Post-Game Talk: Game misconduct for winning 5-4 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
Santo's "local boy" status wins him some fans as well. I wouldn't have cared if we had signed him but didn't really care that we let him go.

The Benning Bashing Club needed whatever they could find early. Hell, they hated the Vrbata signing as well.

IIRC Vrbata was the one signing that there was a consensus around it being a good decision.

Letting Santorelli go, yes, was controversial.

Miller's contract, Sbisa, Vey, Garrison, and to a lesser extent Bonino (relative to what some thought we could have gotten instead) were the "bad" calls.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Just read the Spector article for what the rest of the hockey world thinks. That sums it up.

Oh I know. Doesn't confuse me any less. Hard to believe there are so many stupid people who are unable to think logically about these plays. And I know stupid is a harsh term but it's the truth.

In this case people have to make a jump in logic to even see it as a dirty play let alone the jump in logic to call it a vicious and deliberate head shot worthy of any, let alone significant, supplemental discipline.

His+quotes+are+mind+bottling+_1a44196007ce4ffbaef2fce3daa349b4.jpg

arsmaster*

Intangibo, I implore you to actually find a post or poster that didn't like the Vrbata signing.

I call BS.

The prized 2C from the kesler deal has 5 more points than Santo. Bonino is hot of late, and the team is better for it. Santo could have been good here. I sincerely hope we pursue him in FA. Hopefully his under-utilization in Nashville lowers his demands. 3 years 6m would be beauty for this utility spark plug type guy.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Intangibo, I implore you to actually find a post or poster that didn't like the Vrbata signing.

I call BS.

The prized 2C from the kesler deal has 5 more points than Santo. Bonino is hot of late, and the team is better for it. Santo could have been good here. I sincerely hope we pursue him in FA. Hopefully his under-utilization in Nashville lowers his demands. 3 years 6m would be beauty for this utility spark plug type guy.

There weren't many but there were some:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1702837

and boy did they hate it.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
There weren't many but there were some:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1702837

and boy did they hate it.

There will always be some that don't like it, but as far as signings go, the majority of the people here liked it. More than with most other signings, IMO. There were more people who hated Kes getting 5m per and the Sedins getting resigned than people adamantly against the Vrbata signing.

A few people not liking it because they had their hearts set on someone else doesn't really change that I haven't seen that many people happy with an FA signing since Hamhuis.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
Yes, the majority quite liked the signing, even those who weren't crazy about Benning. Hard to argue with the price tag, although in hindsight, you almost wish we had given him another year at that number.

Most will agree it was the best Benning move to date and probably the best signing of the entire off-season of any team.

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014
The Benning Apologist Club needs to literally make **** up to 'prove their point'

I am not sure what point was trying to be proven.

I didn't make up anything nor do I apologize for anything about Benning. You can type all the names you want into a line up, you can't show me they'd work any better. It is always the same 5-7 people. Sometimes, like it or not, you have to accept the result was due to the process. There are still people upset that Willie didn't use Horvat correctly, ignoring the fact he is rounding into form at the perfect time rather than burning out like many junior players do in their first season.

Funny though how some people know what camp they are in without being mentioned.

You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you
You're so vain, I'll bet you think this song is about you
Don't you? Don't You?

Dorsetzky

Mar 30, 2015

I call BS.

Meh, bonino also has the same amount of points in almost a 100 games less and is 3 years younger and would be a smaller cap hit than you propose. Like I said santo would have left bo on the outside looking in, I hope we pass on him (and we will)

arsmaster*

Meh, bonino also has the same amount of points in almost a 100 games less and is 3 years younger and would be a smaller cap hit than you propose. Like I said santo would have left bo on the outside looking in, I hope we pass on him (and we will)

Disagree. Agree to disagree. My thoughts are known on this.

You know Benning kicked the tires on trading for him right? I think Lindenning might see the local-boy, has played his best hockey here, and get him for a good deal.

What do you think Bonino resigns for? Definitely more than Santorelli.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

Bonino was a piece brought back in the Kesler trade, Santorelli could have be signed without giving up any assets.

big difference. There is still room for Bo on this team if we had signed Santorelli.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
I've got an extensive ignore list, so maybe I'm missing some. USERNAMES were the only ones I saw opposed to it, but they were in tank nation.

Everyone else reasonable loved it.

Just as I suspected.

I'm editing out the names, just so you know.

There were a couple more but I agree, most were well on board. It was just a very vocal minority, as is usually the case.

I implore you to actually find a post or poster that didn't like the Vrbata signing.

I call BS.

You asked for one example, that's why I linked to it, no other reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad