GDT: Game #8 Pens visit Bruins Jan 28th 7:00 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Nhl.com has the top pairing as POJ - Letang. Interesting. This defensive core just needs to keep it simple. Line 1 and 2 are heating up. Very winnable.

I hope so but when you haven't won in Boston since 2014 it is hard to be optimistic with all these defenseman out. This Pens team does have a lot of fight in them coming back in games 5 games in a row. The forward group is strong and I think POJ-Letang will be decent. With Marino still on the second line we should be okay on that line also. Play the 3rd pairing 8 minutes and we should be okay. Hard to be worse than JJ-Schultz last playoffs with 5 of the 9 goals given up even while sheltered. We definitely will need to bring someone in because the top 4 can't play the number of minutes for too many games.

Reactions: ownal

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Why are we calling up Lafferty?

I wish they would bring up Lee.

Really surprised with that also and even more surprised another RD instead of an LD. Pens have all RD's available and their top 4 LD's out. How does it make sense to not bring up Lee over Reilly. Lee had a good camp so that surprised me.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Really surprised with that also and even more surprised another RD instead of an LD. Pens have all RD's available and their top 4 LD's out. How does it make sense to not bring up Lee over Reilly. Lee had a good camp so that surprised me.

Reilly, in my opinion, is the safest bet/player of him, Lee, and Maniscalco. That's probably the Pens thinking.

And hopefully one of the LDs are close to returning.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->