Post-Game Talk: Game 9: Predators @ Winnipeg

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
this is a brutal stretch for us right now. 3rd game in 4 nights. Tuesday will be 4 in 6. That is a lot of hockey. I wouldn't be surprised to see us get smacked around one of the next two. Winnepeg played on Tuesday and Friday. They are fresh. Minnesota has played the same schedule we have, except they are off until Tuesday.

Hooray Olympics! blech b2b seasons with condensed schedules

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
First off, lets pour one out to the Atlanta Thrashers. A team aborted by piss poor ownership.

Also, let's see a win for the catbirds amongst the group.

Finally, lets put an Avro Arrow on the ice, yes the damn near mythological supersonic jet that Canada created and blames the US for scraping. Then tell Shea Weber and Ryan Ellis to slap shot that jet straight up the Winterpegger's *****.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Hooray Olympics! blech b2b seasons with condensed schedules

It isn't completely necessary to have that much of a condensed schedule though, the team has 4 stretches (5 really but not sure how long it would take them to get back after the Olympics) where they have 3-4 days off between games. The Olympics take away 2 weeks according to the schedule. That's 5-7 games, so really the condensed part of the schedule should only be 2-3 games that are moved to accommodate this. Also, could the NHL not extend the season out 2 weeks like they did last year for the lockout?

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
It isn't completely necessary to have that much of a condensed schedule though, the team has 4 stretches (5 really but not sure how long it would take them to get back after the Olympics) where they have 3-4 days off between games. The Olympics take away 2 weeks according to the schedule. That's 5-7 games, so really the condensed part of the schedule should only be 2-3 games that are moved to accommodate this. Also, could the NHL not extend the season out 2 weeks like they did last year for the lockout?

Because everyone (said nobody ever) wants to play into almost July :shakehead

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I wish the league would condense there schedule so that the season ends at the end of May, but that's just me ... no way should the playoffs drag into June

Which unless they reduce the number of games, a condensed schedule like that would lead to more seasons like last year when you have half of a team injured.

MrMariusz

Nov 13, 2007
Belgium
Like one of the posters above said, longer hockey seasons means less wait for the next season start. I wont complain about that.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Lots of reasons to play your heart out tonight boys! Get your minds and your wheels in the game.

White Out 403*

Like Wise. F THE PEG .:madfire::madfire::madfire::madfire::madfire:

Dunno why'd you be mad at Winnipeg.... it's not their fault Atlanta couldn't hold down its 2nd chance at NHL.

Jets fan in peace Preds fans, love the Predators and their fans. I went to a Flames/Preds game 3 years ago and I was so impressed with the atmosphere of the building and how welcoming everyone was through out Tennessee.

Should be a fun start to a divisional rivalry; if the Preds get to take shots against Pavelec I put this game at a coin toss. Pavs has been very inconsistent lately and I think I've become the defacto voice of displeasure with him. He does get very hot tho and can steal games.

Trouba vs Seth Jones will have to wait as mr Trouba injured his neck in a scary incident; good news is he will be ok and has a neck brace on for 2 weeks. Good luck tonight!

PS How's Forsberg looking so far? Have him in my pool but yet to see a game of his on TV.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Can't wait to see Weber on the ice and wind up for a shot.

Sure I'll be screaming like a school girl every time he does, but it'll be epic if he breaks a bone, glass or leaves his mark on the boards.

Here's to a good game!

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Tom Callahan @CallahanPBP said:
Hutton will go tonight for Nashville. Looks likely Setoguchi returns to the Jets lineup.

Looks like Hutton gets the start. Time to show us what he has.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Also, although we kinda knew this already

Ken Wiebe @WiebeSunSports said:
Trotz did confirm that #Preds F Mike Fisher remains day-to-day with a lower-body injury and won't play vs #NHLJets

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Hey guys, condolonces on the Titans game, my buddy is a big Titans fan. Good luck tonight, looking forward most to seeing Josi and Seth Jones. His winner against Montreal was sick and I hate the Habs.

I can see a 3-2 shootout game tonight. Good luck tonight.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Hey guys, condolonces on the Titans game, my buddy is a big Titans fan. Good luck tonight, looking forward most to seeing Josi and Seth Jones. His winner against Montreal was sick and I hate the Habs.

I can see a 3-2 shootout game tonight. Good luck tonight.

Josi has been out since being elbowed in the head by Downie against Colorado.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad