somehow talk his way out of getting eaten by the alien.

I remember seeing Tywin as a creepy old vampire in Dracula Untold. Seemed fitting.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Ciaran Hinds (Maynce) isn't really the leading man type of actor, but man he's been in a lot of stuff. And he's always good.

Btw, anyone else notice how it seems like there are quite a few Irish actors in GOT?

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Just finished rewatching season 7. The ending still bothers me. What was the point of the night's watch if the wall would have never come down without a dragon? I also can't stand that without Jon making a big deal about everything the army of the dead would just seemed to have wandered the areas north of the wall forever since no dragon would have ever come.

Maybe it'll be explained better in the last season, but it would have made so much more sense if the night king had some sort of power to knock down the wall on his own and was just amassing an army big enough to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad