GDT: Game 82: Jackets at Pittsburgh April 29, 7:00- End of a Season

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Not to thread. Where I can find photos which was made in the end of the season? The team photo etc? Thanks.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Fix this defense and we've got a team here.
Agree that will make us a more serious team. I know we play a man to man concept but it seems like we get caught chasing a lot and chasing our way to being out of position and allowing lots of cross ice assists. Other teams seem to switch more that keeps better zone balance. There’s personnel issues but it strikes me there’s system issues.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
A very impressive loss, and I mean that sincerely.
Elvis starts this game, CBJ win. He was getting in his zone these last few games.
And the efforts this roster put out, even after being down 3-0 early, and without several regulars...... this game gave me the good feels that this team is onto something.

Bjorkstrand getting hot too.

Love that Nyquist goes from missing a complete season to playing the whole season.
That Nyquist, Roslovic, Voracek line was playing great together lately as well.

A hell of a reset, Jarmo. Good job.

Lastly, I have to give credit to coach Larsen as I shit on him earlier this season, more than once. I think he did an exceptional job with the roster he had.

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
I especially liked how the team rarely gave up this year. Had a lot more fun watching this year than last year.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
He has been bad but that's on Jarmo, not Chinny. Still a promising player but he obviously should be developing in the AHL not here.
I'll play Devil's Advocate here because I think it all depends on expectations. I was worried he was going to be a one dimensional one trick pony. Throw in the fact he is a young kid not familiar with the NA style of hockey, doesn't speak the language and was likely never asked to play a full 200' game before. There were bound to be growing pains. And yes perhaps he should have started in the AHL so this was trial by fire.

In reality, while he made mistakes which are inevitable for a kid, I thought his all-around game was better than expected. With his ability and willingness to pass the puck and find the open man and his effort to come back and be defensively responsible (remember I am not saying he didn't make mistakes) but I was not disappointed in his rookie season. Of course more would have been better but as of right now I am pretty bullish on his future. This is a big off-season for the kid, he and the club know where he needs to improve and perhaps with the situation in Russia he decides to stay nearby and focus on taking that next leap forward.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad