GDT: Game 8 | Detroit Red Wings vs. Columbus Blue Jackets | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D (HD) ‎

CloneHakanPlease*

I'm going to enjoy all the crow eating you'll be doing.

Don't count on it. PM me your paypal information if you want. My offer from earlier still stands. I won't expect anything from you if you win because I find stealing to be immoral.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Then if you're going to stand pat and have a crappy year, let the over-ripe youth you have play some ****ing games. Don't go out and sign Samuelsson and Bertuzzi instead. To me, that suggests Holland DID think he had a decent team that could survive with a quantity of veterans over quality.

I would have absolutely NO problem getting beaten by the likes of Columbus and missing the playoffs, if it meant I got to watch Tatar and Nyquist mature as NHL players in the process.

Sorry, let me rephrase: "a comparatively crappy year". If we fight, we can make the playoffs and then who knows? It's not like we're going to be in the bottom third of the league this year so there's no need to sell the farm...

Are we at the head of the pack where we want to be? No. Are we at the back of the pack where we need to blow up the team? No. Are we in the middle of the pack where we can be competitive for a year and come out looking for a few pieces to complete the team next year? Maybe.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Pls stop playing cleary he is garbade and we xan give brunstrum mins. Drinking time why am I even sober now

CloneHakanPlease*

Sorry, let me rephrase: "a comparatively crappy year". If we fight, we can make the playoffs and then who knows? It's not like we're going to be in the bottom third of the league this year so there's no need to sell the farm...

Are we at the head of the pack where we want to be? No. Are we at the back of the pack where we need to blow up the team? No. Are we in the middle of the pack where we can be competitive for a year and come out looking for a few pieces to complete the team next year? Maybe.

I'm not so worried about this year. I'm more worried about two years when Datsyuk heads back to Russia and our stud prospects have around 100 games and 20 goals between them

HTT3*

Kronwall gets an assist on CBJs goal. I think Kronwall was on the ice for every goal against.

That's our #1? KronwaLOL

Overrated and overpaid. No Stuart = Kronwall is pure garbage.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site

The problem is, we've been in this situation for 3 years now. We have 1) not acquired any pieces that are worth being incorporated into our core, and 2) have barely developed the NHL game of any of our top prospects in that time, particularly this season.

Moreover, we have few valuable pieces that Holland would be willing to trade at the deadline if we ARE clearly out of the playoffs, and are in no position to be trading for quick fixes at the deadline if we ARE in the playoff picture.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
I was thinking about "confidence" and how it's a paradox. In my opinion, you want your forwards to have confidence but not your defensemen.

Our forwards, outside of just a few, don't have enough of it and our defenders have too much of it. "I can make the blind, backhand pass out of the zone while under pressure just fine!" "Last man back? No problem, I can TOTALLY pinch and then win the game!" "Safe play off the boards and out? Nah, let me try to thread this pass through our crease!"

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Classy comment. I've never been a Kronwall fan, and I've never been a Kronwall hater either. It helps when trying to see things objectively.

I'm sorry about the rash nature of my comment. I want Kronwall to be good. If he didn't have a lifetime contract and was held in such high regard by fans and the organization I wouldn't be so hard on him. But that's not the case.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
The problem is, we've been in this situation for 3 years now. We have 1) not acquired any pieces that are worth being incorporated into our core, and 2) have barely developed the NHL game of any of our top prospects in that time, particularly this season.

Moreover, we have few valuable pieces that Holland would be willing to trade at the deadline if we ARE clearly out of the playoffs, and are in no position to be trading for quick fixes at the deadline if we ARE in the playoff picture.

People on this board keep saying "3 years now we have been sucking"
The last 3 years we were:

2010: 6th Best team
2011: 7th Best team
2012: 6th Best team
Based on points for the season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009–10_NHL_season
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010–11_NHL_season
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_NHL_season

This is not sucking guys.
Our team used to be the BEST in hockey for 10 years now... Some of you have no idea what sucking is!

EDIT: This year should be the first year of "mid-pack ranking" 10th to 20th

Last edited:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
People on this board keep saying "3 years now we have been sucking"
The last 3 years we were:

2010: 6th Best team
2011: 7th Best team
2012: 6th Best team
Based on points for the season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009–10_NHL_season
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010–11_NHL_season
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011–12_NHL_season

This is not sucking guys.
Our team used to be the BEST in hockey for 10 years now... Some of you have no idea what sucking is!

Hey, we possibly might get an idea of that soon enough, think about it, we've gone quite seamlessly from arguing if we will win the Cup about a year ago to arguing if we'll make the playoffs.

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
When did Abdelkader become Cleary? I've been an Abby proponent for a while, but goodness is he useless this season.

Aug 6, 2012
When did Abdelkader become Cleary? I've been an Abby proponent for a while, but goodness is he useless this season.

Its tough to blame Abby as he's pretty much a 4th line agitating winger playing third line center alongside of Cleary.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Our bottom 6 has virtually no offensive talent. Only guy I think is decent offensively is Eaves. I like what I've seen from Emmerton too I guess, he creates chances for himself.

Miller, Cleary, Abby, Tootoo. Can't really rely on these guys to score you many goals. We need some scoring depth. Nyquist or Tatar needs to come up for one of these turds.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Bottom 6 combined stats 8 games in

0 G
1 A

jackie-chan-confused.png

Datstromberg

Nov 12, 2007
whenever the wings get a power play, i immediately feel dissapointed knowing i have to watch our top players stumble over themselves for 2 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad