Game Center question (Devils related)

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
MSG and MSG + telecast are in HD in Game Center Live. MSG + 2 games are not, because they aren't produced in HD.

Game Center alsongives you home and away feeds

apice3*

MSG+2 shouldn't exist. There's no reason that the Rangers need to be on both MSG and MSG2.

Three hockey teams, four channels. I get the Knicks too, but how often do all 4 teams play at the same time at the same date with none of the 4 being National games.

apice3*

Hard to get a contract with YES with the Yankees and Nets getting that air time. SNY would be nice.

MartysBetterThanYou

Jan 15, 2013
New Jersey
Hard to get a contract with YES with the Yankees and Nets getting that air time. SNY would be nice.

The Yankees don't play during the Hockey season unless it is playoffs, and baseball playoffs are nationally televised on FOX and ESPN. The Knicks and Rangers can share, since they share an arena and generally don't play at the same time. I'd assume the Nets and Islanders could share too since they are moving to Barclays in two seasons. The Devils on SNY would be nice for the Devils because they would be the premier hockey product on the channel, as opposed to playing second fiddle to the Rangers on MSG.

apice3*

Baseball season starts the last few days of March/first few days of April. It would interfere with part of the regular season and the first round or two of the playoffs, especially if the Nets are playing well as well.

I just don't understand why the Rangers get MSG, MSG2, both HD channels while the Islanders and Devils get MSG+ and HD based on who the home team is. Just doesn't make sense to me, even from Dolan's standpoint.

MartysBetterThanYou

Jan 15, 2013
New Jersey
How does NESN manage to juggle four sports teams in the Bruins, Celtics, Red Sox and Patriots? I assume that would be a model for any of the NYC-area channels to follow if they had three teams at once.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
How does NESN manage to juggle four sports teams in the Bruins, Celtics, Red Sox and Patriots? I assume that would be a model for any of the NYC-area channels to follow if they had three teams at once.

NESN only has Bruins and Red Sox. Celtics are in CSN New England, and NFL rights aren't sold regionally, only nationally.

apice3*

Football is played on national TV, not local. That leaves Boston juggling 3 teams, where as NY/NJ has 7 teams - Devils, Rangers, Isles, Yankees, Mets, Nets, Knicks. YES hosts 2 teams, MSG hosts 4, and SNY hosts 1. Pretty imbalanced. One of the hockey teams should move to SNY to make a 2-3-2 split on three channels. Or Dolan can just give MSG+2 an HD channel. Don't understand why that hasn't happened yet.

JerseyGuy276

An American Outlaw
Mar 22, 2010
A Flood Zone
Football is played on national TV, not local. That leaves Boston juggling 3 teams, where as NY/NJ has 7 teams - Devils, Rangers, Isles, Yankees, Mets, Nets, Knicks. YES hosts 2 teams, MSG hosts 4, and SNY hosts 1. Pretty imbalanced. One of the hockey teams should move to SNY to make a 2-3-2 split on three channels. Or Dolan can just give MSG+2 an HD channel. Don't understand why that hasn't happened yet.

There will certainly be a big bidding war when the contract is up in a decade and a half -___-...meanwhile, we'll continue to be 3rd fiddle on MSG...could be worse tho. I'm pretty sure that when both the Isles and Devils are home the Devils get the HD feed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->