GDT: Game 9: Stars @ Coyotes | Why bother to put an effort into this? Part 2

cobra427

May 6, 2012
The way Derek Morris is playing right now defines the phrase "turn back the clock". He looks like the player he was when he was traded to Colorado. His desire and compete levels are up there with Torres and Smith. And to think I worried about him being a slow starter and not deserving a spot ahead of Stone and Summers :amazed:

Going into the year, I saw DMO as the guy being traded or healthy scratched with all the solid D men on the coyotes. He came to camp like 20 pounds lighter and he is so much quicker now. It seems like the young guys need more strength and size sometimes to not get pushed around and the old guys need to trim down 10-20 pounds to regain the quickness needed in today's game. He is so good right now..

mitch27

Sep 6, 2009
Windsor, Ontario
Finally got around to watching the game. Besides a few gaffes, Schlemko has been awesome. He's probably only behind OEL and Morris at this point. On that note, why doesn;t Yandle see Morris just firing it on net without doing the stupid fake AND IT WORKS. Nick Johnson is amazing. Boedker makes things happen. I still don't think Hanzal is 100%. That was the Smitty we know and love.

Those are my thoughts.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
Finally got around to watching the game. Besides a few gaffes, Schlemko has been awesome. He's probably only behind OEL and Morris at this point. On that note, why doesn;t Yandle see Morris just firing it on net without doing the stupid fake AND IT WORKS. Nick Johnson is amazing. Boedker makes things happen. I still don't think Hanzal is 100%. That was the Smitty we know and love.

Those are my thoughts.

The funny thing about Yandle is for the one goal he has, he did just one-time it, then he went back to doing his fake shot all the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad