GDT: Game LXI: Avs @ Hawks - Perfect Strangers meet WITH EVERYTHING ON THE LINE!!!

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I think Bednar read my snippy post in the last GDT about having a Landy-Soda-JTC line

Boy was Chicago's D godawful. Brings back some PTSD from seasons past. The General, SOB, Zanon, Holden and many, many more flashed before my eyes many times tonight.

Barrie and Kerfoot are the epitome of putting up points while being terrible on the ice. I'm not even sure if the points offset the negatives. Hopefully Makar and Kakko make them obsolete and we can get some assets for them.

Edmonton seems like they want to do something silly for Barrie in the offseason, let's get er done boys.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Varly interview in the postgame.. I can't believe I never noticed what a massive dome he has. Jesus Christ what a head.
Capture2.jpg

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Moser is the biggest **** there is. I can't stand when he says penalty on the other team and then it ends up being on the avs. Like today he said "Penalty coming up on the avs, no Chicago, no it's on the avs" Like holy **** what a **** job he is at announcing. The dude is grade A bad. I'm talking Reto Berra with no defense bad. Either bring back Haynes or promote Connor.

I guess you could grant him a season's grace period, but yeah. He's been bad. Terribad. I always look forward to Monday games because Connor destroys him in nearly every regard.

Reactions: MacBradley

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
That's the Avs we watched last year. Just put your head down and play hockey. Shit is not always going to go your way, just have to play through it.

Tonight the refs made some questionable calls in the 3rd which allowed them to tie, but we kept playing hard and got the next one, only for them to gift wrap another PP with a minute and half. But we didn't pout and played as hard as we could on the PK blocked some shots and got the job done.

Nice win, not perfect. Just keep playing hard.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Moser is the biggest **** there is. I can't stand when he says penalty on the other team and then it ends up being on the avs. Like today he said "Penalty coming up on the avs, no Chicago, no it's on the avs" Like holy **** what a **** job he is at announcing. The dude is grade A bad. I'm talking Reto Berra with no defense bad. Either bring back Haynes or promote Connor.
Yeah he's next level bad. I miss our old tandem.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
No we can't but we also can't offer something like 4-6 years/6 million dollars that he probably wants.
I'd sign him at 4.5m x 5 if it meant we could keep some stability in net. I don't know what else we can do.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Nemeth was good and bad today. Excellent on the PK in the final minute and great play to Compher for the GWG, but I thought he was still pretty bad in other aspects of the game. Dude can't move the puck on a breakout to save his life, and he was soft as **** on DeBrincat's tying goal.

Great pass by Kerfoot, but seriously get that guy out of the lineup. One good play ever 6-7 games isn't enough. He's probably going to ask for 3.5-4M per season, and I wouldn't pay this guy 2M per season. He CANNOT play with Nathan MacKinnon. He's just not good enough. Notice how when Kerfoot plays with superior players, his passes are always in their skates or a step behind them? He's just not good enough.

Carl Soderberg. What else can be said? This guy has done everything in his power to keep the Avs from floundering and bottoming out. I don't think it's a stretch to say that he's been the best player over the last 20 games for this team.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
You all deserve to eat a worm from all that Nemeth bashing, JTC doesn't score if Nemeth didn't perform a Lidstrom-esque pass. @21
A lot of crazy blocks on that late PK too.

Whatever pro-scouts watched him tonight walked away impressed. The things he’s supposed to be good at, he was great at. Plus he had that bonus pass. Overall it was a rough night with the puck but scouts expect that. The pass might make them forget it.

StLAvsFan

Feb 8, 2015
You just ride Varlamov’s butt till the end of the season, and hope he can stand on his head often enough to get the Avs into the playoffs. Beyond the playoffs (if they make it in), I wouldn’t worry about it.

Nice to see pretty much every Avs player (Kerfoot excluded) skating hard for 60 minutes, hitting people, fighting for loose pucks, etc...and doing the greasy things nescessary to win games. It ain’t fancy...and it ain’t pretty...but it’s what wins games during crunch time.

Having stellar goaltending sure helps too—for a change.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
For the people suggesting we ride Varly into the ground, you’re forgetting that he has to stay fresh. His groin is on pins and needles, push him hard down the stretch and he’s going to break in like 3 weeks time.

Unfortunately, we don’t have a Bernier, just a f***ing Grubauer.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Stability is good but 2 years maybe 3 max for Varly. Don't think he will age well.
He won't, but we don't have a choice. The league is all of a sudden lacking available goalies. A year or 2 ago, there were tons.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
For the people suggesting we ride Varly into the ground, you’re forgetting that he has to stay fresh. His groin is on pins and needles, push him hard down the stretch and he’s going to break in like 3 weeks time.

Unfortunately, we don’t have a Bernier, just a ****ing Grubauer.
I have a good feeling about Grubauer tomorrow. Also, Nashville isn't as good as they have been the last few years.

I wouldn't say tomorrows game is an auto-loss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->