Game 8: Kings vs. Jackets 4-2 Victory!

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
Didn't know where to ask this and didn't want to clog your board up but is everything fine with Kopitar? Just got offered a fantasy trade for him and wanted to make sure he's healthy before I do the trade.

Optimal Kopitar ownership would involve drafting him in Oct, trading him in late Dec, and then reacquiring him in mid-late Feb. His genetic makeup is part bear, so he tends to hibernate in Jan.

He's kinda hurt right now, not quite 100%. I'd hold onto him. His lack of point totals are also a function of Williams and Brown sucking to start the season as well. He'll turn it around in a couple weeks.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Optimal Kopitar ownership would involve drafting him in Oct, trading him in late Dec, and then reacquiring him in mid-late Feb. His genetic makeup is part bear, so he tends to hibernate in Jan.

He's kinda hurt right now, not quite 100%. I'd hold onto him. His lack of point totals are also a function of Williams and Brown sucking to start the season as well. He'll turn it around in a couple weeks.

My language was a bit confusing, I got offered Kopitar (C) for Shane Doan (LW,RW). Categories are G, A, +/-, SOG, PIM. Seems like a no brainer, I should take Kopitar and run.

Captain Mittens*

My language was a bit confusing, I got offered Kopitar (C) for Shane Doan (LW,RW). Categories are G, A, +/-, SOG, PIM. Seems like a no brainer, I should take Kopitar and run.

Don't just run.... sprint.

Hatter

Microagression King
Jul 9, 2004
Northern Idaho
After the conclusion of tonight's slate of games, the Kings (2 ROW) find themselves in a projected four-way tie for 8th with Phoenix (4 ROW), Minnesota (3), and Detroit (3), all on pace for 48 points at the end of the year. Given that the Kings lose the ROW tiebreaker to every single one of these teams, they need 49 points to project as the 8th-place playoff qualifiers.

So, 20-19-1 the rest of the way (a .5125 percentage) - much more promising than the 24-17 they needed before games began today. So, on pace, as long as they convert ONE SO/OTL into a win.
It feels a little early for that but wow.

Last edited:

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I know, poor jacket fans. I mean clock gate is all they have worth talking about from last season.

Who knows what could have happened had they only managed a way to hang on to that one point. I will take a guess.....nothing that didn't actually happen?

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
I know, poor jacket fans. I mean clock gate is all they have worth talking about from last season.

Who knows what could have happened had they only managed a way to hang on to that one point. I will take a guess.....nothing that didn't actually happen?
If they had that extra point, they would have been the number one seed in the West.

Oh wait, they'd still be dead last. :laugh:

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008

Such unbearable misers. It meant the world to us, and squat to them.

Captain Mittens*

5 points in 3 games for Richards. At least 5 people here wanted him traded and one said he was just a 35 point defensive forward.

:nod::nod::nod:

I think some posters here think the 41 game season means they get to freak out twice as quickly. Not true!

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011

Yeah that one point sure broke their playoff chances!

Honestly I feel for Columbus though, they have good fans just can't get it going team wise. I still hope for the best with JJ, they have a nice young core there just need to put it together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->