TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part VIII (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
tumblr_o8ddxagvvW1vu9229o1_500.png

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
That's the one thing the show has done brilliantly! :facepalm:

They literally 'map' it out for you in the beginning of every episode. They 'carry' you around all the different cities and provinces/continents. What else do you want?

They've shown nearly every major area on the map, in detail for many as well.

I already no the general layout of Westeros, and the map intro is good for newcomers to get a sense of location, but for the specifics I brought up I don't think it really points out the finer detail of the Neck/Twins/Vale/Riverrun/Kings road area. Or if it does it goes by pretty quick and locations don't necessarily show up in the same intro's.

Also back in Kingslanding, with Margery showing her Grandma she's still loyal to house Tyrell I'm curious if there's an angle she's playing there by no longer consummating her marriage. Is she going to deny the Faith and the Lannisters an heir for Tommen? And to what end?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Re:map, I always thought Iron Islands were further up north, like not far from Bear Island. Makes that Theon idea of taking over Winterfell even more idiotic.

The fact that they are a naval power and that Winterfell is an inland city is bad enough. :laugh:

He should have raided it and left if he was set on doing it.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
You'll probably have to clarify. There are a hundred Arya theories and none of them are particularly new. Even before the episode some were predicting the theory I think you're alluding to.

Last edited:

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
Re:map, I always thought Iron Islands were further up north, like not far from Bear Island. Makes that Theon idea of taking over Winterfell even more idiotic.

There was a reason Robb thought they would ally with him against the Lannisters. Lannisport is right next to them and probably the most valuable thing they could grab by sea power in the immediate vincity. Plus as independance movements they'd be each others only viable long-term allies. Robb didn't anticipate Euron being a strategic incompetent motivated by a gruge against Ned Stark.

Instead in a pique of stupidity they decided to attack the North's western shore, which was an easy target but got them pretty much no where in terms of the Iron Born's long term goals.

Last edited by a moderator:

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
There was a reason Robb thought they would ally with him against the Lannisters. Lannisport is right next to them and probably the most valuable thing they could grab by sea power in the immediate vincity. Plus as independance movements they'd be each others only viable long-term allies. Robb didn't anticipate Euron being a strategic incompetent motivated by a gruge against Ned Stark.

Instead in a pique of stupidity they decided to attack the North's western shore, which was an easy target but got them pretty much no where in terms of the Iron Born's long term goals.

Balon. Euron is not incompetent just bat **** crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
You'll probably have to clarify. There are a hundred Arya theories and none of them are particularly new. Even before the episode some were predicting the theory I think you're alluding to.

I think someone has made a theory of every person who has ever been in Braavos at some point helping her.

Just need an iron bank theory and a Stannis theory to round it out.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Round 7: A Winner Has No Name...Again

Game Of Thrones: Season 6: Death Prediction List

How To Play/Rules/Notices:

- Post who you think will die next. I will update the list at least once a day, as the season goes on. I will update every page or two and post the updated list, every couple of pages.

- One pick per poster.

- No takesies-backsies. Once you've chosen, you're locked in till the next episode airs.

- Flashback Deaths - Your pick has to be someone who is currently alive. Now that flashbacks are more common in the show, they may also contain scenes of people dying, who are already dead. You can't pick a current dead person to die, even if we're shown that previous death scene.

- BOOK READERS - As always, we kindly request that if you know who is going to die next, please refrain from participating. The show has caught up to and surpassed the books in some storylines....so at the end of the day, use your best judgement. If you honestly don't know and are 'guessing', then you're most welcome to do so.

- And please feel free to give your character choice a 'nickname' [Ex. Meryn 'Pedo' Trant, Podrick 'Tri-Pod' Payne]. If you don't feel like it adding a nickname, i'll do it for you.

- The first poster(s) whose character choice dies, wins.(The character doesn't have to be the first person to die in the episode)

- Cut-Off Time to get to your pick in are Sundays, 4pm EST/7pm PST

Round 8

DuckJet - Lancel 'Chastity Belt' Lannister
Dont Poke Subban - Maester 'Dr. Frankenstein' Qyburn
firewagonHOCKEY - Daario 'Eric Bana' Naharis
Speedgoat 50 - The 'Stupid Jealous' Waif
Amazing Kreiderman - Lancel 'Your Mom Was A Dumb ***** With A Fat Ass' Lannister
irunthepeg - The 'I'll Never Be Someone's Waifu' Waif
Bubba Thudd - The 'Poke 'Er Face' Waif
JDinkalage Morgoone - Lancel 'Bass' Lannister
Miamipuck - Lancel 'You Gotta Keep The Faith' Lannister
The Waffler - Sandor 'The Poodle' Clegane
Eazy for Kuzy - Lancel 'Please kill me should anything happen to Lord Tyrion' Lannister
kmad - The 'Many Faced' Waif
USC Trojans - Thoros 'Brewmaster' of Myr
Modo - Ser Bronn 'There's No Cure For Being A ****' of The Blackwater
Oxymoron - Grand Maester 'No Lab for Old Men' Pycelle
A Sad Blues Fan - Gilly 'My Baby Daddy Is My Daddy' of House Craster
The Head Crusher - Black Walder '***** Slapped' Frey
RandV - Nymeria 'Have You Seen My Dog?' Direwolf
Blender - The 'Many Faced' Waif
ap3x - The 'Many Faced' Waif
Vikke - Loras 'It's Not A Phase Mom!' Tyrell
Belamorte - Tyrion 'Belamorte's Bane' Lannister
Psyfer - Lancel 'Robocop' Lannister
LarKing - The 'Is This Gonna Be On The Test?' Waif
SugarSherm - Lancel 'Where Did The Blonde Hair Go?' Lannister
SashaSemin28 - Brienne 'Jamie's BFF' of Tarth
Canadiens Ghost - The 'Sloppy Assassin' Waif
Diamondillium - Jaqen 'A Boy Becomes A Girl' H'Ghar
Hasbro - Kevan 'Hear Me Meow' Lannister
darko - Lancel 'I Like Your Sword' Lannister
Scholarships - Lancel 'Go Find The Breastplate Stretcher' Lannister
Emperoreddy - Lancel 'She Chose Violence' Lannester
hoyster - Jaqen 'I'm Out Of Faces' H'Ghar
Poochie_D - Lancel 'Done Like Dinner' Lannister
tacogeoff - The 'Stabby, Stabby' Waif
Habsfunk - Septon 'A Good Church Lady's Aways Up In Everybody's ****' Unella
Ferkland - The 'She Isn't Ready' Waif
TheDrop - Daario 'Eric Bana' Naharis
Sully1410 - Meera 'I'm In Love With A Cripple' Reed
Gee Wally - Lady Olenna 'Roses Are Red, Violence Is Due, I'm Gonna Die, But Cersie Will Too' Tyrell
Lord J T Shark - Edmure - 'Who Wants To Play Hangman?' Tully
StrictlyCommercial - The 'Just Another Face In The Wall' Waif
dma0034 - Tommen 'Blue Blood & Balls' Baratheon'
Sharpshooter - Lancel 'Up Poop Mountain Without a Paddle' Lannister
SonicY - Yara 'What Is Dead Shall Never...Whoops!' Greyjoy

Last edited:

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
I already no the general layout of Westeros, and the map intro is good for newcomers to get a sense of location, but for the specifics I brought up I don't think it really points out the finer detail of the Neck/Twins/Vale/Riverrun/Kings road area. Or if it does it goes by pretty quick and locations don't necessarily show up in the same intro's.

Also back in Kingslanding, with Margery showing her Grandma she's still loyal to house Tyrell I'm curious if there's an angle she's playing there by no longer consummating her marriage. Is she going to deny the Faith and the Lannisters an heir for Tommen? And to what end?

You no nuthin, RandV.

That's an interesting angle too actually. Never thought of that. I think Cersei said once to Sansa, during the Battle of BlackWater, that "tears aren't a woman's only weapon. The best one is between your legs".

Maybe Marge understands that as well, and uses it to control Tommen. The choice then for Tommen is about what's more important to him? His faith, or his urges? Seems like a solid play on her part for undercutting High Sparrow's control on Tommen with one hand, and staying pious and in the good graces of HS with the other. She's a smart chick. Olenna has taught her well. Maybe that's why Marge thought it would be better to let Olenna go before something happened to her.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think someone has made a theory of every person who has ever been in Braavos at some point helping her.

Just need an iron bank theory and a Stannis theory to round it out.

Mace Tyrell set up a network to help her when he visited. Mace is a genius and a master tactician, so the plan will be amazing.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Mace Tyrell set up a network to help her when he visited. Mace is a genius and a master tactician, so the plan will be amazing.

What if Mace is pulling a 'Keyser Soze' this whole time? Acting like the singing and bumbling fool, who can't even steer his own horse, to keep himself off of everyone's radar, while he quietly manoeuvres behind people's back?

The Tyrells don't have any love for the Lannisters, and i'm sure that's true of Mace as it is for Olenna, Loras, and Margaery. What if Mace went to Bravos and made side deals that we don't know of with the Iron Bank? The small council unwittingly sent him, which could have played right into his hands, and by the time they'll figure out whatever Mace may have done, it'll be too late, and he'll be 'walking like a boss' having pulled off Westeros biggest coup/fake-out?

I'm telling ya, it would make people's mouths drop if Mace turned out to be some genius strategist. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad