GDT: Game Number Seventy: The Jerks Come to Town

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It makes me sad to see Kerfoot and Ghetto trying to score. It reminds me of kids who try to shoot as hard as you can but just don't have the strenght or teknique to succeed. Ok players otherwise but that is just laughable.
I honestly think that Ghetto has PTSD, he's fantastic until he gets tangled with somebody 1v1 and he simply gives up. I wonder if that's how he got some of those month "day-to-day" injuries. Could've been some high-ankle sprains while falling awkwardly due to being tied up with an opposing player.

But I swear one of this DTD injuries came from blocking a shot.

Reactions: MacBradley

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Johnson with one of his weakest games of the year, easy. But Cole and Barrie are a complete disaster and quite consistent at it too - I am going to be more lenient on Cole since he obviously isn't up to 100% and he's being scapegoat'd. What's Barries excuse? I am not going to blame him for jumping up recklessly being down 2-0, but the problem is he's just as reckless if the score was 0-0 OT in game 7. And that recklessness hasn't really done a good job, just 3 points in the last 7 games while being -3 in that time frame. The bloke is effin' -61 in his career, that isn't normal...
He was a dumpster fire for the entire first half of the season. I hope he doesn't go back to that

armedequation

Mar 1, 2019
Definitely, they'll come out hungry and something something, biggest game of the season, something something.

They will come out hungry for a chili dog and slurpee from 7 eleven, biggest game of the season, lets see what they do....oh wait thats us we should be playing

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Who are the two besides MacK, Landy, Rants, and JTC?
I have Girard and Big Z on my list. It was Barrie but I just cant watch him anymore, move him for offensive depth or a more balanced defender and picks or prospects.

I think the need to seriously look at giving Z some PP2 time and his point totals should go up. Also I think he plays best when the team shows him he's a valuable piece.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I honestly think that Ghetto has PTSD, he's fantastic until he gets tangled with somebody 1v1 and he simply gives up. I wonder if that's how he got some of those month "day-to-day" injuries. Could've been some high-ankle sprains while falling awkwardly due to being tied up with an opposing player.

But I swear one of this DTD injuries came from blocking a shot.
Ghetto blocked a shot today too and looked hurt lol. The guy should just go hang out with @DanishAvsfan already and get off this team.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I have Girard and Big Z on my list. It was Barrie but I just cant watch him anymore, move him for offensive depth or a more balanced defender and picks or prospects.

Yep, that's my list too if we're picking 6, although, I'd like to keep Soda around as well. If we choose a goalie, I'm going Grubs but other than that, f*** everyone else lol.

Reactions: S3rkie and Avs

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Yep, that's my list too if we're picking 6, although, I'd like to keep Soda around as well. If we choose a goalie, I'm going Grubs but other than that, **** everyone else lol.
Yeah I like Soda, but I worry about committing to him again, with his age and play time with another top 5 pick taking minutes away from him.

Reactions: missionAvs

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois

I think the need to seriously look at giving Z some PP2 time and his point totals should go up. Also I think he plays best when the team shows him he's a valuable piece.

Absolutely. Z needs to be getting as much ice time as possible. He plays his best when he is playing big minutes.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Yeah I like Soda, but I worry about committing to him again, with his age and play time with another top 5 pick taking minutes away from him.

That's a fair point but it would be sad to see him go after all the shit players he's had to play with while he was here and after putting together a pretty damn solid season to date.

Reactions: S3rkie

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo

giphy.gif

Reactions: klozge

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Happy I decided not to watch this game. Don't let the game against Buffalo fool you, this team isn't making the playoffs.

I did see that Colin Wilson highlight in the 3rd period, though. God is he awful. I can't wait to never have to watch him play for the Avs ever again next season.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Carolina played a great road game. Solid positioning, always sticks in passing lanes and were opportunistic in the offensive zone. Mrazek had a great game as well, obviously.

Reactions: Avs

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Happy I decided not to watch this game. Don't let the game against Buffalo fool you, this team isn't making the playoffs.

I did see that Colin Wilson highlight in the 3rd period, though. God is he awful. I can't wait to never have to watch him play for the Avs ever again next season.

Be careful what you wish for... very strong chance his replacement is worse. “That’s just the way it is” —Tupac

Reactions: MacBradley

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Grubauer was good again, defense played well for the most part. Some other things to like about the game as well but mostly I just want the season to end now. Seeing Bourque on the ice at this point of this season makes me sad.

Reactions: Forceberg

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
It is sad to see what has become of EJ’s puck skills. He used to have so much confidence carrying the puck, and look like he had world class skill. Obviously the injuries have broken down his ability to skate well, but now he looks so stiff while skating. Whenever he gets the puck, especially in the offensive zone, it’s like he has no idea what to do with the puck anymore. He is basically becoming Hejda 2.0.

Barrie with another poor game too. There was one point he tried to make a cross ice pass to Jost, and he flipped it like 10’ in the air, and almost hit Jost in the chest. By the time the puck came down, all Jost could do was ice it. Final minute bobbling the puck out of the zone. These have all become standard plays for him. Outside of passing the puck to MacKinnon and Rantanen on the power play, and the occasional one timer that gets through traffic, he hasn’t had a good year. At all.

This team isn’t going to go far when its two best defencemen (who will probably combine for 14 million in cap space in a year) aren’t that good outside of one or two skills.

Hopefully the hype on Makar is real because neither EJ or Barrie should be the best defenceman on the team.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->