Game Day Thread sign up

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Last year on multiple occasions we had double GDT to start before a mod merged them. In addition to some GDT threads created by user(s) who are blocked by some. So to help prevent that problem, we can do a sign up to allow those interested in more time to help create those threads and not waste their time. I will keep this thread updated throughout the season.

Here is the first w Months (24 games) of the Blues schedule. Just pick out a game and I will show you on this post as the designated GDT creator for that game.

OCTOBER

Oct. 4 vs. Winnipeg Jets - 7 p.m.—— Blanick
Oct. 6 vs. Chicago Blackhawks - 7 p.m. -- Blanick
Oct. 11 vs. Calgary Flames - 7 p.m.
Oct. 13 at Chicago Blackhawks - 7:30 p.m.
Oct. 14 vs. Anaheim Ducks - 6 p.m.
Oct. 17 at Montreal Canadiens - 6 p.m. -- The Note
Oct. 20 at Toronto Maple Leafs - 6 p.m.
Oct. 22 at Winnipeg Jets - 7 p.m.
Oct. 25 vs. Columbus Blue Jackets - 7 p.m.
Oct. 27 vs. Chicago Blackhawks - 7 p.m.
NOVEMBER

Nov. 1 vs. Vegas Golden Knights - 7 p.m.
Nov. 3 vs. Minnesota Wild - 7 p.m.
Nov. 6 vs. Carolina Hurricanes - 7 p.m.
Nov. 9 vs. San Jose Sharks - 7 p.m.
Nov. 11 vs. Minnesota Wild - 2 p.m.
Nov. 14 at Chicago Blackhawks - 7 p.m.-- @mw2noobbuster
Nov. 16 at Vegas Golden Knights - 9 p.m.
Nov. 17 at San Jose Sharks - 9:30 p.m.
Nov. 19 vs. Los Angeles Kings - 7 p.m.
Nov. 21 at Nashville Predators - 7 p.m.
Nov. 23 vs. Nashville Predators - 7 p.m. @mw2noobbuster
Nov. 24 vs. Winnipeg Jets - 6 p.m.
Nov. 28 at Detroit Red Wings - 6 p.m.
Nov. 30 at Colorado Avalanche - 8 p.m.

Last edited:

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Hmmmm.. Posted this in another thread

but if someone else really wants to jump in I am happy to step aside for some games.

I know from time to time @elkranio likes to do some. Just thought we can organize it better this year. I was gonna tag you in my original post. But didn’t want to volunteer you too quickly.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
^ Lmao.

I'm down for the 82 game effort out of Blanick. Maybe we can plan on that and if he's ever busy one day or something, we can use this thread for him to post in alerting us and then someone else can step in on like a first come, first serve basis.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'm on your ignore list?? What did I do to you??
giphy.gif

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I was debating making a GDT although I know that probably won't happen. Plus I am on a few ignore lists as well. So I vote for the Blanick to try to Iron Man it....or Iron Meme it....Be the MVP (Most valuable Poster)...eh, whatever you'd call making a whole bunch of very elaborately detailed internet message board posts without missing a game. If he pulls it off, we should all vote on a much more clever title and give him an official board approved title to put under his name. Maybe Bootylicious, for all dat (full) ass (GDT) he bringin' :naughty:

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
^ Lmao.

I'm down for the 82 game effort out of Blanick. Maybe we can plan on that and if he's ever busy one day or something, we can use this thread for him to post in alerting us and then someone else can step in on like a first come, first serve basis.
I like this idea. I’m happy to pinch-hit on occasion. I did a few last year, they won’t be fancy, but this forum has a “Half-Assed GDT” prefix for a reason.

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I liked idea when team is winning streak you continue to create GDT or half-arse

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
This is ridiculous. If they dont see a GDT thread that is on them. Its not the topic creators fault to determine if a bunch of whiners put someone on ignore.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I am more than happy to step aside for others to come in a make something. Hell even if all they want to do is a half assed GDT for that particular day.

I know I am planning on using the book one for a lot of mine this year while sprinkling in a few other styles throughout. It's just that the book one I have down to a science at this point and can churn one of this out in just over an hour.

Some of the more elaborate ones can take 2 to 3+ hours to make. I spent nearly 5 hours on one last season so those will continue to be rare.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I might be wrong, but I remember last season that book has already used and I think it was @elkranio who used first. Not tho 100% sure.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I might be wrong, but I remember last season that book has already used and I think it was @elkranio who used first. Not tho 100% sure.

It was @Blanick that first used the book GDT last year, at least first on our board. I agree with you that I'd like to see some variety in the GDTs and that sometimes half-assed ones can be more fun than formal full-assed ones. However, even if repeated, the book ones are very nice and takes work. Its not very rewarding, but they make our board look better and bring the community together. Blanick has worked very hard on numerous GDTs, many original. So please don't give him grief, accuse him of plagiarism, or continuously complain. He does not deserve that.

First Book GDT By Blanick, last year

Newspaper GDT by Blanick
Berglund GDT (Just for you, Ransku)...oh yeah, also by Blanick
Star Wars GDT by Blanick
Post-first loss meltdown GDT by Blanick
Walking Blues GDT by Blanick

Those are just a few of the ones Blanick did last year. I think he deserves thanks and appreciation more than complaints. If someone wants a shot at being more creative, they can sign up here. Otherwise, be grateful someone cares enough to create a template to repeat nice threads quickly.

Also, everyone should click on the links and give Blanick a much belated "like" on those if you haven't.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'm not bashing and I wasn't sure who made book thing first and it doesn't matter. I just want variaty in GDT's not same what has used already and its not end of world. Its cool that somebody is creating GDT's.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
GDTs take for fricking ever to make. Even the simple BBcode ones. Even if it’s just a simple book one he’s already templated messing with the code is a PITA.

Ranksu feel free to contribute to the GDTs.

Reactions: cardinalnation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->