Game Day Thread sign up

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
It was @Blanick that first used the book GDT last year, at least first on our board. I agree with you that I'd like to see some variety in the GDTs and that sometimes half-assed ones can be more fun than formal full-assed ones. However, even if repeated, the book ones are very nice and takes work. Its not very rewarding, but they make our board look better and bring the community together. Blanick has worked very hard on numerous GDTs, many original. So please don't give him grief, accuse him of plagiarism, or continuously complain. He does not deserve that.

First Book GDT By Blanick, last year

Newspaper GDT by Blanick
Berglund GDT (Just for you, Ransku)...oh yeah, also by Blanick
Star Wars GDT by Blanick
Post-first loss meltdown GDT by Blanick
Walking Blues GDT by Blanick

Those are just a few of the ones Blanick did last year. I think he deserves thanks and appreciation more than complaints. If someone wants a shot at being more creative, they can sign up here. Otherwise, be grateful someone cares enough to create a template to repeat nice threads quickly.

Also, everyone should click on the links and give Blanick a much belated "like" on those if you haven't.

Thanks for this. Yes as an adult with a full time job and dating a women with two children, time is very much a factor on how unique my GDTs will be. I may even make new versions of some of the ones posted by @Majorityof1 . I am quite partial to the Star Wars one. I also have few new ideas I am toying with. Even yes a Ghostbusters themed one just for you @Ranksu :D

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Star Wars theme was one of my favorites from last season.

I’d like to do a Star Trek: Next generation theme in November.

Also a Game of Thrones theme vs. one of the Avalanche games.

Last edited:

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I’m also happy to get one going for tomorrow. I’ll have to post it today before I leave work since my computer at home is completely dead. If that’s not kosher someone else can do it.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Yes sir,

I'm waiting for snowing..

bluess.jpg

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I've feeling next GDT should be something like special and its against Hawks at home. Idk. @elkranio can you make us happy again with some GDT?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad