GDT: GAME LXV: RIVALRY NIGHT! Aves vs. Wungs

Christopher Ehn is...

• Total voters

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
A few things.

The wings started the rivalry. Kozlov slammed Footes head into the glass at Mcnichols. No penalty was called. Lemieux later punched Kozlov in the head and got kicked out the game.
Everyone thinks Pepe hit on Draper started the rivalry.

The Wings played a game in Denver before the infamous March 26th game. Why didnt they go after Pepe then if they wanted retribution for the Draper hit? They waited till they got back to Detroit same as the Moore incident.

In conclusion f*** the wings I hope they go 100 yrs sucking. Oh yah and f*** the Wild.

Tell us how you really feel.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Leadership on the avs that were on the team during bednar’s first season realize this years wings could wipe the avs off the record books for worst season in the salary cap era. I imagine that is motivation enough to take care of business tonight. Operation win in regulation

Reactions: MildAvaholic

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Leadership on the avs that were on the team during bednar’s first season realize this years wings could wipe the avs off the record books for worst season in the salary cap era. I imagine that is motivation enough to take care of business tonight. Operation win in regulation

While it would be nice for the Wings to "out-tank" the Avs, I don't think that means a whole bunch in the long run. This Detroit team knew full well they were gonna suck--I still think that 2016-17 Avs squad went in hoping they'd be competitive, maybe be on the bubble, and then everything that could go wrong, did.

But hey...if that's what motivates them for what feels like a very meaningless game for both sides, I'm all for it.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I smashed the Wings on proline for tonight.

Wings are due for a win and the Avs are due for a loss. Plus the injuries and all the games Frankie has started now... plus potentially Hutchinson getting tonights game.

They were paying over 4:1 so I had to.
upload_2020-3-2_12-52-11.gif

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Hutchinson may have played like shit in Toronto but his junior numbers aren't bad and honestly I think it's funny when the Leafs lose so, good for Hutch hope he has a good game

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The Wings do have a few weapons up front, Hutch can't afford to be garbage. Fabbri, Mantha, Larkin, and Bert can potentially do a little damage even if their numbers are pitiful overall. And with MacKinnon in a major slump and the offense in general losing steam this could be a lot closer than people will like. Still, I think they likely are too slow in general to turn this into a sludgefest the way LA did in the stadium series, even though I fully expect that to be their game plan for the entire 60 minutes.

That said, Hutch may just surprise us all. Sakic has been on an amazing run lately with his pickups being great, even (and especially) the ones we hated initially. Nichushkin, Burakovsky, Miska, Graves, all sneaky good. So hopefully he comes out and pulls a Hamburglar on Detroit.

Last edited:
Reactions: CobraAcesS

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
It's too much of an Avs thing to end the streak tonight for it not to happen.
That being said, I hope Hutch trolls Toronto fans with a stellar performance.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Kind of glad it’s Hutch, as I expect Bertuzzi to run the goalie or do something stupid.

Also, is Barbie playing forward again? :D

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
They've been in this situation before with backups over the years, and they always seem to come out an play terrible, and the goalie ends up facing like 45+ shots.

I could care less if Hutch is awful and gives up 5 goals, as long as the Avs score 6.
I don't think you have anything to worry about. I don't know that Detroit could put up 45 shots if the net was empty. I trust Yzerman to have long term success rebuilding, but I pay more attention to tankathon odds than games these days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad