GDT: Game 80: Coyotes @ Wild - 5:00pm (AZ) - BSAZCoyotes, 92.3FM

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I wonder if BA trade down our out for another 1st rounder next year. Wouldn’t that be a stunner. We could get Geekie and a first next year for that pick.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Just goes to show that it is hard to tank. No one likes doing it and players have pride in their play and game.

I never advocate for it and simply say that when you have a pick that is not the best OA player, your room and your scouts have to find that player who has the skill/longevity combo amongst the many choices. Doesn't mean every choice is perfect and some drafts are more plentiful than others. But if you have a plan that gets more hits than misses in your evaluations, then you can see sustained team improvements.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Draft in Montreal, Montreal is a big money maker for the league, and they will most likely finish dead last. Easy lay-up for the league. We just need to hope there aren’t any lottery winners (if not us.) 2nd or 3rd would be good consolation. 4th would be a gut punch.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Draft in Montreal, Montreal is a big money maker for the league, and they will most likely finish dead last. Easy lay-up for the league. We just need to hope there aren’t any lottery winners (if not us.) 2nd or 3rd would be good consolation. 4th would be a gut punch.
The lottery isn’t rigged.

For me personally, I have almost no preference between third or fourth.

Now having said that, I’m guessing we pick fourth and by some miracle Slafkovsky falls to third but no further. Hahaha.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Relax. Not even close to the same.
Now would seem a good time to point out that the Eichel you all craved has now gone SEVEN YEARS WITHOUT ONE PLAYOFF GAME. FOR 2 TEAMS. HELL, *WE* HAVE MORE. (And I'm telling you, Vegas is more likely to be worse in 3 years than better)

Once my over under 67.5 bets won, I'm off the tank train. We win the lottery, great. If not we pick 4th, also great. Hope that guy does well FOR us, whoever he is.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
The lottery isn’t rigged.

For me personally, I have almost no preference between third or fourth.

Now having said that, I’m guessing we pick fourth and by some miracle Slafkovsky falls to third but no further. Hahaha.
If it ain't rigged, then why do they keep painting the logo on our lottery balls with lead paint? Rumor has it that they are switching over to uranium based paint, has a longer half-life!

I think the hockey gods will finaly throw the Coyotes a bone. Torturing the fans is getting boring...

Last edited:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I fell asleep at second intermission. Damn opioids. Going to miss the beginning of tonight's game because I start my new part-time job. Friday night is my last chance to watch a Coyotes game in its entirety this season and it's a 10:30 game. :laugh:

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
40% likelihood of us picking 4th.
60% likelihood it'll be higher than 4th.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I fell asleep at second intermission. Damn opioids. Going to miss the beginning of tonight's game because I start my new part-time job. Friday night is my last chance to watch a Coyotes game in its entirety this season and it's a 10:30 game. :laugh:

Set the VCR. :wally:

Reactions: Summer Rose

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
Call me crazy, but if I’m other teams in the division, I’d rather not have a wright to deal with 8x a season. Why not play not as hard as we usually do and let the coyotes take some points. We have zero business beating/ tying the blues or the wild. I bet we win tonight and again against Nashville.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Call me crazy, but if I’m other teams in the division, I’d rather not have a wright to deal with 8x a season. Why not play not as hard as we usually do and let the coyotes take some points. We have zero business beating/ tying the blues or the wild. I bet we win tonight and again against Nashville.
It seems to me Wright is not a generational player. Coolie, Slafkowsky, Nemec and Juricek may end up as good or better than Wright.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad