GDT: Game 8: Anaheim Ducks @ Vegas Golden Knights | 7:00PM | More Good Juju Please

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Watching highlights. Reaves’ time in Pgh was good for developing his skill set. Speed is now part of his game.

A real Mario Reaves.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
As happy as I am for the great win by Vegas, the Ducks fan in me is significantly more furious. I was hoping this would be an evenly matched and entertaining game with a Vegas win since they need more. All I got was Vegas exposing just how pathetic Carlyle's system is.

I'm also worried about Pacioretty. So far it seems like Habs fans weren't kidding about his ineffectiveness on the puck.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
As happy as I am for the great win by Vegas, the Ducks fan in me is significantly more furious. I was hoping this would be an evenly matched and entertaining game with a Vegas win since they need more. All I got was Vegas exposing just how pathetic Carlyle's system is.

I'm also worried about Pacioretty. So far it seems like Habs fans weren't kidding about his ineffectiveness on the puck.
I've seen bits from Patches I liked, but with both Tuch and Stastny out it's hard for me to judge, Would like to see alot more, hopefully have a better idea when Tuch and then eventually Stastny are back.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Watching highlights. Reaves time in Pgh was good for developing his skill set. Speed is now part of his game.

A real Mario Reaves.

I think/really hope you're kidding? :huh: As well as that line has been playing, Reaves included, his lack of speed & stamina is glaring. I love how tough they've been on the forecheck, but individually Reaves will never be considered a fast skater.

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Turk is finally starting to get these guys playing on the same page. Still lots of room for improvement but they're fun to watch when they're playing their game. Great win and let's keep it rollin.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
I think/really hope you're kidding? :huh: As well as that line has been playing, Reaves included, his lack of speed & stamina is glaring. I love how tough they've been on the forecheck, but individually Reaves will never be considered a fast skater.

Reaves is definitely playing faster, no doubt. Quicker decisions on the ice, knowing responsibilities for situations and responding immediately and correctly can also result in a player being in the right spot before he usually is. It was noticeable tonight hope it continues.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Turk is only playing the 2nd line 12 minutes a night even strength.

The goals will come. He'll probably get a hat trick against Vancouver. Lots of guys sitting on 1 point still.

Last edited:

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
I'm pretty excited to see the Golden Knights back at .500 already. No Tuch or Schmidt. Stastny going down early. Team looked great tonight.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
I think/really hope you're kidding? :huh: I love how tough they've been on the forecheck, but individually Reaves will never be considered a fast skater.

I thought that was obvious, but at least Reaves is not the impediment and anchor to the quick VGK game most people had predicted.

:D:D:popcorn:

Reactions: Boris Zubov

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I thought that was obvious, but at least Reaves is not the impediment and anchor to the quick VGK game most people had predicted.

:D:D:popcorn:
He's playing smart hockey at least for him, he looks like his speed up for him. I've liked him so far this year, and I'm the guy who wanted to fire him out of a cannon. Still have ruled it out, but so far this season he's beginning to change my mind.

Milamberkf

May 6, 2018
Darwin, Australia
Great win for the boys, Karlsson ball is rolling again :highclap:.

Happy to see Reaves finally get one the, 4th line has been our most consistent so far if they keep it up Carrier should get his sooner rather than later.

Also gotta love that empty netter Marchy looks at Smith as if to say you want this? Smith just points at the net.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Milamberkf

May 6, 2018
Darwin, Australia
He's playing smart hockey at least for him, he looks like his speed up for him. I've liked him so far this year, and I'm the guy who wanted to fire him out of a cannon. Still have ruled it out, but so far this season he's beginning to change my mind.
Making me feel better about that contract every game (mind you i've always liked what Reaves did for us even if he was a bit penalty prone last year hahaha)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Knights say "hold our beers"
I do like how the thing I said was necessary to best him is exactly what it took :laugh:

I think it's equal parts Vegas playing great and Anaheim playing terrible that Gibson had a 95 sv% last night but Vegas still won.

Best thing I take from it as a Knights fan is that Anaheim's ineptitude contributed to growing Vegas' confidence. I think confidence is the biggest factor for this team's success.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I do like how the thing I said was necessary to best him is exactly what it took :laugh:

I think it's equal parts Vegas playing great and Anaheim playing terrible that Gibson had a 95 sv% last night but Vegas still won.

Best thing I take from it as a Knights fan is that Anaheim's ineptitude contributed to growing Vegas' confidence. I think confidence is the biggest factor for this team's success.

Has Gibson had 2 or fewer goals against in every game he's played in? I thought I heard that stat but looking at how Anaheim looked that would be an insanely difficult feat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad