GDT: Game 80: Coyotes @ Calgary Death Stares - 6PM - FSAZ+

Stick smash vs death stare

• Total voters

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Good shift by Strome/Domi. Didn't really get control but kept in the zone. Stickybois followed it up with a decent shift as well. Penalty, meh, but at least something actually happened.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Which one of you keeps unplugging the HF server?

Probably:
Qp7BubO.jpg

Reactions: RemoAZ

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Aside of the positives like Raanta doing his thing and Strome playing well, that had to be the most boring 4-1 win I've ever seen.

60 minutes worth of rope-a-dope hockey. :box:

I got home early enough to watch the last period on my tablet. Might stay up until 1:30am and catch the replay.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Strome looked great. Very excited. He’s in desperate need of coaching when it comes to what to do with himself defensively in his own zone when the other team has established possession though. Wow he’s ugly in that situation. He’s not bad defensively when things are kind of up for grabs or in the neutral zone. When the opposition gets a forecheck, though, he’s a headless chicken. Haha.

The PP is a travesty. John MacLean coached PPs in the NHL have always been horrible. His track record is atrocious and his being hired was confounding. Tocchet has praised his influence on team culture and that shouldn’t be discounted but he MUST be removed from any involvement with the PP. He’s incompetent in that role. Great motivational speaker it seems. Inarguably an awful pp coach.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Coyotes win another game where the opposition didn't show up. I'd be impressed if the Coyotes win big where the opposition did show up and has a big shot at the cup.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Strome looked great. Very excited. He’s in desperate need of coaching when it comes to what to do with himself defensively in his own zone when the other team has established possession though. Wow he’s ugly in that situation. He’s not bad defensively when things are kind of up for grabs or in the neutral zone. When the opposition gets a forecheck, though, he’s a headless chicken. Haha.

The PP is a travesty. John MacLean coached PPs in the NHL have always been horrible. His track record is atrocious and his being hired was confounding. Tocchet has praised his influence on team culture and that shouldn’t be discounted but he MUST be removed from any involvement with the PP. He’s incompetent in that role. Great motivational speaker it seems. Inarguably an awful pp coach.
I agree. He has to get more involved in those areas, but his over all game is much improved and will only get better with more confidence and experience. He should have been recalled earlier. Our PP is a total disaster. Why? Do the players all of a sudden fall asleep? I still think our puck movement on the PP has to get much better. When we pass fast we cause problems, it's when we sit on the half wall stick handling for an hour the other players stop moving and the other team has a easy time defending.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Right, so the games in Tampa and Vegas last week totally didn’t happen...
Yeah, let’s not forget why Calgary came in totally defeated; it’s because we whipped their asses the other week when they were fighting for their lives and killed the playoff chances. We were the dagger in the heart of their season and they were tooth and nail last time we faced them. But let’s ignore that and focus on only this victory, excluding the previous victories.

The thing about March and April is sometimes you face teams without much to play for. Other times you face teams with everything to play for. It’s like alternating from pre-season intensity to game 7 in the playoffs intensity. Not only have we managed to handle this remarkably well, but we’ve also not fallen into the trap of becoming one of the listless sleepwalkers as our record indicates we should have.

The lay down and die mentality that was so pervasive over the last half decade did nothing but threaten to poison the entire culture. Teams can’t always come back from that. We were lucky to escape when we did by blasting off the entire top of the franchise into space at the last second. Just in time to get a new culture in there. This group didn’t just surrender. Anyone who’s not happy about that needs to really reflect on what the point of cheering for a team is.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Hard to say the Blues didn't show up the other night, either.

Also, this is still a step up from seasons past where we may or may not have shown up ourselves, regardless of the opposition.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Coyotes win another game where the opposition didn't show up. I'd be impressed if the Coyotes win big where the opposition did show up and has a big shot at the cup.
Truth is they outplayed us, look at the shots 43-21. They showed up in a big way. They made a few costly mistakes and our goal tending was much better.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I agree. He has to get more involved in those areas, but his over all game is much improved and will only get better with more confidence and experience. He should have been recalled earlier. Our PP is a total disaster. Why? Do the players all of a sudden fall asleep? I still think our puck movement on the PP has to get much better. When we pass fast we cause problems, it's when we sit on the half wall stick handling for an hour the other players stop moving and the other team has a easy time defending.
Our PP: The puck dies on somebody's stick, that is the problem. Once the puck dies the D adjusts. They need to keep it moving.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->