GDT: Game 9: Stars @ Coyotes | Why bother to put an effort into this? Part 2

OrrwastheBeatles

Oct 11, 2011
Good luck tonight with the rematch.

Can anyone tell me if Smith will be back in net tonight? I'm guessing no since he played last night, but you never know.

Thanks in advance

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Good luck tonight with the rematch.

Can anyone tell me if Smith will be back in net tonight? I'm guessing no since he played last night, but you never know.

Thanks in advance

I think he will be. I feel if we would have kept Johnson up Smith might get the night off, but Johnson had 2 starts in a row for a reason.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
I noticed Miele was called up and Torres is returning. Do we have any other injuries besides Sullivan and Klesla?

Torres - Vermette - Doan
Boedker - Hanzal - Vrbata
Korpikoski - Gordon - Moss
Bolduc/Bissonnette- Chipchura - Johnson

Gotta imagine Miele and Bolduc will be sent down when Sullivan comes back.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
I guess Sullivan is not back? So..

Korpikoski Vermette Doan
Boedker Hanzal Vrbata
Torres Gordon Moss
Biz Chipchura Johnson

Ekman-Larsson Michalek
Yandle Morris
Schlemko Stone

Smith

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Boedker Vermette Doan
Sullivan Hanzal Vrbata
Korpikoski Lombardi Moss
Torres Gordon Johnson

OEL Michalek
Yandle Morris
Schlemko Klesla

Gotta love what a full strength team looks like, we've been 6 players under strength (Sully, Hanzal, Lombardi, Torres, Klesla, Smith)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The Dallas Stars announced today that forward Ray Whitney has been placed on injured reserve after suffering a lower body injury. The team also announced that they have recalled forward Reilly Smith from the Texas Stars, Dallas' development affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL).

Whitney, 40, leads all Dallas Stars in scoring this season with six points (2G-4A) in eight contests. The veteran forward has scored 1,009 points (367G-642A) in 1,237 career NHL games. Whitney was signed by Dallas as a free agent on July 1, 2012 and was San Jose's second-round selection (23rd) overall in 1991.

Smith, 21, ranks second on the Texas Stars in scoring with 27 points (11G-16A) in 38 AHL games this season. He has gone scoreless in six games for Dallas this season and is still looking to earn his first career NHL point. The Toronto, Ont., native was Dallas' third-round selection (69th overall) in 2009.

Calling it. Reilly Smith with his first goal tonight.

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011
This GDT is missing something. But luckily, I have just what it needs.

raffi3.jpg

raffi1.jpg

raffi2.jpg

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I just want to see a Coyotes victory. I'm tired of the loser point, or no points. We need to start winning games, and now. Season is nearly 1/4 over already.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I want to see a Mike Smith who wants to be with this team next year, not the Mike Smith who got waived two years ago.

Might be putting too much pressure on himself, as much as the team needs him and being in a contract year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad