GDT: Game 8: Czech Repulic Vs Germany | 9AM EST 3PM CET | GER 4 - 3 CZE

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
20wjc8.jpg

Full Tournament Schedule: IIHF - Schedule and Results 2020 IIHF World Junior Championship
Game Info: Game Summary

full

Czech Republic
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Lukas Dostal (G)
Nick Malik (G)
Lukas Parik (G)

Defensemen:
KLIKORKA Karel (D)
KUCERIK Radek (D)
HAS Martin (D)
ZABRANSKY Libor (D)
DAJCAR Tomas (D)
KUBICEK Simon(D)

Forwards:
PEKAR Matej (F)
TEPLY Michal (F)
LAUKO Jakub (F)
JENIK Jan (F)
PAVEL Ondrej (F)
SIK Otakar (F)
BLUMEL Matej (F)
PYTLIK Jaromir (F)
CAJKA Petr (F)
RASKA Adam (F)
MYSAK Jan (F)
SIR Jan (F)

full

Germany
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
HANE Hendrik (G)
ANCICKA Tobias (G)
MAURER Philipp(G)

Defensemen:
WIRT Daniel (D)
HEINZINGER Niklas (D)
HUTTL Leon (D)
DERSCH Alexander (D)
MIK Eric (D)
MASS Philipp (D)
SEIDER Moritz (D)

Forwards:
STUTZLE Tim (F)
SCHUTZ Justin (F)
NIJENHUIS Jan (F)
SCHINKO Luis (F)
FLEISCHER Tim (F)
BRUNE Louis (F)
KINDER Nino (F)
JENTZSCH Taro (F)
LOBACH Dennis (F)
VALENTI Yannik (F)
REICHEL Lukas (F)
PETERKA John (F)
BOKK Dominik (F)

Scratched:

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I really liked what I saw from the German's against US. They need to do to us what we did to Russia. They have the best Dman in the game (by a country mile), a good goalie and a few forwards who are very high end. Play a patient game and see if they can counter punch us. Czechs also need to play a patient game and not buy their own hype after Russia win. If we can get it to OT, that should be enough to eliminate the German's. The Russia win gives us a nice cushion that way.

Having said that... I feel the German's are ripe for an upset and we're staring down the barrel at it.

My brain says Germany wins 3-2
My heart says we win 3-2

I expect to be pretty much stressed out of my tree from 9am till roughly 11:30 tomorrow morning!

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
I really liked what I saw from the German's against US. They need to do to us what we did to Russia. They have the best Dman in the game (by a country mile), a good goalie and a few forwards who are very high end. Play a patient game and see if they can counter punch us. Czechs also need to play a patient game and not buy their own hype after Russia win. If we can get it to OT, that should be enough to eliminate the German's. The Russia win gives us a nice cushion that way.

Having said that... I feel the German's are ripe for an upset and we're staring down the barrel at it.

My brain says Germany wins 3-2
My heart says we win 3-2

I expect to be pretty much stressed out of my tree from 9am till roughly 11:30 tomorrow morning!

It's exactly the other way around for me. My brain says the Czechs will win and the heart is obviously going with a win for our boys.
I think Germany has the better high end talent but the Czech team has better goaltending and better depth. I am hopeful however that our high end talent up front will be too much for the Czech defense.

However it's just great to see that it is even considered a pretty close game and that we are not a clear cut #9 or #10 team this year. Maybe you can even argue that the German team is as high as #7, thats amazing progress already.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Kudos to Germany for putting together this very competitive looking team. The unfortunate part of this game is how much the Czechs have stacked the odds in their favour through scheduling. It’s back-to-back days for the Germans with the quick turnaround early game, while the Czech team comes in fresh from a day off. I really think the IIHF needs to step in and stop this practice, but I doubt they will. I’m sure this will still be a good game and the winner will pretty much punch their ticket to a quarterfinal berth. I’m pulling for the Germans, but it’s also fun to watch the Czech fans hopping with excitement!:jump:

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Which game is supposed to be better? This one or the Finland-Slovakia one?

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I'm going with an OT win, 4-3 Czechs. It'll be a tough one and Germany will make it very hard for us.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010

I think this one. Germany could beat us today, while I think Slovakia would struggle to beat Finland. Having said that, anything is possible at this level...:nod:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Gunna go with 3-2 czechs... germany looks fantastic but i assume this is a trap game.

Czechs got home crowd + great goalie, just need to capatalize on chances and be patient .

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Don't think Germany has much of a chance against the Czechs, all I hope for is another solid showing.

The Oilers are coming for you, Tim Stützle! :naughty:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
What a start! A penalty in the first millisecond and an own goal by Has. Crowd is quiet... German's are flying. A+ start for the German's.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Don't think Germany has much of a chance against the Czechs, all I hope for is another solid showing.

The Oilers are coming for you, Tim Stützle! :naughty:
I mean.. Stutzle/Drai/McD could be a great line OR give Stutzle/Drai second line and split Connor/Drai up. You're hired!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm expecting it to be close as well... Slovak's have a lot of heart and will go like crazy.

For those complaining about the German schedule... Slovakia has an almost identical one. They played Kazakhistan and now the Finn's. It's unfair but it comes with being lower seeds. I can promise you the organizers don't want to hurt Slovakia's chances of qualifying as they are an unnoficial home team with nothing but sold out games.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
German D is not coping with forechecking very well second day in a row, it probably will be their downfall in this tournament.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Raska with the bar! We're starting to roll a bit but German's are in a great spot. Crowd is coming alive.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yup.. there is the goal.. two 17 year olds and 2-0. Good for Germany... playing their role to perfection! This game might already be over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad