PGT: Game 9: Czech Republic 1 - Russia 2

Christien

May 1, 2010
Good period by Pekar. Necas and Kaut have had a few good looks. Everyone on Zadina's line can't even move the puck... Why put a pure goal scorer on a line with players that can't even get the puck to him? Makes no sense. Czech powerplay looked awful too

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I feel like Varada will eventually demote Zadina to 4th line because he's not scoring enough while completely not understanding that Zadina's big problem is how he is being deployed!

Also, that powerplay was disgusting.. that was before the goal against.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
I mean why doesn't the coaching staff swap the lines? Its obvious Zadina needs another top guy to convert, his linemates seem too nervous or lost.. Necas or Pekar should be on Zadinas line in order for him to convert their quality passes..

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Czechs seem to have more speed and determination to their game than russians, esp in the o zone despite that bad looking PP. Russians, as you can always expect with Bragin/Znarok in charge, tend to lean back, play the zone defense and strike back with counters.

Reactions: theVladiator

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Jan Kern doesn't belong to this level. Why is Jenik sitting again.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Denisenko has big holes in his game... and a low hockey sense.
I mean I don't see hockey sense at all there. You can tell from the looks of just a couple of shifts why he struggles to put up respectable numbers even at the junior level. No feel of linemates whatsoever, just takes the puck runs up ice, gives it away, and back to the bench with a bum ass look.

Reactions: Svenhart2008

Svenhart2008

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
I mean I don't see hockey sense at all there. You can tell from the looks of just a couple of shifts why he struggles to put up respectable numbers even at the junior level. No feel of linemates whatsoever, just takes the puck runs up ice, gives it away, and back to the bench like with a bum ass look.

His linemates are rendered ineffective exactly due to what you just described. And those are your two biggest weapons arguably. That first line is also not getting a ton of ice time.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Just a thought; In the 1987 Canada Cup, Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux were played on different lines... until the big games when it mattered. We know how that worked out. It’s possible that Varada is sitting on this move for now, trying to prevent teams from getting an early read on the line’s tendencies.

I like this thought but for czech coaches it sounds too much far-sighted to be the case.

Reactions: Wooren

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->