GDT: game fifty six...existential doom edition

mapletreemarty

Jan 26, 2017
Thunder Bay
Ian Cole + Matt Calvert in UFA, Patrik Nemeth brought back, Chris Bigras traded for Ryan Graves (don't mind Graves but player style is similar to what you described).

I have a feeling Joe Sakic likes these sorts.

I'm too lazy to go back and find it but someone posted our stats since January and we are ranking pretty high in defensive metrics at 5 on 5 but our save percentage is a whopping .846. I'm hoping Joe notices these and that's enough for him to keep away from those plodding, shot blocking anchors that are offensive black holes....hell not even offensive but I don't want to watch anyone handle a puck like a live grenade anymore.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Late to the party watching these games late these days.

Another game filled with the problems that have plagued this team all year. Too many sloppy mistakes, turnovers, poor coverage, and yet another poor start.

Every game they seemingly make a bad turnover or some kind of bad mistake on the first or second shift. This is on the players but also the coaching staff for not getting them prepared to start the game properly. It's burned them on a few goals to start games the last month or so.

Like I said after the last game, I wished they would have started Grubauer in this one. Varly playing three OT games in four days was risky enough, but to start him again two days later was just risking burning him out and/or re-injuring his groin. Now who are they gonna start against Winnipeg? Varly again with very little rest?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They clearly have no faith in Grubauer right now. I suppose they're waiting to either win a few games and give Varly a rest or wait until things are completely out of reach before putting Grubby back in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad