TV: Game of Thrones | Season 8 (Final) | Part IX -TV talk ONLY -NO Books, Spoilers, NO LEAKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
You cant just have the WW's lose in episode 1. They feel like the final boss that we should see beaten in episode 6 in the series finale.

It will be interesting to see how S6 plans out with Dani/Cersi still on the table.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Something I feel not discussed (or I missed it) was Tyrion and his sad face when Aegon and Dany were performing the horizontal mambo behind a closed door on the ship.

What was that all about? Was Tyrion thinking he had a chance at Dany?

Jorah is going to be all kinds of pissed off at Aegon soon I think... Whenever we get more episodes.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
You cant just have the WW's lose in episode 1. They feel like the final boss that we should see beaten in episode 6 in the series finale.

It will be interesting to see how S6 plans out with Dani/Cersi still on the table.

I could see the NK being defeated in EP5 with EP6 being the fallout and closure of everything.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Yeah I don't know what was with Tyrion creeping outside Dany's room there. I don't know if he feels like he's being replaced, or if like Jorah maybe he does have feelings for her, or it's something else entirely. I wonder if it has something to do with whatever deal he made with Cersei?

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
I am more annoyed with people ******** on the speed that Ravens can fly messages and how fast Dany got there to help.

It's a ****ing show featuring dragons, undead, ice monsters and visions by looking into fire.

You people are just as bad as x-men fans complaining "they could not build robots like that in the 80's". It's a ****ing movie featuring telepathy, magnetic manipulation, magic mutant energy beams, instant healing, and furry blue protagonists and THAT is where you draw the suspend disbelief line?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I just think Tyrion is being careful. I think he was suspecting Dany falling for Jon over the last couple of episodes. He even kinda mentioned it in their heir discussion in episode 5 or 6.

The fact that they are falling for each other is important info for him. Dany has history of being emotional and compulsive. She left Daario behind for that reason I think. She used to listen to Tyrion's or Varys' or Missandei's or Selmy's or Jorah's advice in the past. She also acted on impulse more often lately (burning Randyll and Dickon instead of taking them hostage and later decide with her advisors on what to do with them / or attack the Lannisters on Drogon / or flying North to help out Jon - she acted on impulse and dismissed Tyrion's and the gang's advice).

Tyrion's fear is likely that she won't act rationally now that she's with Jon which will consequently lead to him losing power.

He also might be plotting something in the Lannisters' favor here. We don't know how his conversation with Cersei ended. As I said in the previous thread (I think) I could see some kind of endgame plan consisting of Cersei's child getting promised the crown or something. Now that a J+D child is possible this opens the doors for some kind of Stark*/Targaryen/Lannister super offspring power couple. I'm wildly speculating by now btw.

*(they don't know about Jon's real name yet.)

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
Tyrion actually likes Jon Snow so I don't think he minds them bumping uglies.

What I am more worried about is what he told Cercei in private but then again he did say that it was okay to lie during the right circumstances to get what you want. So maybe he promised to help her in secret and then will betray her.

Also Jorah seems to have given up on being the royal consort.

And all that talk about the son of Ned stark should promise to stay in the north could have given Jon Snow an out had he known that he wasn't the son of Ned stark since Cercei worded it like that.

And I totally belived that there would be blood when Bronn led Podd away to get drunk, seemed to be taken from a maffia movie just before a hit. And you saw how worried everyone got. - good suspence building!

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Perhaps Tyrion wanted and planned for Dany marrying his brother Jamie once Cerci was defeated. A political alliance that would mean a long lasting peace but also him saving his own family name.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Great episode!

Back to plotting and scheming like it should.

The only bad is the magic fire coming out of vyserion. Seems too easy. Is Tormund dead? Beric?

Also I woke up tbe neighbourhood scream CLEGANEBOWL and its wasnt even :laugh:

Cant wait to see Papa Brienne and Mama Hound group up with their rightful son, Arya

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I don't see any way there could be a secret alliance between Tyrion and Cersei. I know their conversation ended off-camera and left open various possibilities, but considering their entire relationship has been built on suspicion and hate, there's no way they'd become allies at such a critical time.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It really was a classic episode. If I had a dollar for every meaningful glance between characters...

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I don't see any way there could be a secret alliance between Tyrion and Cersei. I know their conversation ended off-camera and left open various possibilities, but considering their entire relationship has been built on suspicion and hate, there's no way they'd become allies at such a critical time.

She didn't kill him, there has to be some love in her for him.

She called Jaime out for not killing Tyrion when they met in a secret meeting, but when she had the opportunity to do it she did not.

I personally believe Tyrion and Cersei agreed on something that displeases him and that's why he looked uncomfortable.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
She didn't kill him, there has to be some love in her for him.

She called Jaime out for not killing Tyrion when they met in a secret meeting, but when she had the opportunity to do it she did not.

I personally believe Tyrion and Cersei agreed on something that displeases him and that's why he looked uncomfortable.

I think something was agreed upon between them, but I can't see any legitimate way they can be allies. They've hated each other from episode-1. We've watched seven seasons of Cersei literally screwing one brother while metaphorically screwing the other. Even pregnancy can't change her appetites that much.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I think something was agreed upon between them, but I can't see any legitimate way they can be allies. They've hated each other from episode-1. We've watched seven seasons of Cersei literally screwing one brother while metaphorically screwing the other. Even pregnancy can't change her appetites that much.

I agree with you, I don't think it's an alliance either. Just an agreement that helps the legacy of their house.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Something I feel not discussed (or I missed it) was Tyrion and his sad face when Aegon and Dany were performing the horizontal mambo behind a closed door on the ship.

What was that all about? Was Tyrion thinking he had a chance at Dany?

Jorah is going to be all kinds of pissed off at Aegon soon I think... Whenever we get more episodes.

They already foreshadowed Jorah the Explorah looking perturbed when Khalessi took Jon's advice to arrive by ship over his fly-in by dragon plan.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I think Tyrion views Jon "Aegon" Snow as a liability-which he is in a lot of ways. As King of the North he can be Ned Stark's proxy and get himself killed fighting with honor but when he's ingratiated himself to Dany he's more difficult to manage. I think in Tyrion's mind his job as Hand has gotten more difficult.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

I think it's worth noting that Tyrion had been pressuring Dany to name a successor since it's believed she's infertile

Now here comes Cersei with an apparent heir, maybe it stirred up some Lannister pride

It's possible that Tyrion made a pact with Cersei to back his future niece/nephew for the crown when the time comes

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I have heard a lot of people complain about Jon's real name being Aegon but why is it an issue?

Lyanna named him, after the other Aegon already died.

Apr 28, 2010
I still think Tyrion betrays Dany/Jon. Not going to be like a WWE-style heel turn but him finding out about Cersei's pregnancy changes everything. And the fact that Dany "cant" have children is also on his mind.

Tyrion always thinks about the future. 'Who will rule when they're gone' kind of thoughts.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Did anyone else notice how fascinated Qyburn was with the wight?

My money's on him figuring out how the Children of the Forest made the Night King, and then turning Cersei into the Night Queen

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
There's a featurette on youtube about Jon+Dany's scene. Peter Dinklage says that Tyrion is worried for the pair of them because of the problems them being together can cause for the effort.

I'm guessing he thinks their pairing could be a political disaster.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I've been wondering if Arya will attempt to hire Hagar for a job

The only thing that really comes to mind is hiring him to kill and become Euron and then lead the fleet north to help in the Great War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad