Post-Game Talk: GAME #79: Canucks 3 vs. Stars 2 (S/O)

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
YRB6dek.jpg

Reactions: dwarf and Frenchy

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Going to be at the game. First time getting to see Pettersson and Hughes in person. Really hope they both get on the scoreboard.

Would be exceedingly nice to see Petey get back his mojo again. 2 goals in 24 games is rather sad considering the start he had to the season. Right now he's passing even when he's got half of an open net to shoot at. That's certainly something we didn't see early on this season, either, when his confidence seemed to just be soaring.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Man, why do we have to play all these garbage teams when we really could use some losses?

4-2 Canucks

Pettersson
Hughes
Boeser
Horvat

Garbage ? Lol the Stars just beat the Flames and Jets this week.

Dont let that random W we got in Dallas have you fooled .

Dallas is playing well especially defensively.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Dallas always beats us. I’m not worried.

Would be nice to see Petey reach the 30 goal mark. It seemed a sure bet not even two months ago but his goal scoring has completely dried up.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Dallas always beats us. I’m not worried.

Would be nice to see Petey reach the 30 goal mark. It seemed a sure bet not even two months ago but his goal scoring has completely dried up.

Yeah, couple factors that could explain it... but regardless of the actual cause, I just hope he can pot some more before the season is done. (He probably could have had that one in OT when Quick was all the way out of the net, but likely worried his shot would be blocked by the players in front.)

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC

Isn't that mastermind Peter Chiarelli to the far left and Doug Jarvis beside Jimbo?

"Hey Pete, you know, like Francesco is looking for a new President. You should join us in Vancouver, you know like it's a great city with great fans. Need a little help with player contracts......that Koskinen deal was, you know, good value."

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Just score some goals. Preferably from Pettersson, Boeser and Hughes - would love to see one or both of Petey or Brock (or Bo) hit 30 this year, and just want Hughes to get as much as possible.

Reactions: Luckylarry

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Isn't that mastermind Peter Chiarelli to the far left and Doug Jarvis beside Jimbo?

"Hey Pete, you know, like Francesco is looking for a new President. You should join us in Vancouver, you know like it's a great city with great fans. Need a little help with player contracts......that Koskinen deal was, you know, good value."

I'd vomit if that happened.

Reactions: Son of a Dawson

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
4 playoff teams left on the schedule, who will go on a Brabarian 2.0 type run to end the season? Eriksson? Schaller?

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
Dallas is still fighting for positioning, so hopefully they show up unlike the last game. Too bad Bishop is still injured, the guy can't catch a break it seems. I think we'll still win this 3-2 Canucks.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..

That actually does look like him... And he's sitting very close to both of them. God help us if that's true.

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
4 playoff teams left on the schedule, who will go on a Brabarian 2.0 type run to end the season? Eriksson? Schaller?

Don't forget to mention Emerson Etem and Jussi Jokinen who were just dynamite down the stretch when the team need them most.

'Granny' is due for a late season surge.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014

Uhhmmmmm thats worrying guys, that IS Chiarelli :( :cry:

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Dallas this year is what I see the Canucks being for the next few seasons top heavy skater lineup with good goaltending, drowning in the depths of mediocrity.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Hopefully it's just Benning asking for job hunting advice. If not....
Is he scouting for another team atm?

Why would he be there otherwise? Could just be there to watch the game/hang out with his friends, but it is certainly suspicious.

It would not surprise me in the least if this dingbat is brought on to try to create 'Boston 2.0' in Vancouver with Benning. What a ****ing unmitigated disaster that would be.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
If Chiarelli is as much as a latrine scrubber for this organization that will do nothing but reinforce my cheering for Seattle.

I hope Aquilini tore a strip off of Benning for that photo. That might be the only person I don't want replacing anyone within our organization.

"Hey Frank! I just bumped into an old friend and I think he could be a great addition to-"

"Jim you're fired"

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
If Chiarelli is as much as a latrine scrubber for this organization that will do nothing but reinforce my cheering for Seattle.

I hope Aquilini tore a strip off of Benning for that photo. That might be the only person I don't want replacing anyone within our organization.

"Hey Frank! I just bumped into an old friend and I think he could be a great addition to-"

"Jim you're fired"
If only.

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad