OT: Game Center Live Experience

Kellogs

G'night Sweet Prince
Dec 23, 2008
Ottawa
So we just signed up for GCL after cancelling our cable. I must note, we are TML fans and live in SW Ontario. Also should point out that CBC can't be accessed through antenna from my location. So with that being said, according to GCL's website, NO leaf games are available to me in my viewing area. So obviously I need to go the VPN route. My question is once playoffs start is there anyway for me to see them based on location? Should I choose an IP in Europe instead of North America? Will that make any difference? And is that even possible?

Yes, if you choose an IP address in Europe (depends on where in Europe though), you will be able to avoid the blockouts.

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa
Can anyone confirm if I buy Gamecentre on my laptop I'd be able to use it on my iPad and/or Xbox without paying any extra fees? I seem to recall them trying to charge $19.99 for the full Gamecentre App late last season, I don't know if that was on top of the regular price or instead of it.

Kellogs

G'night Sweet Prince
Dec 23, 2008
Ottawa
You can definitely use it on your Xbox without paying anything extra. I'm pretty sure for Apple devices, all you need to do is download the free app and then you log in using your regular Gamecenter account, you'll be able to watch the game. I remember being able to watch live games last year on my iPhone that way, and my friend mentioned he was able to do the same this year. I'm not sure though if you would have to pay extra for the iPad app though.

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa
You can definitely use it on your Xbox without paying anything extra. I'm pretty sure for Apple devices, all you need to do is download the free app and then you log in using your regular Gamecenter account, you'll be able to watch the game. I remember being able to watch live games last year on my iPhone that way, and my friend mentioned he was able to do the same this year. I'm not sure though if you would have to pay extra for the iPad app though.

Sweet. I think I'll spring for it this season.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Well dang, I was all ready to go and buy it and catch some games tonight, and then it turns out the PS3 app isn't even ready. How embarrassing, you think with all the time that the lockout took, they could have gotten the app ready for the inevitable return of hockey.

Looks like hockeystreams is getting my money. **** you NHL.

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa
I'm trying an experiment with this shortened season. I don't usually like watching non-Senators games because they don't have the same excitement without a rooting interest (and rooting against teams isn't my bag). So I'm following Colorado as my western team and I'd like to watch every game, which generally works with 9/9:30pm starts. Except tomorrow they play Columbus timed against the Sens game. :laugh:

NCSENSFAN

Sep 2, 2005
So PS3 is a no go on GCL? I have been on hold for 25 mins with the phone center. They are playing highlights of the BOS/Van cup games.

This sucks

Droc

Classless
Jul 17, 2010
In my house.
Well dang, I was all ready to go and buy it and catch some games tonight, and then it turns out the PS3 app isn't even ready. How embarrassing, you think with all the time that the lockout took, they could have gotten the app ready for the inevitable return of hockey.

Looks like hockeystreams is getting my money. **** you NHL.

they keep pumping ads saying "watch on PC, mobile, PS3 and Xbox"
load of ****

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->