GDT: Game LXX: Avalanche vs Rangers | 8 PM MT | Smarch 11, 2020

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
- Francous just keeps putting in these types of performances night in night out with Grubaur out. He might be the main reason why the avs have won so many games despite all the injuries.
- Landeskog was our best skater tonight, he's been stepping up after being put in a bigger role to drive the offense with all these injuries and looks like a star again.
- It's a good thing we have a second back up Mackinnon on the blue line when the first goes out. Can't have enough of those. I actually though Makar didn't play that great tonight but just happened to pick up points by being there. He was fighting the puck all night, and almost gave up a breakaway if it wasn't for Kaut swooping in with his speed to clean things up.
- That second goal by NY was a lacrosse style goal, the puck didn't touch the ice. Zadorov had Buchnevich's stick tied up til the last second. Maybe he tied up his stick too early and that gave Buchnevich the opportunity to wrestle it free.

- Tell me if you haven't seen this before. The puck gets sent into a corner. Girard goes in to retrieve it with the opposition a couple steps behind him. The other team gets the puck.

- For all the flack that Zadorov took for hooking Larkin a couple of games ago, at least he reacted and did something. Tonight Zibanejad blew by both Graves and Girard for what would be breakaways (Francous made an alert play to poke the puck away when Zibanejad blew by Graves). Girard even had like a couple of steps on Zibanejad but still got blown completely out of the picture, he's like that guy who just gets out of the way because he doesn't want to get posterized. That way he doesn't look so bad, but in this case I think it's just combination of really slow reflexes (EJ got beat wide by Gauthier, Girard was right there looking at them and didn't even move muscle, he didn't even try to poke check with his stick) and generally lacking awareness for what's happening that's not in front of his eyes. He also gives up really easy zone entries to the opposition because he just keeps backing up then tries to make a weak poke check that even when it connects still results in the opponent keeping possession.

This could be the avs last game for a while, the nhl tends to follow what the nba is doing. Now that it's become such a big distraction, keeping things going as usual is going to be tough.

You’re not going to convince people that Girard is bad and Zadorov is good by cherry-picking moments from games.

You’re fighting a losing battle, friend.

Last edited:

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
1st star is definitely Compher’s ass, 2 good screens last night.

Glad to see Cale have a big game, but can’t be happy about the game really when you see Donskoi go down with likely another concussion. If that’s what it is, after 2 concussions in a year I doubt he’ll be the same effective player again.

I guess we’ll find out soon if the season is cancelled.

Reactions: Murzu

PowerMac

Dec 20, 2019
You’re not going to convince people that Girard is bad and Zadorov is good by cherry-picking moments from games.
Oh right, I forgot that apparently we're only supposed to cherry pick moments to shit on players that the vocal narrative pushers around here approve of like Jost, Kamenev and Zadorov. How silly of me to post my negative commentary on one of our golden boys of poise Sammy G and his brilliant twirling abilities. Surely it's not like this board is consistently and hilariously wrong in their highly educated opinions.

But seriously not even cherry picking here (it's not like I only posted one instance), all of what I've posted happens consistently more often than not and he really does have slow reflexes. In that game King's game people would rather blame Jost for not driving to the net hard enough than criticize Girard for his weak ass poorly placed (right into the goalie's chest) shot. His dumb pass up the middle right to a King's player that led to a glorious scoring chance for them got a complete pass from these boards. And nobody even mentioned his weak play on the GWG where he does his usual keep backing up then try for a weak pokecheck routine til I did. Sure I'm not going to convince some people no matter what I say, but you're not speaking for everybody either. There's also the main boards of course :naughty:.

Last edited:
Reactions: Murzu

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Really? I've watched the clip like 5 times and it doesn't look like it gets redirected at all.

6th time is the charm maybe? Keep your eye on George's glove... it clearly redirects towards his ear.

edit; sorry for the redundancy, I see this was answered and accepted ad nauseam. What I get for responding to a quote without reading the rest of the thread.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
The transformation of Zibanejad has been amazing. Before the Elliott/Anderson swap I wanted to draft him before we dropped low enough to get Landeskog. Pretty disappointing first half of his career, but now he’s playing like the absolute best case of his potential at the time.

Reactions: drhiii and Murzu

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Oh right, I forgot that apparently we're only supposed to cherry pick moments to shit on players that the vocal narrative pushers around here approve of like Jost, Kamenev and Zadorov. How silly of me to post my negative commentary on one of our golden boys of poise Sammy G and his brilliant twirling abilities. Surely it's not like this board is consistently and hilariously wrong in their highly educated opinions.

But seriously not even cherry picking here (it's not like I posted one instance), all of what I've posted happens consistently more often than not and he really does have slow reflexes. In that game King's game people would rather blame Jost for not driving to the net hard enough than criticize Girard for his weak ass poorly placed (right into the goalie's chest) shot. His dumb pass up the middle right to a King's player that led to a glorious scoring chance for them got a complete pass from these boards. And nobody even mentioned his weak play on the GWG where he does his usual keep backing up then try for a weak pokecheck routine til I did. Sure I'm not going to convince some people no matter what I say, but I don't think you speak for everybody. There's also the main boards of course :naughty:.

You are 100% right.
We are all convinced.
Your work here is done.
Now you can go elsewhere and share your brilliant insight.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
If this was the last AVS game for a while they went out with a BANG!

Sure, they needed a goalie in cheat mode and lady luck on their side but Howie Wowie was that a fun game to watch or what? With that forward group? Impressive stuff.

Now all we can do is wait and see what happens with the rest of the season ...

Reactions: klozge and Murzu

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Ranger fan here saying f'n hell of a game gents as I'm emotionally spent as I'm sure y'all are as I'm just coming down from it...lol

Tonight showed that our two teams are two of the most exciting and fun to watch teams in the league. Even your TV guys Mosher and McNabb who are one of the best broadcast tandems in the league said as I was watching your feed tonight as I'm apt to do as I like to see what the opposition thinks of my Rangers, they even said it was as exciting a game as you guys have played this year.

And I'd have to agree as it was probably in the top 3-4 games I've seen this year from my guys even tho you guys were missing half your team. Amazing how well you guys played with basically 3rd and 4th liners other than Landeskog.

Gotta be honest tho, before the game I was thinking if there was ever a time we could come into your barn and beat you, tonight was the night considering your injury situation even tho we were on the 2nd game of the back to back as we played the Stars last night where we won.

Tho I'm thrilled we escaped with one point on that miracle Buchie goal with 13 seconds left which kept our playoff hopes alive, I'd be lying if I said I'm not a tad dissapointed we couldn't get the two points. I mean you guys are basically missing two full lines and you still beat us....arggggg....lol

But Francouz morphed into Dominck Haskek circa 1995 tonight and was amazing and a bit lucky as well as Mika should have had 4 goals by himself with the last one in OT when he hit the post.

But hey, that's what happens when you have a good team like you guys do...you get the breaks. I gotta say once your team is fully healthy, your team is going to be f'n scary and I truly believe the Avs will get out of the West and play the Bruins in the Cup finals .

I hope it happens cause I've been a MacKinnon fantasy owner for 3 years now and this year I added guys like Burakovsky, Grubauer to my squad and so I watch most of your games and the Avs have become my team out West.

Wish you guys best of luck going forward and please please please don't let the f'n Stars screw your season up as that team is almost like your teams kryptonite. Something about that team messes with the Avs flow and they often times don't play as well as they normally do. That said, a healthy Avs team in playoff mode should beat that boring ass team.

Call me nuts but I gotta strong hunch that our two teams will be playing each other sometime in the next 4-5 years in a Cup final when our kiddies like Kakko, Chytil, Kravtsov, Fox grow up and our rebuild is finally complete which would be friggen epic...here's to hoping!!.

Cant.. take.. ser...

Nvm..

Reactions: BrickNHL and Murzu

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
If this was the last AVS game for a while they went out with a BANG!

Sure, they needed a goalie in cheat mode and lady luck on their side but Howie Wowie was that a fun game to watch or what? With that forward group? Impressive stuff.

Now all we can do is wait and see what happens with the rest of the season ...
Well, the goal is to win the last game of the year, right? :sarcasm:

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
It really was an egregious play. It was late, a blind side hit, and directed toward Donskoi's head in my view. I have to believe that he will receive a significant suspension.
I bet he doesn’t play again for at least a month!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad