Post-Game Talk: Game #8: Canucks 2, Bruins 1 (OT)

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Green is getting this team to play his game. Goaltending is good. Defense is no joke. Forwards are getting their battle on. All good!

So, why do they need to put a skinny, weak kid at risk? Petterson has no North American experience! This is negligent, IMO. At minimum he should be sent down for the ten game conditioning stint. He lasted four games in this league before some random guy took him out. Hayley Wickenheiser would have a better chance, FFS!

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
Green is getting this team to play his game. Goaltending is good. Defense is no joke. Forwards are getting their battle on. All good!

So, why do they need to put a skinny, weak kid at risk? Petterson has no North American experience! This is negligent, IMO. At minimum he should be sent down for the ten game conditioning stint. He lasted four games in this league before some random guy took him out. Hayley Wickenheiser would have a better chance, FFS!

Lol, he has 8 pts in 5 gp and he’s not nhl ready because he got rock bottomed head first? Are you a troll from the main boards or just an idiot?

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
Goldobin was the best offensive player today. Horvat´s line looked dangerous when he was on it and like crap when Baertshi subbed in that spot. Baertshi did not look good at all, he is once again not going to the danger areas and is not skilled or fast enough to score from the perimeter.

Tyler Motte had a fine disruptive game, but does not have enough offensive talent to score on this level. As a team the Canucks have to many guys that are not good enough offensively, lets hope that the goalies keep standing on their head.

Edler was good and physical, Tanev to. Pouliot and Stetcher looks good together some chemistry there, still they have trouble defending sometimes especially Pouliot. Gudbransson and Hutton well, Hutton did some good things Gudbransson is no more than a no 6 D-man.

In OT Green played Tanev and Edler and no other d-men, I think in OT you should go for offensive guys that can skate, but hey we won so what the hell to I know. Wish Gaudette was given more trust , but getting used Greens fear of using rookie now. Goldobin is showing well now that he has gotten some confidence, maybe we should try and trust the rookies just a little bit more Travis.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017

Dude Pettersson has points in all north american games he played in except one. Yeah lets send him down to ahl that will show him.

He still leads the canucks in points

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
I know everyone is excited about Horvat having one of his best games in recent memory, and Markstrom basically winning the game for us, but MAAAAAN am I feeling so much better about Boeser. That's all I can think of right now, because I was really getting nervous that maybe he just wouldn't be the player he was before the catastrophic back injury. But you know... every game he's looking better and better as his conditioning gets better. Feels like in a couple weeks we may even be back to where he was when he went down.

Now let's just hope that EP isn't rushed back, and he picks up where he left off, too.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
They are winning games exactly how I thought they would be winning games..
Also losing them how I expected them to lose them as well.

It's been fun to watch how the script will play out each night.

If goalies hold strong the first 5-10 mins of each game... they got the type of team to work, stay in all games, and be opportunistic.

5-3.. is ok... but pretty good for schedule that had us playing just our 2nd gm in Van since Sept 20th.

brokenhole

Aug 12, 2015
Nor could Tampa, Florida and Pittsburgh, what gives? Did you watch any of the games?
If i remember correctly we beat those teams last year as well ..remember all the all the back patting by you guys as well and,,,

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
You predicted they wouldn’t win a single game in October..

So did I. So, we're definitely better than I thought we'd be.

Still think we're going to have some long, dreadful, patches... especially when Tanev, inevitably, get's injured. I'll be very surprised if this isn't a bottom 5 team when all is said and done. But, it's nice to see a win, especially against the Bruins.

Last edited:

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
Lol people getting excited over yet another fluky win. Time to get the playoff push thread started. Team got another fluky goal in the beginning and some lucky goaltending. They're not gonna win lots of games getting outshot by 10.

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
The only "crap" was what you posted.
For asking where him (and you, by the way) have been in three years? Because there's a group of posters who are here only in the beginning of the regular season. Then, all of a sudden, losses start piling and everyone needs to be printing posters asking for your whereabouts. Reality is "crap"... mate.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Lol people getting excited over yet another fluky win. Time to get the playoff push thread started. Team got another fluky goal in the beginning and some lucky goaltending. They're not gonna win lots of games getting outshot by 10.
So what did you think of the PK today.. or the way Green decided to match em up?

Anything fruitful?

Just wet blanket pot shots?
Just ensuring people don't say too many good things about a win vs the Bruins?

Windy River

Jan 31, 2013
Bo did get into a fight tonight and won it with one punch to Bruins player's face (he did get up to make a fight of it but it was already over). He's shaping up to be the undeniable captain of this team.
Acciari started the fight (why didnt he get instigator? Just because he got his ass handed to him?.). Horvat didn’t just land one punch though, landed 4 or 5 good shots. Was very well composed in the fight, had Acciari wobbled bad with that first shot, and cut, and after a few seconds Acciari just hung on for dear life to avoid further beating.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
I'm relishing the fact that these so-called cup contenders can't even beat a team like ours, pure embarrassment.
Maybe the Canucks aren’t as bad as you’ve been led to believe? I encourage you to put your bias in the closet for a bit and watch some games, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: PuckFather

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Acciari started the fight (why didnt he get instigator? Just because he got his ass handed to him?.). Horvat didn’t just land one punch though, landed 4 or 5 good shots. Was very well composed in the fight, had Acciari wobbled bad with that first shot, and cut, and after a few seconds Acciari just hung on for dear life to avoid further beating.

He did get an instigator, but Horvat also got two for something.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
For asking where him (and you, by the way) have been in three years? Because there's a group of posters who are here only in the beginning of the regular season. Then, all of a sudden, losses start piling and everyone needs to be printing posters asking for your whereabouts. Reality is "crap"... mate.
They play well at the start of every season then injuries hit, bam!

See, been here for a while and unlucky for you, I'll be here for a while yet.

Reactions: Nomobo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad