GDT: Game 9: Avs at Flyers | 5 PM MT | October 22, 2018 | When East Meets West...

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Landeskog.... Rantanen.... MacKinnon... amazing. :) Landy scoring like crazy, really happy for him, couldn't foresee this. Perhaps we are witnessing his real breakthrough to stardom if continuing like this? Having a great first line is both fun and important.

Rantanen & Landeskog exploding... hmmm could be interesting with more Swedish and Finnish fans in this forum... I will do my best to remain calm and peaceful :-D Colorado uniting us.

Not sure if I ever have seen <15 minutes of icetime for Nemeth when playing for Colorado, interesting? Guess the competition is getting tougher and perhaps the Avs slowly shifting focus to a more offensive game. Zadorov perhaps a bit more disciplined as well, it helps. ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: AvsMakar08

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
When it comes to Nemeth, it's encouraged.

...:sarcasm:

Don't push it... ;-)

Competition is great, will be really interesting to see if Nemeth will be able to take another step or not, I honestly don't know. I believe the Avs need his physical presence and strength though.

Last edited:
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Nemeth has been fine. A big reason why is they've limited his minutes, for the most part. I like him and Z together, actually.

I think the way they distributed the ice last night for the D was strong. At even strength, the top 4 were EJ, Girard, Barrie, and Z. Cole and Nemeth took up a lot of PK time. To me, that's how they should be doing it, but obviously it's hard to be consistent every game. It also would help if Barrie started to be better, since he's getting a lot of ice and not doing much with it.

In a rare stat that likely will flip sooner than later, Z has actually drawn more penalties to put the Avs on the PP (3) than he has taken to put the Avs on the PK (2).

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Nemeth has been fine. A big reason why is they've limited his minutes, for the most part. I like him and Z together, actually.

I think the way they distributed the ice last night for the D was strong. At even strength, the top 4 were EJ, Girard, Barrie, and Z. Cole and Nemeth took up a lot of PK time. To me, that's how they should be doing it, but obviously it's hard to be consistent every game. It also would help if Barrie started to be better, since he's getting a lot of ice and not doing much with it.

I’m okay with Barrie’s play as long as he produces on the PP and doesnt make any brain fart plays defensively.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Barrie always starts slow. It is never fun to go through, but 6 years into full time NHL duty we should know that is his MO.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
BTW, it's not often, even when the Flyers have a bad game, that Claude Giroux is made out to look bad, but the Avs at least succeeded in doing just that last night. Landy rushed him in that offensive zone faceoff and G bobbled the pass, leading to the turnover that led to the breakaway and third goal of the night. I also believe he was on the ice when Nieto finally got the monkey off his back.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Barrie has picked up where he left off in the playoffs. At that time there was talk of an injury or maybe he was being asked to do too much with EJ out but it's a new season now and the same thing. There's just no urgency in his game right now to the point where at times you see him let forecheckers go by him and take the puck rather than hustling back to get it. That's more frustrating than the lack of production because we know that'll come eventually.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Barrie has picked up where he left off in the playoffs. At that time there was talk of an injury or maybe he was being asked to do too much with EJ out but it's a new season now and the same thing. There's just no urgency in his game right now to the point where at times you see him let forecheckers go by him and take the puck rather than hustling back to get it. That's more frustrating than the lack of production because we know that'll come eventually.
He isn't putting up points because PP1 isn't really scoring. That's where he gets a lot of his points.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
He isn't putting up points because PP1 isn't really scoring. That's where he gets a lot of his points.

Last season was the first year that Barrie really got a ton of PP points.

Quick fact: from 2015-16 to 2017-18, Barrie was 2nd in the NHL in even strength points as a defenseman. We all know who was 1st.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Last season was the first year that Barrie really got a ton of PP points.

Quick fact: from 2015-16 to 2017-18, Barrie was 2nd in the NHL in even strength points as a defenseman. We all know who was 1st.
I did not know that. I barely notice him except on the PP

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Well, that’s your problem.

I’m not sure how you don’t notice 50+ point defensemen who drive the play at even strength.

Didn’t even need to be said, bruh.
I'm talking about this year. I obviously noticed him last year. I may be noticing him less because we have a more competent D core this year. I'm a big Barrie fan, but the Avs need to figure out where he can produce more this season.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I'm talking about this year. I obviously noticed him last year. I may be noticing him less because we have a more competent D core this year. I'm a big Barrie fan, but the Avs need to figure out where he can produce more this season.

He has sucked to start the year, there’s no sugarcoating it. You’re right. We know he will wake up in about 2 weeks and go on a tear. The body of work speaks for itself.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
He has sucked to start the year, there’s no sugarcoating it. You’re right. We know he will wake up in about 2 weeks and go on a tear. The body of work speaks for itself.
I just find it strange considering the teams success. Girard/Johnson must be getting most of the time with Macks line.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Reading some comments around here I feel like this team is a finely tuned Ferrari Daytona Spyder...some others make me feel like it's a f***ing AMC Gremlin.

How is there such a disconnect between our own fan-base?

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
On another team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad