Post-Game Talk: Game 84, same as the previous 83.

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016
I guess we have a season of watching Benning racking up assists for the other team. I bet he gets more minutes next game.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Benning puts in another solid effort tonight. Put in Garrison, Bear or basically anyone on earth to replace him.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Missed the first 50 or so minutes of the game, how was our PP? Bouchard was again the only defenseman that can make a crisp clean pass by my eye.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
All the Benning prolifers need to come and take their L now instead of waiting until the summer going to some statline and pretending like our eyes are lying to us when we see him play 80 games a year just like the last 2 he played.

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
We played a solid 3 mins and 43 seconds of hockey to start the game but it was the same ol' garbage after the McDavid goal.

edit: spelling

Last edited:

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
I actually had to defend Ceci > Benning just a few weeks ago.
What an awful player. Anything more than 12 mins a night v easy comp and he's complete trash.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Drai looked better tonight than he has so far. Starting to put it together. I would play him with McDavid and let Nuge be 2C. Doesn’t appear to be any benefit to having Nuge with connor right now but Drai looks dangerous every time he plays with Connor.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I'm not sure how anyone can look up and down this trash roster, watch tonights game and decide that Draisaitl should be the scapegoat.

He was one of only a few players on the team actually creating scoring chances. Most of these guys can't even keep the puck on their stick for more than a second.

Yamamoto needs to be in the AHL.
I seen too many plays die Yama’s stick. I like Benson better

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
TMac is a terrible coach. He is losing us games. The team isn't terrible but stupid decision making is costing us games. We were promised a new system but this looks the same. We were promised new pking but ours is worse. We were promised better powerplay but the idiot has 5 lefties on at the same time. It;s almost like he knows a right handed shot will make it so much better so he waits till his job is truly on the line.

Boston were frankly not good at all. We lost the game ourselves.

Also that reffing was brutal.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Yamamoto showed good hustle but honestly he was flubbing scoring opportunities like he was 2016-17 Caggiula. Isn't his thing supposed to be quick to get the puck off his stick? He really, really needs to work on that. Really frustrating to watch.

Overall, better game than last but still miserable to watch. Infuriating to see the dump ins/ringing the puck along the boards INCREASE, not decrease, as the game wore on. You'd think they'd try to actually make plays once firmly behind...

Also, Pulju looks totally broken. So that's great. No hustle at all today.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Ok, that's enough, time for drastic measures!

4c1.gif

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Time to swap Drai and RNH..

Drai-McD-Rattie
Lucic-RNH-Yama
Strome-Brodziak-Kassian
Caggiula-Khaira-Pulju

Reactions: McOvechking

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad