Goal-Day Thread Game 9: Canucks @ Coyotes | 10/25/2018 7:00 p.m. PDT | FS-A

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Did they get new lighting in your barn for this season? The arena looks different on TV.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I loved the physicality from Crouse, the team seemed to feed off of it too. Kuemper looked good again, great to see him turn it around. Keller running into that dman's elbow with his face is one of the most bizarre things I've seen in a long time, especially from a player as generally smart and aware as Keller.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I loved the physicality from Crouse, the team seemed to feed off of it too. Kuemper looked good again, great to see him turn it around. Keller running into that dman's elbow with his face is one of the most bizarre things I've seen in a long time, especially from a player as generally smart and aware as Keller.
Gudbranson was like “Why, dude? Just why?”

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
We were slow both skating and passing tonight. That Keller Galchenyuk Crouse line just looks out of synch. I can see why Montreal preferred Galchenyuk at wing. I'd love to see him working more on getting in position to shoot and letting someone else carry the puck. I do like Crouse having Keller's back though. Whether you like fighting or not, teams have been taking shots at Keller since last season. It's not going to stop unless he gets more established as a star in the league or teams have to pay a price for messing with him.

I know I've said this before and made a thread about it but Strome is a completely different player when he plays with skilled wingers. I still think we're wasting his talent. He looks so deflated. You can see how he just drops he head and skates off frustrated after some shifts. Then he gets benched while Crouse was out and Cousins gets bumped to the first line. I just don't get it. Wish we had media that asked tough questions and pushed for real answers.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Gudbranson was like “Why, dude? Just why?”
Seemed like a few yotes went to talk to him after. I'd love to hear the conversation. "No really, I didn't even move. He skated into my elbow. Every other time I've said this it's been BS, this time it actually happened."

Reactions: Name Nameless

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Just back from the game. Observations -
Wins are always enjoyable.
The goal horn works.
Did I say wins are enjoyable?

Tell us. Can't be told to often. :laugh:.

How was the crowd, better than expected? The Canuckers talked about the empty seats. But it didn't look so bad to me, on a Thursday night.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Just got home from the game. IMO our defense was actually quite good, despite the very sloppy passing. The forwards were losing most of the battles to Vancouver. Both teams were fast, Vancouver was harder on the puck. Goligoski's goal was highlight reel. If you haven't seen it, check it out.

Our PK is a thing of beauty. It is as aggressive as any I have ever seen, taking away time and space from the puck holder. PP needs more work. Posesion time is OK but movement away from the puck is not good.

It's nice to see the Coyotes win a game without holding on for dear life. However, if they play like this on Saturday against the Bolts, they will get blown out of their own barn.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
The center ice lower bowl seats were basically empty. Seemed to be more people in the uppers. I'm assuming a slow start and scoring 0 goals at home prior to this game may have had some effect on crowd size. I've seen a lot worse.
Thursday night game. Heavy rush hour traffic. I got caught in it from about the Broadway curve almost to the 202

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
Nice win although we didn't play that well. Nice to get some goals and win the game.

Kuemper looked good. I really am impressed at how much better Fischer looks. He has an extra gear. He is the surprise of the year to me so far.
I like Hinistroza's game. He needs to be separated from Richardson and Grabner. Move Strome up to play with Hino and someone. Strome did not have a good game.

The defense played well. Seemed like Connauton was everywhere in period #3. Nice goal by Gogo. Give Gally a few games. He should really start to be effective.
No reason Cousins should be out there taking faceoffs in the defensive zone over Strome. No reason for him to be up on the top line playing center either. Every offensive possession when he handles the puck - the play dies. He holds onto the puck too long.

Our PK is really good. We have 3 shorthanded goals and have only given up 2 PP goals. That is impressive so far.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Galchenyuk still looking rusty but the points will come his shot is just slighty off. 2nd game in a row he should have burried 2. Nice to see the top line generating scoring chances and high danger scoring chances.

Thats a nice top 6 with Galchenyuk and Stepan at center.

Reactions: Mosby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad