GDT: Game 82: Vegas Golden Knights @ Los Angeles Kings | 7:30PM | Please enter a valid title

82 Games...

• Total voters

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
VGK WIN!!!!!!!! Oh wait we were the white team.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Aurinko

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
They finished last year almost exactly the same over the final 20 games including a 7-1 loss to the Flames in game 82. If they lose it won't be because of anything that has happened in the last month.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
They finished last year almost exactly the same over the final 20 games including a 7-1 loss to the Flames in game 82. If they lose it won't be because of anything that has happened in the last month.

I was thinking earlier that I couldn’t remember game 82 last season.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
We were just trying to get all our bad games out of the way. It’s the same reason we keep hitting posts and losing interference challenges. Things will even out in the next few months and our opponents will be the ones complaining about their bad luck.

Things will change in the playoffs and we will go 16-0.

Reactions: Guns n Roses

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
We were just trying to get all our bad games out of the way. It’s the same reason we keep hitting posts and losing interference challenges. Things will even out in the next few months and our opponents will be the ones complaining about their bad luck.

Things will change in the playoffs and we will go 16-0.
Yep 16-0 Incoming.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Not the game I had hoped for, but given the scratches I suppose it's what we should have expected. :(

Having some bad feels going into the series vs Sharks, which may be good as I'm usually wrong about these things, but the VGKs have not looked good since the initial effect of the Stone Age wore off. Couldn't even get that one point to clinch the playoff spot and had to back in thanks to the Avs.

I'm trying to blame things on Malcolm since he played so many games during that stretch, but can't put it all on him I don't think. Maybe we really were just coasting, and I'd like to think we can just flip the switch and turn it back on Wednesday, but I don't know if it's so easy. :dunno:

Also, Flower was outstanding before his paternity leave, but now has given up 8 in 2. Again, I know we have to blame others on the ice, but does anyone else feel like Flower hasn't been so sharp these last two games? I know he's had to knock the rust off, but I keep replaying that stop he bobbled last night and let the rebound get away for a Sharks goal. Flower has looked solid often in these last two games, but I think if we're gonna advance we need the kind of performance from him as we did last season's playoffs...surrealish. (Insert spooky theme music here.)

I knew there would be regression this season, just had to be. But after the first 20 games without Schmidly, I was afraid we were gonna land a lot harder than even I imagined. Even making the playoffs looked questionable then.

But going into this season my own private goal/hope was that we'd at least make the playoffs. That way we could say we're the only team to have never missed the playoffs! :laugh: So I'm fairly satisfied with this season, and if we do get past the Sharks I'll think it a bonus. :thumbu:

Confession: I'm rambling because I'm trying to put off vacuuming the abode. :laugh:

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Not the game I had hoped for, but given the scratches I suppose it's what we should have expected. :(

Having some bad feels going into the series vs Sharks, which may be good as I'm usually wrong about these things, but the VGKs have not looked good since the initial effect of the Stone Age wore off. Couldn't even get that one point to clinch the playoff spot and had to back in thanks to the Avs.

I'm trying to blame things on Malcolm since he played so many games during that stretch, but can't put it all on him I don't think. Maybe we really were just coasting, and I'd like to think we can just flip the switch and turn it back on Wednesday, but I don't know if it's so easy. :dunno:

Also, Flower was outstanding before his paternity leave, but now has given up 8 in 2. Again, I know we have to blame others on the ice, but does anyone else feel like Flower hasn't been so sharp these last two games? I know he's had to knock the rust off, but I keep replaying that stop he bobbled last night and let the rebound get away for a Sharks goal. Flower has looked solid often in these last two games, but I think if we're gonna advance we need the kind of performance from him as we did last season's playoffs...surrealish. (Insert spooky theme music here.)

I knew there would be regression this season, just had to be. But after the first 20 games without Schmidly, I was afraid we were gonna land a lot harder than even I imagined. Even making the playoffs looked questionable then.

But going into this season my own private goal/hope was that we'd at least make the playoffs. That way we could say we're the only team to have never missed the playoffs! :laugh: So I'm fairly satisfied with this season, and if we do get past the Sharks I'll think it a bonus. :thumbu:

Confession: I'm rambling because I'm trying to put off vacuuming the abode. :laugh:
Get a Roomba, or throw icing sugar everywhere call up the feds say a drug kingpin threw cocaine all over your house and watch them vacuum it up as evidence. :laugh:

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Last 2 games were against Arizona and LA, not exactly great offenses, and Subban lets in 8 goals. Oh wait, that was Fleury?

Not that I think he is great but I have a higher opinion of Subban now.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018

He looks worse when the team is playing like crap. Happened at the beginning of the season too (and it happened when Subban started 0-5). Shortly after the Stone trade when the team was playing well, Fleury didn’t have to do much to look good.

Then he takes a long break, comes back when the team is coasting and suddenly has to deal with the Coyotes getting one great scoring opportunity after another and putting up 41 shots.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Hi guys... Martin Jones here. Tell me more about this on/off switch? I may need it to play you guys.
Here's what you gotta do. Locate the switch in question. When you find it, grab a mallet or warhammer of some kind. Smash the switch as hard as you can and you'll go into "super on mode" TM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->