Post-Game Talk: Game 8 - It Works Until it Doesn't

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
What are the odds of one team having two mid-game trades with just a few years in between?

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Francouz is quite a delight. :vhappy:

If Makar can get 7 points in 8 games while playing just meh, I wonder how he will do when he is playing great? :naughty:

Reactions: MacBradley

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Now I'm going to worry that Francouz is going to walk as a UFA after this year. If Sakic re-signs him I'm going to worry we're losing him in the expansion draft.

Then again:

BsHXv1MCEAIYZRM.jpg

Reactions: 5280 and Ivan13

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Losing Francouz to expension draft would suck, but finding a back up goalie in the NHL isnt that hard

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Losing Francouz to expension draft would suck, but finding a back up goalie in the NHL isnt that hard
We're going to lose a decent player or asset, and in the bigger picture that is a good thing as it means the team is strong and deep. Losing Francouz would also mean that we get to keep other guys, like Zadorov, Burakovsky, Donskoi, Jost, etc.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
We're going to lose a decent player or asset, and in the bigger picture that is a good thing as it means the team is strong and deep. Losing Francouz would also mean that we get to keep other guys, like Zadorov, Burakovsky, Donskoi, Jost, etc.
If Gru keeps proving he is #1G (I personnaly have no doubt he is) then losing Frankie to the XD is probably the best outcome for the Avs as a decent backup goalie is not too hard to find. Heck we might have one internally by then if Werner and/or Annunen keeps going the way they are now.

Reactions: Richard88

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Colin Wilson... how you like them apples?

Also, the big story is clearly about Jost and I don't want to take anything away... but JTC was quietly the worlds best wing-man.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Colin Wilson... how you like them apples?

Also, the big story is clearly about Jost and I don't want to take anything away... but JTC was quietly the worlds best wing-man.
I have a feeling that by the end of this season we will be looking at JTC's contract as a huge steal.

Reactions: wayninja

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Watching the highlights again... outside of the hatty, the 3 other goals scored were absolutely stunning....

Landy was pointing his stick in the EXACT OPPOSITE direction of the net and still deflected that just wide of himself and scored... I mean.. if he INTENDED that to happen... that's... otherworldly.

Kadri with an amazing grind that sets up just a gorgeous snipe... wow... what a well earned goal that was...

Rants.... I'm not sure what to say here... the play speaks for itself... it literally has everything...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad