Post-Game Talk: Game 84, same as the previous 83.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
When Drake f***ing Caggiula has more nastiness and aggression to his game tonight than majority of the bottom 6 players, you know this roster looks more worse. Where the f*** is Kassian? Still asleep like last season, he can GTFO too.

Reactions: MessierII

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I'm okay with yam sticking around for a couple more games. He really came alive in the third. I wouldn't have an issue sending him down either though.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Missed the first 50 or so minutes of the game, how was our PP? Bouchard was again the only defenseman that can make a crisp clean pass by my eye.

Same as last game. Outright laughable, all lefties/all righties complete with dump-in zone entries for some incomprehensible reason.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
If Todd doesn't bench Benning next game, he needs to go! Brodziak was benched to send a message? This team is in trouble and it's only game 2! Maybe the Saturday afternoon game will be better..........0-3 incoming

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'm not sure how anyone can look up and down this trash roster, watch tonights game and decide that Draisaitl should be the scapegoat.

He was one of only a few players on the team actually creating scoring chances. Most of these guys can't even keep the puck on their stick for more than a second.

Yamamoto needs to be in the AHL.
He hasn't been good. There are no scapegoats, but he needs to be better. The guy is legitimately asleep for half the game. Agreed on Yamamoto. Send Bouchard down before #10.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Drai looked better tonight than he has so far. Starting to put it together. I would play him with McDavid and let Nuge be 2C. Doesn’t appear to be any benefit to having Nuge with connor right now but Drai looks dangerous every time he plays with Connor.

Maybe it's just me, but I found him to be generally useless all game. When you have an 8.5 million dollar price tag on you, you're expected to be at least average.

Overall, I've never seen such little offensive pressure from a hockey team. Not due to coaching, not due to reffing, just due to a pure lack of talent. Was there a single shift where the Oilers spent more than 30 seconds in the offensive zone? In both the Jersey and Boston games.

For those wanting Pulju up in the lineup tonight, the dude literally did absolutely nothing all night. Like there is only so much you can blame on who he is playing with. He was horrendous.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Honestly... we don't lose special teams full tilt and we dont have Benning posterizing himself all game... this is likely a close game.

Reactions: Mez

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Nuge and Rattie have done absolutely nothing so far. Nuge came close on the pp but 5 on 5 those two have nothing going.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Boston dodged a huuuuge bullet by not signing that cupcake in Benning.

Wait. Cupcakes are actually pretty good. Brussels Sprouts are kinda gross so Benning is a brussell sprout.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
So if Todd is sticking around still I would rather send all of Yamamoto, Puljujarvi, and Bouchard down. This guy is an absolute clown.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Lucic - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Khaira - Strome - Yamamoto

Nurse - Bouchard
Russell - literally anyone that isn't Benning

It's not rocket science here.
Hell no. Nurse has been awful too. Russell has been miles better than him.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Puljujarvi looks done. Reason being, because he knows no matter what he does is not good enough for McLellan and he will eventually be overlooked. The confidence slowly eroding into the darkness....as he fumbles his way around the ice by the end of game 2......

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If Todd doesn't bench Benning next game, he needs to go! Brodziak was benched to send a message? This team is in trouble and it's only game 2! Maybe the Saturday afternoon game will be better..........0-3 incoming
No. He needs to go. Those special teams are a tire fire again and this team loses its morale at the drop of a hat. These aren't the faults of a new system.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sanchez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->