GDT: Game 8: Sabres vs Kings - 10/20 3:30pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Frankly, even if Phil doesn't have a great reason for these lines, I'm all for a shake up. If this doesn't work, maybe the next one will be closer to one we all agree on. If it does work, we can be pleasantly surprised.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Frankly, even if Phil doesn't have a great reason for these lines, I'm all for a shake up. If this doesn't work, maybe the next one will be closer to one we all agree on. If it does work, we can be pleasantly surprised.
True but what I’m curious about is will he let go of his defensive focus. If not then the Sheary/Sobotka/Sam line will be used in a defensively skewed role. Which is not the best way to use those guys.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
They usually have an extra forward skate with a dman if there is an odd number Elie isn’t on a line and isn’t going to play with Dahlin in the game. Not sure why you think that’s going to be a thing. Unless your commenting on the fact that Dahlin wasn’t with McCabe for practice.

If I had to guess, based on practice, the dpairs will be McCabe/Risto, Scandella/Bogo and Beaulieu/Dahlin. I believe that was the case near the end of last game.

My immediate concern was not giving Dahlin reps with his partner. Yeah, he’s been great, but if you’re changing things up, I think it’s important to remember Dahlin has played 7 nhl games. Those proposed d pairs are ugly, but there’s not a lot of options right now

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
My immediate concern was not giving Dahlin reps with his partner. Yeah, he’s been great, but if you’re changing things up, I think it’s important to remember Dahlin has played 7 nhl games. Those proposed d pairs are ugly, but there’s not a lot of options right now
Fair enough

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Can’t embed the tweet on my phone, but the lines at practice....:huh:

It reeks of desperation from Housley. I mean, maybe it’s works out, but Poms with Eichel and Elie with Dahlin seem pretty goddamn desperate to me.

When your best move is Pominville on 1st line and PP -- you are out of moves. LOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad