GDT: Game 79: Vegas Golden Knights @ San Jose Sharks | 6:00PM | One of us has to stop Sharking the bed,

Yay?

• Total voters

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
This is the 2nd game this year where Kane has taken liberties with our guys & nobody has made him pay for it. Shit like that creeps into your mind when the playoffs start. I'm not advocating taking cheap shots or getting into fights for no reason, but since the refs aren't going to call them on their BS, we need our tougher players to stand up for their teammates.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Not talking about gooning. Those guys had no problem running us tonight. But when we hit them, the Sharks players were quick to stand up for each other. 3 guys went after Wild Will on separate occasions when he landed clean hits. Not one guy on our team went after Kane when he boarded Theodore.

Instead of yapping out there, Reaves needs to get Kane into a situation to drop the gloves.

The difference is the Sharks were trailing most of those times, when Kane hit Theodore it was a tie game late in the 3rd IIRC.

They already gave Reaves 10 minutes for jersey tugging. Imagine what he'd get for trying to fight a smaller Kane.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Everyone is hoping Gusev comes over for the playoffs, but what about Glass?

First priority is getting 100%, then joining the Wolves and helping them finish out their regular season, but if he looks really good in the AHL should he stay there if he can help Vegas in the playoffs?

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Everyone is hoping Gusev comes over for the playoffs, but what about Glass?

First priority is getting 100%, then joining the Wolves and helping them finish out their regular season, but if he looks really good in the AHL should he stay there if he can help Vegas in the playoffs?

I would put zero hope in a 20 years old rookie to come into playoff hockey and make an impact.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Kreider and McAvoy at least played against men in college. NCAA is a far different game than the CHL. On top of that, exceptions, not the rule.

While I'm not outright disagreeing with you, there's something to be said for using Glass' playmaking ability on the power play.

If Haula were real close and Pirri continued his production it's not something I'd consider.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
While I'm not outright disagreeing with you, there's something to be said for using Glass' playmaking ability on the power play.

If Haula were real close and Pirri continued his production it's not something I'd consider.
Given Glass' thin frame I'd really like him to get experience playing against big boys before we throw him into the playoff fire.

Reactions: IceNeophyte

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
It would take a lot more injuries than we currently have to get Gusev or Glass into a game at this point.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Hey, guys i just saw Subban today up in person. I even took a picture. Here it is:

5006222_010219-kgo-trash-overflowing-park-img.jpg

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Kreider and McAvoy at least played against men in college. NCAA is a far different game than the CHL. On top of that, exceptions, not the rule.

College hockey doesn't really prepare these guys well. Those two examples were just older guys who stuck around NCAA a long time. If they had gone CHL they would have had a year or two of AHL experience and been even further ahead. These aged out free agents are mostly 21 or 22 which makes them much more likely to be able to come in and contribute but don't mistaken them for real difference makers. They are more like decent third line or third pairing options for teams that are depth challenged

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
College hockey doesn't really prepare these guys well. Those two examples were just older guys who stuck around NCAA a long time. If they had gone CHL they would have had a year or two of AHL experience and been even further ahead. These aged out free agents are mostly 21 or 22 which makes them much more likely to be able to come in and contribute but don't mistaken them for real difference makers. They are more like decent third line or third pairing options for teams that are depth challenged

What?

McAvoy played his 20 year old season in the NHL. That would have been his first year of eligibility for the AHL.

Kreider played his 21 year old season in the NHL/AHL split. At worst he missed out on 1 AHL year.

The NCAA isn't a bad thing.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad