GDT: Game #8: LEAFS vs PENS | Thurs, Oct 18 @ 7 PM EST | Scotiabank Arena | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Martin played a lot late last year didn’t he? I love you guys, Dermott, Johnsson cracked the lineup too last year on an already very young team. You nitpick here and there and can’t see jack **** in totality. Martin was benched and is gone. Polak gone. Komi didn’t even get back in the playoffs, he stuck without Johnsson. Anyways, doesn’t matter everyone is smarter than one of the best coaches this organization has ever seen. Cue the rest of the masterminds...

Some people think coaching is black & white, when it's not. He took Ennis off the top line 10 minutes into game 3, and some where still pissed for some reason.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Do people realize he might scratch Johnson to maybe wake him up or a plethora of other justified reasons.

Reactions: Pi

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Some people think coaching is black & white, when it's not. He took Ennis off the top line 10 minutes into game 3, and some where still pissed for some reason.
And he shook up the third line. He’s also upped Dermott’s minutes. Babs has been quite nimble so far this year. I don’t mind criticizing his choices, who agrees with everything he does? It’s just easy likes here for some, bash the coach, doesn’t mean it’s truly valid or instructive. I don’t agree with everything, but I respect the man and am always aware fans don’t see the full picture, nor are we as smart.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Id rather upgrade on both Johnsson and Ennis, and acquire a forward with some more size and grit.

Josh Anderson would be dope. If the price is too high on Anderson then look at Clutterbuck

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Never understood this board's infatuation with Johnsson. I knew he was going to get overrated as soon as he was put into the lineup last season.

I remember mentioning this offseason that Johnsson's spot in the lineup isnt a sure thing and that he's going to have to earn it again...People laughed at me for mentioning it and called me a fool

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
What do you smoke, so I know what not to order from the Cannabis store?

Drugs are haram.

I stand by my opinion, with clear mind and insanely deep hockey knowledge, that our head coach and his bumbling staff hold this team back.

PromoterDave

Apr 22, 2016
Toronto
I think the team is fine the way it is. Only player Im not much of a fan of is Zaitsev right now, but its still early in the season. Lets give him time to redeem himself

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Nazem Kadri has been an absolute beast to start this season so far (easier match ups though). He has about ~30% offensive zone starts and has ~52% possession.

He's going to get a goal or two tonight.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
When your cap payroll is going to be so top heavy, cheap but skilled ELC players will be the key to filling out the rest of the team. Why would they inflate Kaps value when they have a player at +2m that can play in that spot? Same reason people are concerned about his success now with Matthews, before we get him inked to a "3rd liner" valued contract.

So you're claiming that Martin played over Kapanen in the first half of last season and basically the entire 2016-2017 season because they were trying to keep Kapanen's cap hit under control? You're claiming that Babcock knew that Kapanen was a better NHL player than Martin, but he continued to play Martin that whole time instead? In a year where we only barely made the playoffs, you think he didn't put the best roster forward in order to keep his cap hit under control?

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Never understood this board's infatuation with Johnsson. I knew he was going to get overrated as soon as he was put into the lineup last season.

I remember mentioning this offseason that Johnsson's spot in the lineup isnt a sure thing and that he's going to have to earn it again...People laughed at me for mentioning it and called me a fool
He was awesome last playoffs and beyond dominate during the Calder run. Why wouldn’t people have been high on him? You act like he didn’t do well. Now you think it’s told you so time, lol dude.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Nazem Kadri has been an absolute beast to start this season so far (easier match ups though). He has about ~30% offensive zone starts and has ~52% possession.

I thought he was our best player last game.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
last time, try understand this ... Martin was a "role" player on a developing team, leafs weren't a legit contender until now.

we could have contended last year and the year before that if it wasn't for Babcock. we could have beat Washington and Boston. we came close, but we couldn't overcome Babcock's stupid coaching. putting Matthews and Marner on the same #1 PP unit for the last 2 years would have helped significantly (not to mention putting them on the same line).

Reactions: Maple Leafs

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
He was awesome last playoffs and beyond dominate during the Calder run. Why wouldn’t people have been high on him? You act like he didn’t do well. Now you think it’s told you so time, lol dude.

Never said he wont be a good NHL player. He's still got the skills and potential. And im hoping he come through.

But I just never assumed he would be a lock in our lineup for this season like everyone had him out to be due to such a small sample size last season.

And yeah, I saw this guy during the calder cup run, I still wasnt feelin it. I didnt think it would be good enough to translate to the NHL game. And so far, its lookin 50/50. We'll see

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

I hardly have noticed him this season, I was thinking he is struggling to find his role on the team now, i could be wrong

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Never said he wont be a good NHL player. He's still got the skills and potential. And im hoping he come through.

But I just never assumed he would be a lock in our lineup for this season like everyone had him out to be due to such a small sample size last season.

And yeah, I saw this guy during the calder cup run, I still wasnt feelin it. I didnt think it would be good enough to translate to the NHL game. And so far, its lookin 50/50. We'll see
So you’re saying he won’t be a good NHL player then? Which is it, because you’re not “feelin it” as you said. Nobody is a lock, but based on how well he played in the playoffs and late season, then his Calder game it was only natural to think he would make the team? Babs sure didn’t say he was a lock this preseason. I still think he turns out but it’s not an absolute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->