Game Day Threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
As a person who believes that the Wild GDT's from last year were some of the best on HFF :handclap:, I was wondering if there will be a GDT sign up thread again this year? Because I can't wait to see what our resident GDT superstars have in store for us! :yo:

:wild

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
As a person who believes that the Wild GDT's from last year were some of the best on HFF :handclap:, I was wondering if there will be a GDT sign up thread again this year? Because I can't wait to see what our resident GDT superstars have in store for us! :yo:

:wild

Ooh ooh ooh. I will have to dibs one once I see the schedule. Had a lot of fun doing my Office Space GDT last year.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'll have to wait until inspiration strikes to do another one of mine. With everything that has happened to me in the last couple of months, I'm kinda drained.

I'm sure I'll cook something up at some point tho.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
We really didn't have a sign-up sheet for GDT's, did we? Can't remember. It's been too long. :laugh:

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Of course. Count me out tho, I've made very uncreative GDT's in my day figure I might as well let he comedians have at it. I usually just stole the opposing teams thread which is apparently one of the seven deadly HFB sins. But I think we can all agree on the sign ups and looking forward to the madness/goodness this wonderful team will bring us this season. This is going to be fun :)

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Hey when does the waffle cup start anyway?

They might as well make the whole Western Conference bracket Sharks vs Wild this year. We had plenty of good ones in the 2nd half.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I was going to make a sign up thread again once the schedule was announced.

If people still want to do it that way.

HobeyBroten

Jul 12, 2012
Because I'm a noob, I'm going to ask how this "competition" works?

Is it where an equal amount of games are assigned to everyone involved and when their game is up they are responsible for creating a GDT for that game, and the result of the game decides if the W-L-OT-SO?

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I'll start Googling cute animal pictures.

StarTrekFacePalm.gif

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Because I'm a noob, I'm going to ask how this "competition" works?

Is it where an equal amount of games are assigned to everyone involved and when their game is up they are responsible for creating a GDT for that game, and the result of the game decides if the W-L-OT-SO?

Last year we had the entire Wild schdule(well, the sign up thread didnt pop up until like november i think) and anyone could sign up for any GDT they wanted. Then the NHL point system was used. Two for a win, one for overtime loss, and so on.

Champion was just whoever had the best winning percentage if they did more than like 5 GDTs, i think was the cutoff.

Kind of a just for fun thing. Then i think at the end of the season the top 3 or 5 were chosen. Based on effort and variety and all that.

Not so much a competition but something to recognize and keep track of who does a lot for the board as the season goes on. I did like 4-5 GDTs ladt year, Avder did like 5-8, and i want to say someone did like 12-15.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Wow.... I tried to learn the system but WHAAAAAT is happening here? Could someone explain, please?

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Wow.... I tried to learn the system but WHAAAAAT is happening here? Could someone explain, please?

I kinda messed up the math last year on percentages...ignore that. I was already shredded by avder and i think it was squidz :laugh:

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae

It's a fun side-competition to the kind people who go through the GDT creation effort.

Basically, let's say you create a GDT for Wild vs Vanny. Wild wins, you get 2 points. Wild loss, you get 0. Wild OT loss, you get 1 point.

Best average over 5 games wins.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
It's a fun side-competition to the kind people who go through the GDT creation effort.

Basically, let's say you create a GDT for Wild vs Vanny. Wild wins, you get 2 points. Wild loss, you get 0. Wild OT loss, you get 1 point.

Best average over 5 games wins.

Ahhh, ok. Do we raffle the GDTs among willing, or do you have the power to decide your games?

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Ahhh, ok. Do we raffle the GDTs among willing, or do you have the power to decide your games?

Whoever calls it first gets it. So say we have:

Feb 5 vs Canucks
Feb 8 vs Sharks
Feb 10 vs Ducks

All as available and you want to do one, as long as nobody else claimed it first, you've got it.

And if you cant do it after you signed for it, just post you cant an hour or two beforehand and someone else will take over no problem.

Its a laid back system with very little pressure. It works :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad