GDT: Game #9 Rangers (5-2-1) @ Kraken (3-4-1): 6:00 PM PST

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
One silver lining so far: for the second game in a row we have outshot a good team by a 2-1 margin. If we can sustain that advantage or something close to it in future games, it bodes well for the future.

Reactions: wewantyoursoul

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Didn't deserve to lose this but Grubauer cost us the game.

I do think we need to start getting secondary scoring but this team was never going to average 3 goals per game. PP is not producing either.

Reactions: kihei

Cisse

Jun 25, 2016
Forssa

I do think we need to start getting secondary scoring but this team was never going to average 3 goals per game. PP is not producing either.
I wouldn't blame Grubauer much. The firs goal was a great shot from a distance a good scorer often succeeds, not enough time to react and Kreider should never have been that open. The second goal was a soft one the defence didn't do well in that one either.
If we score only one goal we usually don't deserve to win. We got shots but there was not enough quality shots.
The team will gel together more but we still lack a lot of talent and quality. We should have gotten a good free agent or two to make a stronger team.
This season will be what it will be but we should try to get what we need starting on the next draft which might be pretty good actually.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago

It's not Grubauer's fault that there was only one goal. Should be able to outscore a team when they're only scoring twice.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
It's not Grubauer's fault that there was only one goal. Should be able to outscore a team when they're only scoring twice.
This isnt an either or situation, but a BOTH situation IMHO.
Grub needs to play better and Seattle needs to put more pucks into nets.

Not too worried, this is a NEW team, and there will be growing pains like tonight. Frustrating to watch at times, yes, but this time last year I didn’t have a hockey team to frustrate me.

AarG

Oct 11, 2021
Outshot and outplayed the opponent. Rangers are on a really good start to the season which makes our game tonight look even better. I know we did lose the match but we gave a heck of a fight.

Powerplay definitely needs improvement and the team is lacking so called natural goalscoring ability. If I had to pick up a player who needs to step up their game, for me it has to be Jaden Schwartz, not really seeing much from him despite all the ice time he is getting. But then again this was his best game this season so far.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
This isnt an either or situation, but a BOTH situation IMHO.
Grub needs to play better and Seattle needs to put more pucks into nets.

Not too worried, this is a NEW team, and there will be growing pains like tonight. Frustrating to watch at times, yes, but this time last year I didn’t have a hockey team to frustrate me.

At the end of the day, you can win many games allowing only 2 goals but you can’t really win many games only scoring 1 goal. Should he have let it that second goal? No, but a 2 goal day is a great day regardless. I’m not going to place the blame on him.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Outshot and outplayed the opponent. Rangers are on a really good start to the season which makes our game tonight look even better. I know we did lose the match but we gave a heck of a fight.

Powerplay definitely needs improvement and the team is lacking so called natural goalscoring ability. If I had to pick up a player who needs to step up their game, for me it has to be Jaden Schwartz, not really seeing much from him despite all the ice time he is getting. But then again this was his best game this season so far.

Yes, the POWER PLAY. It's so bad.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Schwartz has been dreadful for you guys in the games I’ve seen.

Also Brandon Tanev on your 2nd line is Nashville / Columbus level expansion stuff.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Basically a repeat of the Vancouver game.

Clearly the better team but we can't convert our chances while they take theirs.

Overall I'm OK with the performance, understanding that our lack of (goal scoring)quality will bite us in the a$$ a couple of times even if we outplay our opponents.

Now it's off to Edmonton were Joey's probably allowed to stop McDavid and Draisaitl. :sarcasm:

BTW: I'm not sure why people are down on Grubauer after this one.
The first one was a 2 on 1 and the second one was them being able to move it side to side while the defense was crap.

I know we outshot them but we hardly ever create such high danger chances like we expect Grubaer to save all the time.

Last edited:

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Shestyorkin won that game. Seattle didn’t lose it. Hell, the Rangers didn’t even win it, just Shestyorkin.
As a Rangers fan, I'm quoting this for truth. We got dominated. I was impressed by what I saw of the Kraken last night. They had tons of neutral zone pressure and puck support. The ice was tilted one way for 50 out of the 60 minutes.

Stats seem to support that:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad