Post-Game Talk: Game 9 - BRUINS 4 Ottawa 1 F

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Just got home from the game, Carlo was a Beast, hands down the best player on the ice and thats saying something with Pasta having a 4 point night. Wasn't overly impressed with Rask. His defense bailed him out on numerous occasions as his rebound control was terrible. Carlo should get the W.

Very impressed with Bjork, thought he played extremely well, He was engaged all night. Donato looked good as well,you can see the skill. I think in time it will just click for him and he'll take -off. Kampfer had good a game and didn't look out of place but on a few occasions him and Pasta crossed wires.

Over-all it was a good win but when one of the big three aren't on the ice, the offense is limited, and it showed again tonight.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
FROM THE OTTAWA SUN YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Borowiecki wasn’t about to use a visit by the National Hockey League’s department of player safety to the Canadian Tire Centre on Monday for his own agenda.
But the Senators alternate captain isn’t happy with a hit from behind by Montreal Canadiens forward Brendan Gallagher during Ottawa’s 4-3 overtime victory Saturday night.
Gallagher was assesses a boarding penalty at 11:34 of the first period, but some felt that, given how Borowiecki had been hit, there could have been further discipline from George Parros and the department of player safety.
The subject didn’t come up when Parros and Patrick Burke dropped into the building Monday morning to meet with the management, coaching staff and players before practice, however Borowiecki thought Gallagher should have been disciplined.
“The principal point of impact was the base of my skull,” Borowiecki said Monday. “I just don’t understand that. George is someone I really respect and I really respected him when he played, he’s got a hard job. You’ve got a lot of people barking at you.
“‘One of the comments in the meeting was, ‘Some guys are going to go down and some aren’t, and that factors into it’. That maybe rubbed me the wrong way a little bit. Because I’m big and strong and I can get up from a hit like that, if I put Gallagher in a position like that and I hit him, chances are it’s going to be ugly and I would wager the chances are I’m going to get games.”
Borowiecki said the league needed to do a better job cracking down on these incidents.
“I think you’ve got to make sure guys aren’t taking liberties on certain players because of who they are and because they’re strong. That was a hit I don’t like and I wasn’t happy about it. I told Gallagher I thought it was a dangerous hit.

“I understand George has an incredibly hard job and I respect him for it. I certainly never in a million years would want that position, and I think he’s taken it head-on and he realizes that there’s going to be criticism. That’s just the nature of the beast.”
Borowiecki missed games with a concussion last year and doesn’t want to have any further problems.
“Hey, I don’t have the tinted visor on for style points. It looks cool but that’s from rehabbing from a really bad concussion,” Borowiecki said. “It’s one of those things where if you have watched me play, it’s changed my mindset a little bit. I’m not out there trying to rip guy’s heads off.
“I’m playing hard and through the body. I hit guys square on. I’ve been suspended, and I’ve had incidents, but for the most part, for the amount of hits I lay, I do the best I can to hit square on and not hurt guys. You kind of expect and hope for the same kind of respect from everyone.”
Borowiecki said he didn’t want to make the meeting about him.
“I didn’t want to be that guy who whines about hits on me. If it had been a hit on my teammate, I happily would’ve,” Borowiecki said. “I’m not going to sit there and cry about something that’s happened to me. That’s not me and I didn’t want to do that in front of my teammates.
“We all talked about it after the game and we all thought it was a bad hit, but I’m not going to sit there and drag my lip about it and plead my case.”
Parros is visiting all 31 teams to discuss player safety and met with the Boston Bruins on Monday before they skated in Ottawa.

Do you think he feels the same way today about his cheap shot?????????

What a hypocritical POS phony, cowardly puke.

Reactions: BBruins

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
That play by Borowiecki is indefensible.

He looks right at Vaak, and forarms/elbows him square in the face.

**** that, make an example NHL.
Real curios to see what the NHL does.If Matheson got 2 games for throwing a player down onto the ice, who ended up with a concussion. Borowieki should get double that for deliberately targeting the head with his elbow and giving a player a concussion

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

yep, then Z gets called on a hook I believe that was brutal.

In this day and age, at a time when the NHL "claims" to give a rats arse about brain injuries, there will be no excuse for that toolbox not to get suspended yet......won`t be at all shocked if he gets zippo

Good win, thought Tuukka made the saves when he needed to, Haggs won`t mention his 38 save performance but whatever, bloody shame Vaak was knocked out with that BS

not often am I found on the side of Button but he`s bang on here

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/game/boston-bruins-ottawa-senators-20181023

Reactions: BMC

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Pasta must be near the top of the league in Points/60, seems like every big 4+ point night he's somehow doing it with 13-14 minutes of ice time lol. Guess that'll happen with a lot of PK's and only 2 minutes of PP time for the Bruins in the game though.

Nordstorm actually had the second most tonight with over 18 minutes and Bergy was first with 19 minutes.

I like Nordy.

Crash Bandicoot

Sobriety isn't for wimps.
Feb 25, 2016
Definitely like what I saw from the D-men and Rask was good. Remember this is Ottowa. Krejci played like a good 4th line center who, like a blind squirrel, finds a nut once and a while. He'll disappear again and soon. As for celebrating this team because by comparing with others let me remind anyone that they are still one dimensional and in the playoffs won't last 1 round. The lines have to change before the team jettisons its youth movement for another Belesky, Hayes, or some other end of their career has been. The time to get your youth involved is pairing them with better talent already in the lineup. IMO

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT

I’d like to see 10 games, but there’s no way. Anything less than 5 is criminal...

So he’ll get 2.

If you can bring yourself to defend that elbow you are truly a pathetic hack. It was as dirty as they come...

Reactions: TCB

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Pasta must be near the top of the league in Points/60, seems like every big 4+ point night he's somehow doing it with 13-14 minutes of ice time lol. Guess that'll happen with a lot of PK's and only 2 minutes of PP time for the Bruins in the game though.

Nordstorm actually had the second most tonight with over 18 minutes and Bergy was first with 19 minutes.

I like Nordy.

8th 5 on 5

Geno
Pettersson
Arvidsson
Kessel
Cizikas
Silfverberg
Bergeron
Pastrnak
Rantanen
Matthews

Reactions: Emerz

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Definitely like what I saw from the D-men and Rask was good. Remember this is Ottowa. Krejci played like a good 4th line center who, like a blind squirrel, finds a nut once and a while. He'll disappear again and soon. As for celebrating this team because by comparing with others let me remind anyone that they are still one dimensional and in the playoffs won't last 1 round. The lines have to change before the team jettisons its youth movement for another Belesky, Hayes, or some other end of their career has been. The time to get your youth involved is pairing them with better talent already in the lineup. IMO
You silly goose we don’t need some rookie poster reminding us it’s Ottawa and they are one dimensional

That they won’t last 1 round shows you got some bad programming- who the f*** knows but you painting a doom and gloom REMINDS me of chumps not chimps that used to be here.

ELEVATE!!!!

Krejci had a strong game and I’m liking that line

Bruins can hit the 10 game point with 14 points with a win tomorrow not bad considering they opened with the Stanley Cup champs banner raising and 3 teams home opener

Add in injuries, new guys, playing with 7 & 8 defense depth, a western road trip, being one dimensional and eating only monkeys and squirrels that’s pretty good

Last edited:

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Rask was good last night, not great! His rebound control was bad but he made the saves when we needed and more importantly, didn't give up any softies.
Carlo was also good but I think the extended minutes he played were taking a toll on him. He made some bad plays in his own end and wasn't quite strong enough on the puck in a few instances. But in saying that, he still was the best dman out there.
The first line was great, as usual. Krejci also had a very strong game and Debrusk was flying. Heinen besides passing to Pasta in the 1st was useless I thought. Bjork was flying and I'd like to see a line of him Krejci and Debrusk.
Nordstrom is getting a lot of praise and yes he's playign well but he's not a 3C. Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner should be our 4th, Acciari should be 13th man.
Once again, very disappointed with Marshy feeling the need to be the guy to challange Smith. Once again, disappointed that no one goes after Borocop for that cheap shot elbow on Vaak. People can say what they want about the NHL going a different way, more speed and skill but there's always going to be a need for guys who can police on the ice and right now, our best shot is a 42 year old Chara who we can't afford to be off the ice for 2-5-10 totaling 17 minutes for fighting.

Time for Donny and Cam to address this need before any of our other players get hurt!

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Fun game to watch and attend , Saturday will be a good test as the habs look very balanced with their 4 lines and we are pretty top heavy with only 4 forwards producing points. Hope the Bruins dress some muscle bc I predict the habs will be taking liberties as they are feeling confident

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->