Post-Game Talk: Game 9 - BRUINS 4 Ottawa 1 F

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
FROM THE OTTAWA SUN YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Borowiecki wasn’t about to use a visit by the National Hockey League’s department of player safety to the Canadian Tire Centre on Monday for his own agenda.
But the Senators alternate captain isn’t happy with a hit from behind by Montreal Canadiens forward Brendan Gallagher during Ottawa’s 4-3 overtime victory Saturday night.
Gallagher was assesses a boarding penalty at 11:34 of the first period, but some felt that, given how Borowiecki had been hit, there could have been further discipline from George Parros and the department of player safety.
The subject didn’t come up when Parros and Patrick Burke dropped into the building Monday morning to meet with the management, coaching staff and players before practice, however Borowiecki thought Gallagher should have been disciplined.
“The principal point of impact was the base of my skull,” Borowiecki said Monday. “I just don’t understand that. George is someone I really respect and I really respected him when he played, he’s got a hard job. You’ve got a lot of people barking at you.
“‘One of the comments in the meeting was, ‘Some guys are going to go down and some aren’t, and that factors into it’. That maybe rubbed me the wrong way a little bit. Because I’m big and strong and I can get up from a hit like that, if I put Gallagher in a position like that and I hit him, chances are it’s going to be ugly and I would wager the chances are I’m going to get games.”
Borowiecki said the league needed to do a better job cracking down on these incidents.
“I think you’ve got to make sure guys aren’t taking liberties on certain players because of who they are and because they’re strong. That was a hit I don’t like and I wasn’t happy about it. I told Gallagher I thought it was a dangerous hit.

“I understand George has an incredibly hard job and I respect him for it. I certainly never in a million years would want that position, and I think he’s taken it head-on and he realizes that there’s going to be criticism. That’s just the nature of the beast.”
Borowiecki missed games with a concussion last year and doesn’t want to have any further problems.
“Hey, I don’t have the tinted visor on for style points. It looks cool but that’s from rehabbing from a really bad concussion,” Borowiecki said. “It’s one of those things where if you have watched me play, it’s changed my mindset a little bit. I’m not out there trying to rip guy’s heads off.
“I’m playing hard and through the body. I hit guys square on. I’ve been suspended, and I’ve had incidents, but for the most part, for the amount of hits I lay, I do the best I can to hit square on and not hurt guys. You kind of expect and hope for the same kind of respect from everyone.”
Borowiecki said he didn’t want to make the meeting about him.
“I didn’t want to be that guy who whines about hits on me. If it had been a hit on my teammate, I happily would’ve,” Borowiecki said. “I’m not going to sit there and cry about something that’s happened to me. That’s not me and I didn’t want to do that in front of my teammates.
“We all talked about it after the game and we all thought it was a bad hit, but I’m not going to sit there and drag my lip about it and plead my case.”
Parros is visiting all 31 teams to discuss player safety and met with the Boston Bruins on Monday before they skated in Ottawa.

Do you think he feels the same way today about his cheap shot?????????
:mad::madfire::rant:

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Yep. Borowiecki looked right at him and elbowed him in the face.

What a prick. I keep hoping Marchand will hip check the shit out of him again sometime, but it keeps not happening.

And speaking of which, what the hell is it with marchand and zack smith? Isn't tonight the second time they've fought this year? And has Brad ever fought this many times in one season?

Reactions: Strafer

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Great game by Carlo, he is realizing his potential. Getting more comfortable handling the puck (not in OT, lol). He is using his size and hitting and is getting so much better at moving the puck.

Nordy, Bjork, Heinen, the top line, Rask the dee all played good, solid effort all around, every line did something. Most of all the protected the net, limiting the chances in front. Skated hard and used each other properly.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
What a prick. I keep hoping Marchand will hip check the **** out of him again sometime, but it keeps not happening.

And speaking of which, what the hell is it with marchand and zack smith? Isn't tonight the second time they've fought this year? And has Brad ever fought this many times in one season?
nah, he fought Lars Eller earlier this year.

Reactions: Krupp

easton117

Nov 11, 2017

"It's okay Pasta, you deserved to be a star of the game too" :laugh:

The guy doing the stars of the game is probably from the same family as that ass hat who stole the puck from those kids at the Washington game last night.

That family is everywhere. Bred like rabbits years ago and they’re just f***ing everywhere

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Whether you want to blame Carlo or not for what happened in OT the other night, he has been pretty much lights out the last 4 games. He had some up and down moments last year, but he’s honestly playing some of his best hockey that I’ve seen him play since his rookie year and that was with chara as his safety net. Now he’s the safety net for other guys. Really impressed with him lately.

Reactions: Strafer

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
What a prick. I keep hoping Marchand will hip check the **** out of him again sometime, but it keeps not happening.

I don't think so.

He jumped Eller ("though not in a dirty way") earlier. I will say this: When you're relying on Brad Marchand to take care of the fistacuffs, you're in trouble. Not only does he give up several inches to almost anyone he takes on, what if he gets injured?

I understand that Shawn Thornton isn't walking through that door, but either the bigger boys take the reigns or the B's better go get someone(s) who can.

And by the way, go get a second & third line while you're at it.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Carlo was amazing and Chara was terrible. As per usual the top line carried the team.

Drastic secondary scoring is needed ASAP.

Rask was great and poor Vaak went down. What's that 4 d men out. Ouch!

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Carlo played 28:28 and saved two goals. What a game for him.

Awesome game from Carlo. Even without the two saves. Some ups and downs, but that is to be expected when you play nearly half the game on the ice. Again, I think he played a good 3-zone game. People poke fun at his lack of scoring, but I think he'll put out 20-30 points in his prime from tools alone.

Reactions: BBruins

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
I don't think so.

He jumped Eller ("though not in a dirty way") earlier. I will say this: When you're relying on Brad Marchand to take care of the fistacuffs, you're in trouble. Not only does he give up several inches to almost anyone he takes on, what if he gets injured?

I understand that Shawn Thornton isn't walking through that door, but either the bigger boys take the reigns or the B's better go get someone(s) who can.

And by the way, go get a second & third line while you're at it.

I guess Wagner isn't that kind of guy who'll answer the bell?

This is definitely something I DO miss about McQuaid; he'd be the one to take a guy like Borowieki and put the fear of Adam in him!

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
How in holy HE double hockey sticks is the Johansson line leading this?!
how are they even in the discussion over the Kuznetsov/Ovechkin line?

With that said, the only line that gives the Bergeron line a run for its money is that Avalanche first line. Those guys are on fire right now and MacKinnon is truly elite. The Bergeron line is the better all around line though when you consider Bergeron & Marchand are also the Bruins top 2 PK forwards.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Why is Marchy carrying the teams water when it comes to answering the bell. Bruins need some jam in the lineup with Miller out and McQuaid gone. He breaks a hand there on Smith's ugly face, the Bruins are really done.

Reactions: BBruins and Strafer

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Watched this in pieces but enjoyed it quite a bit. Great action both ends of the ice. Loved the jump from the offense. Sox stole the shine tonight, but the Bruins were very much on their game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad